Favorite play of the night

bigbird

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I liked all of Kerryon Davis' tough runs too

Gary, We do have a lot of Davises but he isn't one of them.  And we blamed Verne for all the mistakes win names. 

45 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Just for a different one, the fake to KJ, reverse around the end, thuga sold out to stop KJ.

This one. Run blitz- Uga had about 10 guys on our backside, I'm thinking ccl read it in advance, the little end-around burnt that azz

38 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

My favorite play was not made by a player, but by the DJ! SOULJAH BOY!!! #TrollGameStrong

Yep. My favorite "play" was the eternal dance party on the sidelines throughout. The players were loose and loving it. Me, too.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

List yours...

My favorite was when we shifted to 5 wide set and hit a wide open Cox for about 15 yards.  

When I saw this I nearly passed out. I told my brother that it may go un-noticed but that was a fantastic play. 

But my favorite play was the screen to Davis when the defenders were  blitzing. Perfect play at the perfect time. 

As much as I have been ragging on the coaching staff for the bad playcalling this game was incredible. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

When I saw this I nearly passed out. I told my brother that it may go un-noticed but that was a fantastic play. 

But my favorite play was the screen to Davis win the defenders were  blitzing. Perfect play at the perfect time. 

As much as I have been ragging on the coaching staff for the bad playcalling this game was incredible. 

They've been holding back. 

Favorite play?  Right next to me a police officer pulled a nice move on a UGA fan throwing him out of the stadium.  I sang him the fight song because it was a beautiful play.  

Pick just about any play where the ball ended up in Kerryon Johnson's hands. That was a standout performance in a stellar season for the young man. He's not getting enough credit for what he's doing for the team, IMO. 

The screen pass to KJ, but not because we scored.  This was my favorite play bc:

1. Was a great play call.  Showed nice in game coaching ability.

2. Was awesome to see the "Big Boys" running all the way down field.

Slayton's TD Catch.  He adjusted to the ball and caught it with his hands.  Best catch all year.

The screen to Davis that was thrown to the area the blitzers were coming from.

The reverse screen to KJ where he scored.  Chip Kelley diagrammed this play very well in another thread.

The offense being diverse and really mixing it up.  The defense was off balance all night.

Can't pick just one, especially on our defense.  The DL was lights out.

Obviously all of the plays mentioned were great and called at the perfect time, especially the screens and reverse to Stove.  My favorite play was actually the sniffing out the flea flicker by the D Line.  If we don't make the swarm to the QB once we see it tossed back, that's likely a TD and momentum shift. 

13 hours ago, around4ever said:

They've been holding back. 

But, I thought we always "held back" for uat, so now what will we do?! ?

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

List yours...

My favorite was when we shifted to 5 wide set and hit a wide open Cox for about 15 yards.  

18 hours ago, around4ever said:

There were many!!  I liked Stidham's bootleg for the TD. 

18 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Fake run up the middle into a short pass to Stove that went for about 15 yards during the 1st half.  Those little things helped open the middle of the defense for the run later, forcing them to honor that pass.  Creative and smart.

Anything like these plays that broke tendencies. Basically just seeing our head coach allow his players to succeed. So great.

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

List yours...

Definitely the most interesting one...I’m not even sure the defensive formation but it was puzzling how no one was within like 15 yards of Cox. Great play call at a great time I guess 

20 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

My favorite play was not made by a player, but by the DJ! SOULJAH BOY!!! #TrollGameStrong

When i heard it i instantly knew why they were playing it ?.

Archived