52 members have voted

1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many pro- life Congressmen have to impregnate a mistress and be caught encouraging them to terminate to convince you folks THEY DONT CARE! THEY ARE PLAYING ON YOUR EMOTIONS. Grow up, put your big boy pants on and move on to issues that affect you. Quit voting against your own interests chasing the gop lies. This a**hole that chased girls BARELY into puberty is not any moral torch carrier. He’s a fraud. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

How many pro- life Congressmen have to impregnate a mistress and be caught encouraging them to terminate to convince you folks THEY DONT CARE! THEY ARE PLAYING ON YOUR EMOTIONS. Grow up, put your big boy pants on and move on to issues that affect you. Quit voting against your own interests chasing the gop lies. This a**hole that chased girls BARELY into puberty is not any moral torch carrier. He’s a fraud. 

I was never voting Moore and as I said, I don’t vote for a candidate simply because they are pro-life. I vote for the pro-life candidate that deserves my vote. I’ll write in a candidate I’ve vetted and feel is deserving of office. Jones also won’t get my vote because he thinks murder in the womb is acceptable. I will never, ever, vote for a candidate that believes abortion is acceptable. Life is my number one priority and if that makes me un-grownup, so be it. Yes, I do donate to pro-life and crisis pregnancy causes. 

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I was never voting Moore and as I said, I don’t vote for a candidate simply because they are pro-life. I vote for the pro-life candidate that deserves my vote. I’ll write in a candidate I’ve vetted and feel is deserving of office. Jones also won’t get my vote because he thinks murder in the womb is acceptable. I will never, ever, vote for a candidate that believes abortion is acceptable. Life is my number one priority and if that makes me un-grownup, so be it. Yes, I do donate to pro-life and crisis pregnancy causes. 

You are wasting money. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

You are wasting money. 

Money isn’t my priority, helping those that are in need is, which is what being for life is about. Anyway, neither Moore nor Jones will receive my vote. Don’t get caught up in party. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Jones sounds eminently reasonable to me.

Jones said he's a "firm believer that a woman should have to freedom to choose what happens to her own body" and that he opposed a ban on abortions after the 20th week of gestation, which is a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and now under consideration in the Senate.

Alabama law allows abortions to be performed as late as 22 weeks into a pregnancy.

"I'm not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman's right and her freedom to choose," Jones said in the MSNBC interview.

So what about the baby in all of this? Any bearing, or is abortion only about the mother? 

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Jones said he's a "firm believer that a woman should have to freedom to choose what happens to her own body" and that he opposed a ban on abortions after the 20th week of gestation, which is a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and now under consideration in the Senate.

Alabama law allows abortions to be performed as late as 22 weeks into a pregnancy.

"I'm not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman's right and her freedom to choose," Jones said in the MSNBC interview.

So what about the baby in all of this? Any bearing, or is abortion only about the mother? 

First, I will answer these questions because that's my habit.  But I don't plan to answer any more on abortion.   

First, there is no "baby".  There is a potential baby.  I know you disagree, but I am not really interested in hearing why.

Secondly, no, it's not "only" about the mother.  In fact, I have no problem with placing responsibility on the pregnant women as long as it's commensurate with circumstances and doesn't represent an undue burden. 

Again, I assume you don't agree and I don't really care to hear your reasons.  If you simply must know my positions, research it.  

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

First, I will answer these questions because that's my habit.  But I don't plan to answer any more on abortion.   

First, there is no "baby".  There is a potential baby.  I know you disagree, but I am not really interested in hearing why.

Secondly, no, it's not "only" about the mother.  In fact, I have no problem with placing responsibility on the pregnant women as long as it's commensurate with circumstances and doesn't represent an undue burden. 

Again, I assume you don't agree and I don't really care to hear your reasons.  If you simply must know my positions, research it.  

Why so hostile? If you believe that the "potential baby" (which could survive outside of the womb with medical help at the time which abortions are currently permissible), having its own DNA, heartbeat, functioning organs, is a valueless "thing" inside the woman, just say it and be straight forward. 

“Potential baby”, if that’s what you need to say to make murder feel acceptable. If it’s not a baby I suppose it’s a puppy or maybe a kitten. I’d prefer those that want abortion legal have the intellectual integrity to admit it’s a baby but they’re okay with it being murdered. 

