Favorite play of the night

bigbird

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

List yours...

My favorite was when we shifted to 5 wide set and hit a wide open Cox for about 15 yards.  

Yes...that was an eye opener and he was not even looked at by the Georgia Defense.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

List yours...

My favorite was when we shifted to 5 wide set and hit a wide open Cox for about 15 yards.  

Loved that one... watching it real-time, as soon as he turned, it looked like he thought he was gonna get blasted, but nobody was there and off he ran.

2 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

The throwback screen

The effort by the linemen on that one was awesome to watch. Tega was just slapping that kid around all the way down the field

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Yes...that was an eye opener and he was not even looked at by the Georgia Defense.

It was such a departure from "what we do".  They didn't know what to do.

On thinking more about it, I would have to choose 2 plays for vastly different reasons. Malik Willis surprisingly passing when he came in to mop up and of course Darius Slayton's goal line TD catch. BOOM!

We definitely broke a lot of tendencies this game! Love it.

We got conservative in the second half but we were able to break their will. The throwback screen was what I was begging for. They were selling out and we had to take advantage of that.

I have two. One was from the stupidity of Georgia not checking out of an idiotic blitz pattern.

Why in the world would you bring two people off the edge when there's a trio set on the wide side of the field and no receivers on the other side? That Ryan Davis touchdown was like calling a screen at the perfect time in Madden. Satisfying and easy.

The second was probably when they had like 10 players on the line of scrimmage and still let us get a monstrous sack. Pure dominance at the LOS.

My favorite play was not made by a player, but by the DJ! SOULJAH BOY!!! #TrollGameStrong

Mine had to be the first sack by Holland on Fromm. Knew it was gonna be a long night for him.

Fake run up the middle into a short pass to Stove that went for about 15 yards during the 1st half.  Those little things helped open the middle of the defense for the run later, forcing them to honor that pass.  Creative and smart.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I liked all of Kerryon Davis' tough runs too

Haha I see what you did there. During the game I thought for a minute Verne was back

Archived