I confess in front of the entire family I was wrong

ellitor

Speaking of Bubba anyone know if he’ll be back before the end of the season?  As good as Kerryon is playing right now it’s always good to have another threat back there.  Barrett gets about 2 plays a game and Kam comes in if we’re beating the crap out of someone.  Backfield for next year looks next level if everyone returns.

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Speaking of Bubba anyone know if he’ll be back before the end of the season?  As good as Kerryon is playing right now it’s always good to have another threat back there.  Barrett gets about 2 plays a game and Kam comes in if we’re beating the crap out of someone.  Backfield for next year looks next level if everyone returns.

Last I heard was that MAYBE for the bowl game.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Where has this offense been all year? Averaging 43.5 points a game in the first 6 SEC games. Thus statistically, the UGA result was a little under our average output.

I wasn't referring to the yards gained or points scored.  I was referring to the diversity.  If we had been mixing up the offense more, we may have been averaging over 50 points per game and with at least 1 less loss.

15 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Auburn family forgives!  Way to man up.   

Some of us are far more prone to forget.

Just sayin'

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

That'll be one Our Father and 10 Hail Mary's my son

But recognition of Mr. Johnson's skills would seem to render prayers and Hail Maries less necessary?

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not when I've resorted to self-flagellation! 

Yeah, I know, not quite, but

I was upset when we had him returning kicks. 

I thought he was going to the be one of the best RBs we ever signed when I saw him in HS but after the last few years with injuries I just thought he was now too frail to make it though an entire game, let alone a bunch of games.

He has been great this year. He really is fun to watch. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Every time he makes a first down...Wife says I'm under concussion protocol this weekend, though. 

Hope you and Mr. Johnson both have a safe weekend.

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah like Kam and Devan were supposed to do this year. It's if he even gets the chance.

Asa is on a different level. 

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Kerryon Johnson is an every down back. I have known it for a month or so now. Guys like @McLoofus have known it a lot longer. You were right. I was wrong. Just now getting around to saying it.

You are forgiven...now let's beat bammer's butt!

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I was upset when we had him returning kicks.

This for sure. I saw flashes of his potential as a RB but he was too injury prone and then we had him returning kicks to add to it and that was driving me insane (especially in the Georgia game last year when he was our only RB option).

But this season.. man, he has come on strong! Even between the tackles! I'm always glad to admit I'm wrong in these cases! lol

3 hours ago, lurtz said:

Careful! Too much of that will make you go blind.

Really hate to say, but it needs sayin':

Humble apologies if I contributed, in any way, to the

devolution of this thread.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:24 PM, keesler said:

+1

It's been a LONG time coming, at least 4 yrs since our crew had a solid reason to have fun and celebrate a dominating win like that.  

Ditto;

Nothing that has happened in at least the prior 3 years had given anyone reason to expect this from our program. We knew we had the players, we had just lost confidence in our coaches. It was nice to see the results of preparation and not being predictable on offense. Hopefully this season has at least 5 more games.

KJ has to be one of, if not the hardest RB in all of college football to bring down.  It is an awesome sight watching him stiff arm would be tacklers and just running over them. Reminds me a bit of when "Bo" ran for us out of the wishbone. He would just run you over every chance he had to do so.

I do hope that Gus can give him some much deserved rest Saturday and let the other backs carry the load. I think we have excellent RBs in the stable to give KJ a chance to watch the game knowing his fellow backs have his back when it comes to winning and winning big.

I love his running style... patient and burst, will juke you or stiff arm you wherever he feels fit. He's grown on me alot! I hope he balls out come iron bowl!

9 hours ago, oldaufeller said:

That's easy on the internet before thousands of people.  Did you tell your wife you were wrong?

If I knew what's good for me. :)

On 11/13/2017 at 3:29 PM, ellitor said:

Kerryon Johnson is an every down back. I have known it for a month or so now. Guys like @McLoofus have known it a lot longer. You were right. I was wrong. Just now getting around to saying it.

He sold me last year with his performance against LSU.

But when he committed, I wanted hmm to play safety.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, ellitor said:

I have already made this confession lol.  HE is not only an every down back but he is the SEC POY. 

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I have already made this confession lol.  HE is not only an every down back but he is the SEC POY. 

If the SEC has a MVP award he should win it for sure.

Archived