Excellent (and AU relevant) Brian Kelley piece on ESPN

Gowebb11

ESPN just ran a piece on Brian Kelly and how Notre Dame went from 4-8 last year to playoff contender this year. Here's a papraphrased recap of changes Coach Kelly made:

He learned to delegate. He quit calling plays.  He learned to let his coordinators handle all aspects of the technical and tactical parts of the game plans. He began focusing on the macro view of the program. He shifted his focus to the overall physical and emotional aspects of his players. 

I thought this was entirely in line with changes Gus needs to make, and proves that it's never too late for a coach to learn and grow. Here's to Gus coaching like a boss today, and letting Lindsay and Steele execute their tactical plans to beat the crap out of UGA.  WDE???

I suspect very strongly that if Gus hasn't changed since the Clemson play calling issues, Lindsey will leave on his own accord. He is not cut from the same mold as Lashley, who is doing quite well at UConn.

1 hour ago, auskull said:

... Lashley, who is doing quite well at UConn.

UConn is 2-4 in the AAC, 3-6 overall, and is 92nd in scoring offense in the FBS.

2 hours ago, auskull said:

I suspect very strongly that if Gus hasn't changed since the LSU play calling issues, Lindsey will leave on his own accord. He is not cut from the same mold as Lashley, who is doing quite well at UConn.

Fixed it for you

2 hours ago, meh130 said:

UConn is 2-4 in the AAC, 3-6 overall, and is 92nd in scoring offense in the FBS.

Thanks, but I was actually talking about making it on his own as an OC. However given the details above maybe he wishes he was back at Auburn??

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Fixed it for you

Yeah, LSU was a total play calling disaster but I believe the disconnect actually started during Clemson when Gus took over the play calling, and maybe for good reason, I don't know. Thanks again because the LSU game was seriously flawed.

Archived