What do you want to see vs ULM?

AlaskanFAN

State what you would like to see from the O, the D and SP teams this week against ULM.

O - I would like to see KJ play about a quarter. KM play the 2nd and 3rd quarter with Miller and Barrett getting the 4th. 

D - I anticipate the starters will play till mid 3rd quarter. But I would like to see Big Cat play about 3 full quarters and really get after it. He has seen a little garbage time, but I think this game CRG could really get some game day out of him.

SP Teams - With the amount of kick offs we are going to be doing I really wish DC would not kick everyone of them out of the end zone. We really use the work on kickoff coverage and this would be the game to do it. Staying in lanes, ball placement, containment.........

What say yeee

1. No injuries

2. Fast start

3. Pass happy offense, with Willis getting at least 15 throws

4. Double digit carries by Martin, Miller, and Barrett

5. No injuries

1. no more than 10 carries for KJ

2. Willis get at least 2 quarters

3. Willis throw 12-15 times

4. Give the starters on the D line at least 2 quarters off maybe more

5. Give the backups a ton of quality time and let them play fast and hard with the pedal to the metal

6. Miller, Martin, and Barrett a combined 175 rushing yards.

49-17 win!

Just a note but the Warhawks are not the pushover that some are suggesting......a big scoring offense so our D can't take the at off.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2433/louisiana-monroe-warhawks

Sounds like coach speak but just work the starters enough to get better. Work on plays we need to improve on for the end of the season and maybe put some wrinkles on film for bama and hopefully UGA to think about. after the turn the back ups loose to run our offense. 

Numeral uno: Get Stidham out of there ASAP! When we put MW in there, let him throw the ball for the love.

Another off the cuff idea. I feel like we have a player, NCM, who has a load of talent that is being wasted. Assuming that the reason he is not getting targeted is that he just simply has trouble getting open from the wide receiver spot. Since Canella can't catch a cold naked in the middle of winter, why not let NCM take on his role and maybe he could find it easier to get open from the TE position. It would be kind of like the role Anthony Mix played for us a few years back. NCM would catch the ball where Canella has dropped so many passes.

1. KJ gets over 100 yards and 2 TDs on 12 carries then gets the rest of the game off.
2. Stidham throws for 150 and 2 TDs then gets the rest of the game off.
3. Defense forces 4 turnovers - one of those for a TD.
4. Kick/Punt return game averages 30+ yards a return. Kickoff coverage allows less than 15 yards average.
5. Carlson kicks one FG from 60+ right before the half and makes it. No other FGs attempted.
6. Kam Martin runs for 150 and a TD.
7. Malik Willis rushes for 150 and 2 TDs and throws for 125 and a TD.

Auburn 66 - ULM 7 :Sing:

Same mental intensity and duration  as if they were playing Georgia or Alabama and enough God-confidence and unity to dance while they're doing it. 

#nopenalties #noinjuries

I'm all for getting second and third stringers more playing time; but I'm not sure we can have that and a blowout win as well. Some of these scores already predicted here are a little ambitious and borderline unreasonable if you want backups in for the majority of the game. But they are fun to think about. War Eagle!!

1. Malik Willis - as much as possible

2. Kam Martin, and other backup running backs as much as possible

3. Nate Craig-Meyers, Sal, and Chandler with 100 receiving yards.

An ungodly amount of turnovers forced by our defense so I can watch even more Malik Willis.

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

Just a note but the Warhawks are not the pushover that some are suggesting......a big scoring offense so our D can't take the at off.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2433/louisiana-monroe-warhawks

All their previous opponents combined doesn't get close to Auburns defense. Did you see the opponents they played.

Honestly I want to see our starters play for only one quarter, especially defense.  I want all second and third stringers out there.  This is a good game for those guys on defense in particular to get some good reps against a top 20 offense.  Even when they struggle, keep them in there so we can continue to build depth for us to reload, not rebuild, next year.  The score may be a tad closer than if we kept our starters in but I want fresh guys for the Iron Bowl.  Hold out any guy with a simple cut on his hand to heal up (exaggerating but still).

Malik Willis in there so he can get experience running our offense.

Our 2nd and 3rd stringers getting majority of the playing time and our 1st stringers resting up after the 1st quarter.

If my memory serves me right, Nick Marshall was out during the cupcake game in 2013 right before Texas A&M (they said injury but I still say it was code for "resting"), and JJ6 played the entire game. He probably won't have his starting QB sit out an entire game this time around, but I'm hoping he sits out majority.

Guess I would like to see AU put the game away early and play the starters.....and not let Monroe hang around....and then let as many guys play as possible.

I'm not taking them as lightly as many people here.     Other than $$$...this game also gives Monroe an opportunity for respect and we will probably get a good effort from them.  AU can probably name the score but hoping the team and coaches do  not think they can "mail it in".     JMO

Archived