Ulm injuries

WinningTradition

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Those were the same 5-6 plays we ran the rest of the game, too (save the 2-minute drill at the end of the half). If our line would have manned up early on, we would have put the game away early.

Great point, obvious point and one I've been preaching for days, weeks. Some just gotta blame Gus. SMH. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update - Tre' Williams is saying he'll play this weekend. How much - who knows. But at least he's feeling better! I think he'll be happy if he can just get in and make a few plays to help his brothers out.

17 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Quick update - Tre' Williams is saying he'll play this weekend. How much - who knows. But at least he's feeling better! I think he'll be happy if he can just get in and make a few plays to help his brothers out.

How much mobility does he have?

1 hour ago, Linayus said:

The truth is, Tre hasn't been Tre since early in the season. Even if he was to play, he wouldn't be the force that we know he's capable of being because he's not going to be 100%. While I'd love to have the healthy Tre Williams back, I don't think it's worth fretting over having a wounded Tre back, other than for his benefit of saying he got a few snaps.  It's not like we don't have several solid play makers at LB.

14 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Wouldn’t expect much from him, but this will come down to how well/much he can tolerate pain. Still great to see such heart to want to play. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

How much mobility does he have?

14 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Wouldn’t expect much from him, but this will come down to how well/much he can tolerate pain. Still great to see such heart to want to play. 

I haven't seen him in person since the game so I can't say but I wouldn't expect too much myself.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

The truth is, Tre hasn't been Tre since early in the season. Even if he was to play, he wouldn't be the force that we know he's capable of being because he's not going to be 100%. While I'd love to have the healthy Tre Williams back, I don't think it's worth fretting over having a wounded Tre back, other than for his benefit of saying he got a few snaps.  It's not like we don't have several solid play makers at LB.

He was starting to get back there which is probably why he was so upset re-aggravating his shoulder this weekend. 

Just now, Linayus said:

He was starting to get back there which is probably why he was so upset re-aggravating his shoulder this weekend. 

If you look at his numbers, even though he was getting time, he was still a shadow of the nightmare that he was against Clemson. Had he been able to stay healthy, he'd be on several post season award finalist lists.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If you look at his numbers, even though he was getting time, he was still a shadow of the nightmare that he was against Clemson. Had he been able to stay healthy, he'd be on several post season award finalist lists.

Yeah - and believe me, he knows and isn't happy with his own production. lol

40 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Yeah - and believe me, he knows and isn't happy with his own production. lol

Can't blame himself... injuries happen and no one can make themselves heal faster without cheating.

6 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Gus said Dinson had a concussion. True?

On 11/19/2017 at 8:58 AM, boisnumber1 said:

How do you think having the backup in at the start of the 3rd was a good idea when the score was what it was? Glad you werent coaching. The game dictated how long he was in there.

Consider this:  if M Willis goes in to start 3Qtr and drives the field or to the 35...meaningful and gives him the chance to run the O.  If he stalls, Stidham still has 26 minutes if needed.  That's all I was saying...If we are to make a deep run, our backup needs to be ready and Willis has not had one important snap this year.  I think that is a "miss"

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Gus said Dinson had a concussion. True?

Kind of a concussion vs stinger situation. Got his bell rung and had a twinge of numbness when he was first coming back around. 

Usual protocol is 24 hours without symptoms to go again . 

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Kind of a concussion vs stinger situation. Got his bell rung and had a twinge of numbness when he was first coming back around. 

Ok, thank you. He has made some big plays this year and I hope he will be cleared.

One other thing. Hows Holland?

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I would presume they follow the SCAT3 protocol which may/may not allow him to play.  If so all players have a cognitive and reaction baseline estab preseason and that is a factor regarding when a player and can return.  

I had to learn about that a few yrs ago when my son got one.  

I'm hearing Tre' Williams is feeling good and had a really good practice yesterday. Even if he doesn't start at least we'll have him ready to go! :)

2 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I'm hearing Tre' Williams is feeling good and had a really good practice yesterday. Even if he doesn't start at least we'll have him ready to go! :)

Fingers crossed that he isn't pulling a Sean White.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Nooooo, Tre' isn't like that at all. I can promise you that. He wants to play but he won't be out there if he doesn't think he can perform at a high level. They won't make that call until Saturday most likely anyway. And even then it'll still probably be more of a "He's available if we need him" type situation.

8 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Ok, thank you. He has made some big plays this year and I hope he will be cleared.

One other thing. Hows Holland?

Holland looks good to go. Whispers say cutting on the ankle no big deal.

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

I have been extremely impressed with Tre’s replacements this season. I’m hoping our secondary is at 100% all the way across

I have too. It's done nothing but help us for next year's unit. Deshaun has played extremely well, though I still wince seeing him in passing coverage. lol

8 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Could you define “pulling a Sean White”?

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Could you define “pulling a Sean White”?

When he played the UGA game hurt and did not tell anyone

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

When he played the UGA game hurt and did not tell anyone

Well, if that’s it I hope the coaches are paying more attention against Bama than they were against UGA that year.

Archived