Moore or Jones?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/12/it_was_good_for_alabama_that_r.html

I am now more than ever convinced that RM will run for governor.

From the article:

Alabama needed to see who Moore was

It wasn't already being proven incapable of holding office. It wasn't showing up to campaign events dressed like a cowboy. It wasn't being super racist. It wasn't being a pedophile. It was him being a sore loser?? We've really got to step up our game, America. These are dark times.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

From the article:

It wasn't already being proven incapable of holding office. It wasn't showing up to campaign events dressed like a cowboy. It wasn't being super racist. It wasn't being a pedophile. It was him being a sore loser?? We've really got to step up our game, America. These are dark times.

For me, it goes all the way back to the 1990s. Moore is just unfit and has been so for 25 plus years. 

Its kind of like Trump. I didnt wake up in 2016 and realize that Trump was now a Republican AND THEN dislike him. I disliked the him the first time I saw him on Donahue back in the early 1980s. It is funny as hell to me watching all these folks so virulently against Trump now, that were all supportive of him when he self-identified as a Democrat. He was the same Repugnant-Misogynistic-Sexist-Spoiled-Airheaded-Rich-Do-Nothing-Cretin he is today. Just back then he was throwing wads of cash at Liberal causes and candidates like HRC and WJC and was therefore the coolest thing since sliced bread. In 2011, when he started this slow shift toward becoming a Republican, he suddenly became un-Cool to the Cool Kids. Since he wasnt handing them, $Ms a year in donations, they turned on him. He is and was the same Cretin has always been. When he talked about "grabbing them by the P-Word" he was a Self-Identified Democrat. No one called him out for being a Sexist Pig back then. The money dried up and now they call him every name in the book. Funny, in my eyes he has always been the same guy he is now. Sexist Pig, etc. But when he gives money, that makes him cool with all the So-Called Liberals. Trump was given humanitarian awards, etc etc etc over the years. But now that he is a Republican...Impeach his ass!!!!!

Moore is the same. The very same problem with his handlers and party. Moore is a nut job. Thru and thru. Always has been too. For 25 years or so, everyone i knew that had met him came back thinking the same thing: NUTJOB. Just like Trump, IF YOU TAKE OFF THE PARTISANSHIP GLASSES, They have always been the same Nut Job Whackadoodles they are today. We have a huge issue here in America. Call it Tribalism if you want, but it sucks butt. 

I agree with Dr King. we should judge people by their character and not by skin color, education, accent, nor by political party membership.

40 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd bet my house on it.  He will try to parlay this into a run at governor.  I am keeping my eyes peeled for a viable conservative who will run and whom I will volunteer for to get elected.

Consider Tommy Battle. I don't like Ivey either. If Moore is the nominee. Democrats have another chance but I don't want to chance having Moore as governor..

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

For me, it goes all the way back to the 1990s. Moore is just unfit and has been so for 25 plus years. 

Its kind of like Trump. I didnt wake up in 2016 and realize that Trump was now a Republican AND THEN dislike him. I disliked the him the first time I saw him on Donahue back in the early 1980s. It is funny as hell to me watching all these folks so virulently against Trump now, that were all supportive of him when he self-identified as a Democrat. He was the same Repugnant-Misogynistic-Sexist-Spoiled-Airheaded-Rich-Do-Nothing-Cretin he is today. Just back then he was throwing wads of cash at Liberal causes and candidates like HRC and WJC and was therefore the coolest thing since sliced bread. In 2011, when he started this slow shift toward becoming a Republican, he suddenly became un-Cool to the Cool Kids. Since he wasnt handing them, $Ms a year in donations, they turned on him. He is and was the same Cretin has always been. When he talked about "grabbing them by the P-Word" he was a Self-Identified Democrat. No one called him out for being a Sexist Pig back then. The money dried up and now they call him every name in the book. Funny, in my eyes he has always been the same guy he is now. Sexist Pig, etc. But when he gives money, that makes him cool with all the So-Called Liberals. Trump was given humanitarian awards, etc etc etc over the years. But now that he is a Republican...Impeach his ass!!!!!

Moore is the same. The very same problem with his handlers and party. Moore is a nut job. Thru and thru. Always has been too. For 25 years or so, everyone i knew that had met him came back thinking the same thing: NUTJOB. Just like Trump, IF YOU TAKE OFF THE PARTISANSHIP GLASSES, They have always been the same Nut Job Whackadoodles they are today. We have a huge issue here in America. Call it Tribalism if you want, but it sucks butt. 

I agree with Dr King. we should judge people by their character and not by skin color, education, accent, nor by political party membership.

Not enough likes, loves and "thank you" trophies on the internet for this.

I have always hated Trump. Even when he was a democrat. Actually in the 90s i was not very political but definitely not a democrat. That ego, cocky, cant be wrong about anything(even when he is proven wrong) i have never been able to stomach.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I 100% agree with MOST of this post.  Just one thing I would point out, in the highlighted section.  What he did and how he acts as a private citizen/celebrity and how he acts as a political figure are two vastly different spectrums.  It's not fair to say "Now that he's a Republican, Impeach his ass!!!" when he had never held elected office before.

22 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I 100% agree with MOST of this post.  Just one thing I would point out, in the highlighted section.  What he did and how he acts as a private citizen/celebrity and how he acts as a political figure are two vastly different spectrums.  It's not fair to say "Now that he's a Republican, Impeach his ass!!!" when he had never held elected office before.

I don't think that it's unreasonable to look at his decades-long, very public life as a civilian- particularly when, as you say, he has no history as a public servant- and base your opinion of the man's potential as a politician off of that. Unless I'm reading you wrong.

As for the Republican/impeach thing, that's not DKW's stance. He's attributing that to others. He's just saying it's stupid where you're saying it's not fair... I think...

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think that it's unreasonable to look at his decades-long, very public life as a civilian- particularly when, as you say, he has no history as a public servant- and base your opinion of the man's potential as a politician off of that. Unless I'm reading you wrong.

As for the Republican/impeach thing, that's not DKW's stance. He's attributing that to others. He's just saying it's stupid where you're saying it's not fair... I think...

Totally understand that's not DKWs stance.  Was making a more general point.

And yeah, think you're reading me wrong here.  It's 100% ok to make an opinion of the man based on his public life.  I did the same, but combined it with his political statements during the campaign to inform my vote.  I'm attributing more to a partisan thing.  As in, it's hard for me to hold a Democrat accountable for how they view him now because he no longer contributes to their party.  I think that's reaching a bit and would say the same if the parties were reversed.  To me, most of the disdain Dems now have for him are due to more recent actions that he's taken while either on the campaign trail or in office.

• 2 months later...

Ooooh that's bad. Federal conspiracy charges bad. 

22 hours ago, AUDub said:

:angry: wth....

On 3/24/2018 at 8:44 AM, AUDub said:

Actually probably not federal conspiracy. My bet is that it turns into an ethics issue. 

Archived