23 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Why so hostile? If you believe that the "potential baby" (which could survive outside of the womb with medical help at the time which abortions are currently permissible), having its own DNA, heartbeat, functioning organs, is a valueless "thing" inside the woman, just say it and be straight forward. 

Where was I "hostile?" :dunno:

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

“Potential baby”, if that’s what you need to say to make murder feel acceptable. If it’s not a baby I suppose it’s a puppy or maybe a kitten. I’d prefer those that want abortion legal have the intellectual integrity to admit it’s a baby but they’re okay with it being murdered. 

Irony.

37 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Irony.

No irony, just truth.  You can also watch the extremely graphic and horrific video of a baby being aborted. If you do watch, pay special attention to the baby attempting to move away from the tools killing it. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

No irony, just truth.  You can also watch the extremely graphic and horrific video of a baby being aborted. If you do watch, pay special attention to the baby attempting to move away from the tools killing it. 

Anyone who can watch that and not be sickened maybe should have been aborted themselves

9 hours ago, alexava said:

You folks go ahead and get all worked up over something that will barely change if at all. 

Let me know the next time you cast a vote for an avidly pro life candidate who wants SCOTUS justices who will vote to overturn Roe and will support legislation with significant restrictions on abortion. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Let me know the next time you cast a vote for an avidly pro life candidate who wants SCOTUS justices who will vote to overturn Roe and will support legislation with significant restrictions on abortion. 

If that person happens to support real issues that affect me and the working class and happens not to be an insane religious zealot, who is not bass ackwards socially, doesn't try to **** 14 year old girls, while pushing death  for homosexuals .....then I'll put his sign in my yard. Let me go ahead and spoil it for you, he don't exist. It's called logic. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

You folks go ahead and get all worked up over something that will barely change if at all. 

I'm sure those who stood up against Nazi-Germany or the Three-Fifths Compromise were told that as well... 

Expanded sex education, expanded access to contraception and childcare/maternity leave initiatives are things that I believe reduce the number of abortions in our society.  Jones's support of these initiatives makes him vastly more "pro-life" in mind than GOP style candidates.

Jeff, haven't forgotten you.  We'll have that other debate when I've got time to give you quotes.

4 hours ago, alexava said:

If that person happens to support real issues that affect me and the working class and happens not to be an insane religious zealot, who is not bass ackwards socially, doesn't try to **** 14 year old girls, while pushing death  for homosexuals .....then I'll put his sign in my yard. Let me go ahead and spoil it for you, he don't exist. It's called logic. 

You're acting as if saying that you can't vote for an avid pro-choice candidate like Jones means you'll automatically vote for a turd like Moore.  But there are many who won't vote for Moore because of these allegations and his history who nonetheless cannot cast a vote for Jones either.  So they will register their protest at Moore and the GOP by writing in a candidate.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You're acting as if saying that you can't vote for an avid pro-choice candidate like Jones means you'll automatically vote for a turd like Moore.  But there are many who won't vote for Moore because of these allegations and his history who nonetheless cannot cast a vote for Jones either.  So they will register their protest at Moore and the GOP by writing in a candidate.

Well, in this wonderful state(or any state or a presidential election)  a write in is a waste. A vote for anyone other than jones is a vote for moore in this state where people readily admit they'll choose a child predator over a democrat. So when he acts like a spoiled child and we are embarrassed as Alabamans.....you know like we are as Americans because of trump. Then think about how much your write in vote for potus contributed. All this over abortion which never changes. 

19 minutes ago, alexava said:

Well, in this wonderful state(or any state or a presidential election)  a write in is a waste. A vote for anyone other than jones is a vote for moore in this state where people readily admit they'll choose a child predator over a democrat. So when he acts like a spoiled child and we are embarrassed as Alabamans.....you know like we are as Americans because of trump. Then think about how much your write in vote for potus contributed. All this over abortion which never changes. 

It's not just abortion.  It's a slate of issues where he's indistinguishable from any California or Northeast Democrat.  

Every Republican vote that doesn't go to Moore hurts his chances.  I'm sorry that I can't so easily cast aside my conscience on matters of importance to me.  Maybe it's easy for you.

Archived