Trump Approval Rating at All time High

Proud Tiger

The respected Rasmussen presidential poll has Pres. Trump's approval rating at all time high of 46%.  His current trip to Asia and letting foreign leaders know where we stand seems to be well received. I'm sure this will get a lot of howls from Trump haters.  Who goes first?

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

The respected Rasmussen presidential poll has Pres. Trump's approval rating at all time high of 46%.  His current trip to Asia and letting foreign leaders know where we stand seems to be well received.

I think it's more that he's managed to allow a couple of weeks go by without saying something idiotic on Twitter.  If someone could run his cellphone through a wood chipper and keep his mouth covered in duct tape, he could have a 70% approval rating by Spring.

Real Clear Politics keeps a running average of multiple polls and has him at 38.8%.  If you look at the two most recent polls (Rasmussen and Gallup), it's 42.5%:

rcp.JPG

I'm always perplexed at how reliable these sort of statistics are. For example, the night before the election in re estimated election results. I'm not saying that Trump's approval rating is actually higher or lower - but rather, how trustworthy are these polls and how much significance should we give them? 

Also, anyone have a link to where these polls were before election night last November?

I don't mean this to be a jab at people who voted for Hillary - just using that as an example for an attempt* to justify my skepticism. By all means, undermine my skepticism if possible. 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I'm always perplexed at how reliable these sort of statistics are. For example, the night before the election in re estimated election results. I'm not saying that Trump's approval rating is actually higher or lower - but rather, how trustworthy are these polls and how much significance should we give them? 

Also, anyone have a link to where these polls were before election night last November?

I don't mean this to be a jab at people who voted for Hillary - just using that as an example for an attempt* to justify my skepticism. By all means, undermine my skepticism if possible. 

It wouldn't make sense to have a job approval rating on Trump or Clinton on election night.  Neither of them had the job and could be evaluated.  

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It wouldn't make sense to have a job approval rating on Trump or Clinton on election night.  Neither of them had the job and could be evaluated.  

Sorry, I mean reliability of statistics in general concerning Trump. I assume these polls also had election predictions. For example, the New York Times at one point had Hillary winning the election by 97% the days before the election. Thus, I would be hesitant to rely on NYT poll about Trump's job approval rating. 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Sorry, I mean reliability of statistics in general concerning Trump. I assume these polls also had election predictions. For example, the New York Times at one point had Hillary winning the election by 97% the days before the election. Thus, I would be hesitant to rely on NYT poll about Trump's job approval rating. 

The national polls were pretty darn accurate.  They had Hillary winning the popular vote narrowly and she did.  The battleground states that Trump narrowly won were almost (if not all) within the margin of error in polling leading up to election day.

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think it's more that he's managed to allow a couple of weeks go by without saying something idiotic on Twitter.  If someone could run his cellphone through a wood chipper and keep his mouth covered in duct tape, he could have a 70% approval rating by Spring.

Oh, Titan, yea of little faith. 

4 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Ah.  Of course, that uptick on Rasmussen came in polling a few days before this excerpt of intellectual excellence.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

He responded to Kim's comment. Good for him. He called the little prick just what he is. Message....America isn't going to take no more crap from anybody........or bow down, or reset, etc.

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He responded to Kim's comment. Good for him. He called the little prick just what he is. Message....America isn't going to take no more crap from anybody........or bow down, or reset, etc.

Somebody made a browser extension that gives his tweets a more fitting font. 

DOaHj9PXcAEUTqF.jpg

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

That tweet actually won the internet. 

USA 1

N Korea 0

40 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sorta like that tweet. take you do to PT

Apophasis, Good stuff from from President Trump.

In the 1984 U.S. presidential campaign debates, Ronald Reagan used a humorous apophasis to deflect scrutiny of his own fitness at age 73 by replying, "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

That tweet actually won the internet. 

USA 1

N Korea 0

Love it jeff but I think the Trump haters actually would like it the other way. The little prick has sure been quiet with his threats lately. I think Trump got his attention with his comments, three aircraft carriers off shore and stealth bombers making close flybys.

Archived