new clemson nickname?

Butthead

so on monday afternoon, i am at the bus stop with my two daughters (ages 7 and 9).

very nice lady from down the street (uga grad) walks up (she had mentioned on friday at the bus stop that we would probably lose the game 'cause UGA was sooo good.)

daugher 1 -- WAR Eagle!

daugher 2 -- WAR Eagle!

nice lady frowns but says "good game."  daddy (me) covers face with hands to stop laughter.

another lady (clemson grad) says, "well, at least Clemson won this weekend.

daugher 2 (the 7 yo) -- "you mean the Clemson Copycats?"

Clemson lady -- "huh?

daugher 2 - "yes, Clemson copied everything from Auburn so I call them the Clemson Copycats."

Clemson lady -- stunned silence

me -- "girls, we need to get going" and trying not to giggle (i have certainly told my girls that Clemson copied Auburn but never called them copycats.)

i believe we did give them an auburn coach and he took old practice uni's to clem with him.

"Out of the mouths of babes..."

Well done!! #theyaskedforit

:wareagle:

10 hours ago, Butthead said:

so on monday afternoon, i am at the bus stop with my two daughters (ages 7 and 9).

very nice lady from down the street (uga grad) walks up (she had mentioned on friday at the bus stop that we would probably lose the game 'cause UGA was sooo good.)

daugher 1 -- WAR Eagle!

daugher 2 -- WAR Eagle!

nice lady frowns but says "good game."  daddy (me) covers face with hands to stop laughter.

Clemson lady -- "huh?

daugher 2 - "yes, Clemson copied everything from Auburn so I call them the Clemson Copycats."

me -- "girls, we need to get going" and trying not to giggle (i have certainly told my girls that Clemson copied Auburn but never called them copycats.)

Sounds like you have said a thing or two at home. That's awesome. Gotta love your kids. You just never know what they will say. 

11 hours ago, Butthead said:

daugher 1 -- WAR Eagle!

daugher 2 -- WAR Eagle!

Clemson lady -- "huh?

Reminded me of the old TV show with Art Linkletter ( Cosby did it too but...)   This book was a favorite of mine when I was little. 

il_570xN.1075980331_4fkp.jpg

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i believe we did give them an auburn coach and he took old practice uni's to clem with him.

He took the uniforms, the colors and the tiger mascot with him. Smart guy!

well i got one right!  at 62 my memory is a distant memory and get lots of stuff messed up. it really is a pain...........lol. still above ground tho so i am blessed..........

Archived