Rankings tomorrow

tbone1430

37 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

My local meteorologist who is a bama fan just put on fb that even if auburn wins the iron bowl and beats uga again, bama will face auburn again in the playoffs.   

I highly doubt the committee will put out two sec teams in the playoffs.  Bama arrogance... smh

Well, we KNOW how Bama and Auburn match-up.  I am with you...I thought at least one of the points of having a playoff system was pitting teams who don't typically play one another against each other...sort-of to quell the "conference dominance" talk.  Of course, I could have just made all of that up.

After Tuesday night the rankings will be:

1) Oklahoma

2) Clemson

3) Bama

4) Miami

5) Wisconsin

6) Auburn

The committee cares about resume and Bama still has no strong resume to support being one.

1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

I agree. To me if we run the table we are in. Also the winner of the clemson miami ACC championship game will be in. OU will be in as I don't see them losing to TCU again in the championship game. It all rides on wisconsin winning out as to whether the Turds get let back in. 

Agreed, if Wisconsin loses and AU wins out, AU and Bama are #3 & #4.  Could face each other in the championship.  I think the governor would have to declare martial law...

All has worked its way for us to be a shoo-in

CFP rankings come Tuesday:

1. Bama

2. Miami

3. Oklahoma

4. Clemson

5. Wisconsin

6. Auburn

7. Georgia

8. tOSU

9. Notre Dame 

10. TCU

2 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

My local meteorologist who is a bama fan just put on fb that even if auburn wins the iron bowl and beats uga again, bama will face auburn again in the playoffs.   

I highly doubt the committee will put out two sec teams in the playoffs.  Bama arrogance... smh

Brad Travis hahaha I saw the same post

7 hours ago, thaitopher said:

After Tuesday night the rankings will be:

1) Oklahoma

2) Clemson

3) Bama

4) Miami

5) Wisconsin

6) Auburn

The committee cares about resume and Bama still has no strong resume to support being one.

I don't think they drop two spots after beating the #16 team. 

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

1. Turds

2. Clemson

3. OU

4. Miami

5. Wisconsin

6. Auburn 

7. thUGA

I think you nailed it.  That said we need to jump 2 places to make it to the playoffs. Assuming we win out we still need help.  Miss. State might have helped us last night by almost beating bama they took a little shine of of them but still left them #1.  If bama had hammered Miss. State and we barely beat bama they would have stayed ahead of us. So a bama victory even if not by a lot gets us by bama.  The winner of the ACC championship game will go to the party the loser won't. To play it safe I would love to see somebody beat Wisconsin.  Earlier I didn't think we could get in as a 2 loss team but I now believe if we can win out we will get in.

8 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Brad Travis hahaha I saw the same post

If somebody beats Wisconsin it could easily happen.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I think you nailed it.  That said we need to jump 2 places to make it to the playoffs. Assuming we win out we still need help.  Miss. State might have helped us last night by almost beating bama they took a little shine of of them but still left them #1.  If bama had hammered Miss. State and we barely beat bama they would have stayed ahead of us. So a bama victory even if not by a lot gets us by bama.  The winner of the ACC championship game will go to the party the loser won't. To play it safe I would love to see somebody beat Wisconsin.  Earlier I didn't think we could get in as a 2 loss team but I now believe if we can win out we will get in.

One of Clemson or Miami will be gone. OSU will play Wisky too, so there is a good chance Wisky loses. If we win out, we're in.

As much as a potential CFP birth excites me, a potential SEC title excites me just as much. Win out, and it would be our 3rd SEC title of the decade (Bama has 4 this decade and a 5th under Saban from 2009) with a couple more years to go . . .

12 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

We know how accurate weathermen predictions are!

Rankings aside, all Auburn has to do is take care of their business.  Win out, they’re in.  

Any risk of 2 ACC teams getting in?  If Miami loses to Clemson on a last second Hail Mary, that would be 1 loss to both teams.  Clemson would be champ and head to head winner, but Miami would have the best loss on neutral field. 

Okay, guys. think about this. We beat Bama and then win big against GA in the SECC. Miami loses to Clemson big. Wisconsin loses to Michigan big and reveals itself as a paper tiger with no strength of schedule. With that, Bama is still in the 4, Clemson is still in the 4. And we make the 4. Depending on who is where, we could theoretically play Clemson again and Bama again. A lot of ifs, sure, and I really just want to think about the next game, because this blows my mind.

Archived