GOP Senators are Cowards

Proud Tiger

Seems like everybody wants Moore out of the picture but don't have the balls to do anything but talk. Now they want to pass the buck to Trump. As I said another post the solution is simple. Gov. Ivey can just cancel the election just like she scheduled it and let Strange fulfill his appointed term. That way the Senate don't run the risk of losing a seat to a Dem.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Seems like everybody wants Moore out of the picture but don't have the balls to do anything but talk. Now they want to pass the buck to Trump. As I said another post the solution is simple. Gov. Ivey can just cancel the election just like she scheduled it and let Strange fulfill his appointed term. That way the Senate don't run the risk of losing a seat to a Dem.

Yeah, heaven forbid they take the risk of losing a seat to a "Dem".    :-\

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

What do you suggest they do?

Their job instead of passing the buck to the POTUS. But I made a suggestion for a way out of the whole mess. What do you suggest?

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Their job instead of passing the buck to the POTUS. But I made a suggestion for a way out of the whole mess. What do you suggest?

What is their job as it pertains to Roy Moore?

I don't have a suggestion.  I'm not even sure Gov. Ivey can cancel the special election now that the primaries have happened.  The only thing I can think is for conservatives to coalesce around a write in candidate.  But the damn Moore groupies would probably eff that up too and put Jones in office.

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

What is their job as it pertains to Roy Moore?

I don't have a suggestion.  I'm not even sure Gov. Ivey can cancel the special election now that the primaries have happened.  The only thing I can think is for conservatives to coalesce around a write in candidate.  But the damn Moore groupies would probably eff that up too and put Jones in office.

I would have to answer you question wit a question? If the Senate can't do anything why punt to Trump?

I don't think there is any real option if Ivey can't cancel the election. A write in would only help Jones IMHO.

I spoke with a 30 year more or less active Democrat here in N Alabama. I built his website the last time he ran for office. 

He said he thought Kay Ivey would figure some way to call off the Special Election and Save the Seat. He knows both parties well. I don't know exactly how well he knows the Republican side of the aisle tho.

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I spoke with a 30 year more or less active Democrat here in N Alabama. I built his website the last time he ran for office. 

He said he thought Kay Ivey would figure some way to call off the Special Election and Save the Seat. He knows both parties well. I don't know exactly how well he knows the Republican side of the aisle tho.

I sure hope she does but I doubt it. She wants to run for Gov. after this partial term is up. If she calls it off she will piss off a lot of people on both sides.

Archived