What do you want to see vs ULM?

AlaskanFAN

Something tells me we're not giving ULM enough respect. That coupled with a little hangover from last week makes me think our starters are in the game well into the 3rd qtr....Hope I'm wrong.

23 minutes ago, creed said:

Something tells me we're not giving ULM enough respect. That coupled with a little hangover from last week makes me think our starters are in the game well into the 3rd qtr....Hope I'm wrong.

I agree this is always a concern but it seems like, based off interviews right after Georgia, that the players already know they can't look past anyone.

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I agree this is always a concern but it seems like, based off interviews right after Georgia, that the players already know they can't look past anyone.

Hope that's true but in their hearts they know this should be a walk-over and not that easy to get fired up.   Even then it should be an easy win but I still expect to see the first team in for the first half......and guess that depends on the defense getting them 3 and out on a regular basis.  

Nate Craig Marshall getting five touchdowns.

McClain getting three.

DBarrett getting runs up the middle with double digit carries. Two touchdowns. 

Kerryon gets 100 yards on two carries and two TD. And gets pulled. We win 70-0.

However, Gus is going to try to get Kerryon involved and some big numbers so everyone needs to take a chill pill before the game

Pretty sure these guys are listening to Steele and The other coaches. This game is a chance for them to get better and that is how they will come into JS ready to do their best. They are not really concerned who is across from them. I haven’t seen any of these guys slack this year. The losses encountered had nothing to do with lack of effort just lack of direction. I think that problem has been solved. We may see some mistakes on the part of the younger player. That is to be expected and those mistakes will help them grow. I have no doubt those young men will makes proud again tomorrow. WDE

17 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Pretty sure these guys are listening to Steele and The other coaches. This game is a chance for them to get better and that is how they will come into JS ready to do their best. They are not really concerned who is across from them. I haven’t seen any of these guys slack this year. The losses encountered had nothing to do with lack of effort just lack of direction. I think that problem has been solved. We may see some mistakes on the part of the younger player. That is to be expected and those mistakes will help them grow. I have no doubt those young men will makes proud again tomorrow. WDE

Players know what is at stake. What the fans say won't affect how tone in they are.

16 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Honestly I want to see our starters play for only one quarter, especially defense.  I want all second and third stringers out there.  This is a good game for those guys on defense in particular to get some good reps against a top 20 offense.  Even when they struggle, keep them in there so we can continue to build depth for us to reload, not rebuild, next year.  The score may be a tad closer than if we kept our starters in but I want fresh guys for the Iron Bowl.  Hold out any guy with a simple cut on his hand to heal up (exaggerating but still).

The only players slated to leave are on the offensive line and the defensive backfield, plus Tre Williams. We don't need to be overly concerned about reloading OR rebuilding next year. That's not to say we shouldn't play the backups, only that they will mostly still be backups next year, as well.

Much as I would LOVE to see Kerryon get 100+ and continue the minuscule amount of Heisman hype he's been getting, I would rather not see too much of him. He's too important a piece if we are to have a chance against Bama.

Thus, if I had my way, I'd give Stidham the first half to continue his continuity with receivers, pull Kerryon after the first quarter, and get a TON of reps for the second string offensive line. Kaleb Kim, especially, needs to be out there getting comfortable at center, because he's the odds on favorite to win the job next season.

However, to paraphrase what a couple of others have said, win handily, no injuries, and Malik run the whole offense while he's in, and I'm happy.

Archived