AU vs Temple Game Thread

Tiger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tiger said:

I think we beat these guys with Wiley and Danjel

i agree

we just dont have many other options than 3 pointers and dribble drive without some size down low.  wiley makes this team whole heartedly different - in a good way.

thank goodness for the mclemore.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

i agree

we just dont have many other options than 3 pointers and dribble drive without some size down low.  wiley makes this team whole heartedly different - in a good way.

thank goodness for the mclemore.

Our team would be close to a complete team with both of those guys. We get some extra size and length, extra shooting ability and of course a rim protector. We have shooters and some do-it-all guys to mix in. 

Absolutely love what I'm seeing out of Mclemore though!!!

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

thats what made losing montgomery as a recruit hurt that much more.  not only do we not have wiley, but we lose another big guy for next year.  maybe we get him back?

That would be incredible. I'm not getting my hopes up though. I seem to recall someone saying slim to no chance he comes back.

What looks bad (double digit loss) isn't too bad. AU has hung in and played smart, just didn't get shots to fall. They weren't bad shots either. This isn't an NCAA team like the announcers say, but they are playing smarter basketball and getting better. This team should find a way into the NIT though and after what Person/player parents/players did to sap the momentum from this season, that's not an insignificant goal to achieve.

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

they have purifoys name in the box score with no stats, but not wiley.  is purifoy at the game?

Not that I have seen. It's best to assume that AU will not see these two guys in uniform ever again at AU. I think there are people in the AD who aren't happy with Bruce and would like to see AU fail this year to prove a point, so they won't be clearing the 2 suspended players any time soon.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Not that I have seen. It's best to assume that AU will not see these two guys in uniform ever again at AU. I think there are people in the AD who aren't happy with Bruce and would like to see AU fail this year to prove a point, so they won't be clearing the 2 suspended players any time soon.

I don't know about that. Whoever is in the AD that wants Bruce gone is certainly not who I want running that athletic department. What kind of moron do you have to be not to realize everything Pearl has done for this program and where the direction he's got basketball going in. 

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't know about that. Whoever is in the AD that wants Bruce gone is certainly not who I want running that athletic department. What kind of moron do you have to be not to realize everything Pearl has done for this program and where the direction he's got basketball going in. 

It's infuriating. Debating making the 4 hour trip to Charleston on Sunday to show Bruce and these hard working kids the support they deserve.

It sucks they have to play against the opponent and their own university right now.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

talk about pulling something out of the air...lol.

I will never believe that there are paid staff in the AU admin that would ever allow something to fail to prove a point, when in the end it still hurts the program THEY are a part of, AND their decisions may be part of the cause.

I can see there are issues between coach/lawyer, President/Compliance, and who knows who else... that are purely legal and procedural in conflict.

I just want a compromise so all can feel they got something, and let's move on and burn that bridge.

We are not a very good shooting team.  We have plenty of open looks, but we are just so sporadic shooting it.

Btw, McLemore is my favorite. I love his game.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

We are not a very good shooting team.  We have plenty of open looks, but we are just so sporadic shooting it.

Btw, McLemore is my favorite. I love his game.

I, too, love Anfernee's game. Very fun to watch.

Shooting wise, we are so hot and cold that I could see us beating a team we shouldn't just off of us being on fire from 3 but also losing to a scrub team when we can't shoot very well (Barry College?)

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Why would Bruce want to even stay here if this is how they're jerking him around?

There is no evidence at all that anyone is jerking BP around.....the usual paranoia we see on the other sports threads.....with nothing to back it up.  

The coaching staff and some players' families brought this problem to AU.....not the athletic department or the compliance people. 

As BP said the day he was hired or soon after he was thankful to JJ and AU for giving him another chance.    People here seem to forget that AU went out on a limb to hire him and frankly they've stuck by him pretty well thus far IMO.. 

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

There is no evidence at all that anyone is jerking BP around.....the usual paranoia we see on the other sports threads.....with nothing to back it up.  

The coaching staff and some players' families brought this problem to AU.....not the athletic department or the compliance people. 

As BP said the day he was hired or soon after he was thankful to JJ and AU for giving him another chance.    People here seem to forget that AU went out on a limb to hire him and frankly they've stuck by him pretty well thus far IMO.. 

The narrative is much different on the Scout ITAT board.

I never, ever go to other AU boards but this bball mess drove my curiosity to other places to find out as much info as I could. So maybe I'm just reading more BS because I have no idea who is reputable and who is not, but there is a narrative with all the leaks and stuff that someone, in our own damn athletic dept, is trying to make BP look bad in the public. The idea is a higher up wants him out and is basically trying to sabotage. Could be wild conjecture, but other schools are playing their implicated players apparently ( I have not looked into this personally). And then we pluck 2 more staff members off of Bruce's bench.

It could be all BS but this definitely sounds like some JABA business to me

It just seems that our guards when fast breaking and there wasnt a dribble drive shot, they pulled out and still shot too fast. I guess they simply don't like to run set plays when they are pushing pushing to the basket.

We shouldnt be getting those kind of shots from our 3 best outside players who now have another year of experience.

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It just seems that our guards when fast breaking and there wasnt a dribble drive shot, they pulled out and still shot too fast. I guess they simply don't like to run set plays when they are pushing pushing to the basket.

We shouldnt be getting those kind of shots from our 3 best outside players who now have another year of experience.

BP's teams generally take shots that most would call "not good shots" it's just part of his helter skelter style. He was like that at UT and will continue to be the case as long as he's at AU (which hopefully is for a long, long time). Difference was his UT teams were significantly better on D than his AU teams. Also weren't crippled with such size deficiency.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

The narrative is much different on the Scout ITAT board.

I never, ever go to other AU boards but this bball mess drove my curiosity to other places to find out as much info as I could. So maybe I'm just reading more BS because I have no idea who is reputable and who is not, but there is a narrative with all the leaks and stuff that someone, in our own damn athletic dept, is trying to make BP look bad in the public. The idea is a higher up wants him out and is basically trying to sabotage. Could be wild conjecture, but other schools are playing their implicated players apparently ( I have not looked into this personally). And then we pluck 2 more staff members off of Bruce's bench.

It could be all BS but this definitely sounds like some JABA business to me

Not all perhaps.....but thanks to our coach CP, he basically named names and amounts....so nothing speculative about what was done.   Other schools lost some players before they signed and of course Louisville fired  it's coach as have some other schools.    https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2017/11/11/16635972/breaking-another-suspension-for-men-basketball-oklahoma-state-cowboys-jeffrey-carroll-big-12

Archived