this is a fun team

DyeCampAlum

One thing that's held steady with this group of guys all season long. They are really easy to like.

I especially feel this way about the defense. They play with joy and determination. I know we've started tackling better since Muschamp, and Steele has built on that. But one thing that's easy to overlook: you tackle better when you're feeling positive. These guys do, and they help each other feel positive too. Davidson is especially fun to watch, but it's contagious.

And as much as we've worried about the OL, with good reason, no one can complain about the effort they've made or the challenges they've faced. Yet throw a tunnel screen, and those guys get their asses downfield and just mow people down. Same for the receivers.

My best friend and I are both Auburn grads and die-hards, and we think the reason we did so well last year--regardless of the 8-5 record that was due to poor coaching and injuries--and doing well again this year is the team chemistry. They all get along so well and support each other and it shows on the field. Especially our defense.

14 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

My best friend and I are both Auburn grads and die-hards, and we think the reason we did so well last year--regardless of the 8-5 record that was due to poor coaching and injuries--and doing well again this year is the team chemistry. They all get along so well and support each other and it shows on the field. Especially our defense.

Gus doesn't get enough credit for the roster he's built. It goes way beyond talent. I'll go to my grave criticizing in-game decisions he's made the last few years, but otherwise he's done some things like a big picture savant.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:29 PM, McLoofus said:

Gus doesn't get enough credit for the roster he's built. It goes way beyond talent. I'll go to my grave criticizing in-game decisions he's made the last few years, but otherwise he's done some things like a big picture savant.

Gus’ criticism for his in-game decisions is well deserved along with his teams being suspect at the beginning 4 out of 5 seasons.  I don’t know what happened after the LSU game, but it seems as if Gus has more confidence in himself that he lacked prior to that game.

I’m elated with what I say Saturday afternoon with regard to how the team performed and Gus deserves all the credit.  I’m anticipating some great things for the rest of the season and we will see if that confidence transfers to the season next year and beyond.

Beat Bama

On 11/13/2017 at 2:29 PM, McLoofus said:

Very well written.

And we generated a lot of excitement it appears with recruiting with one, dominating game!  Actually flipped the script that uga and bama have been selling.   Gosh I hope we can beat the turds and finish this class strong and more importantly this senior class has a win over bama.

Archived