Inside the numbers with Bama

AlaskanFAN

Here it is, the numbers don’t lie we are two similar teams.

RUSHING per game: 

AU: 244 / turds 270 

PASSING per game:

AU : 232 / turds 209

AUBURN is #17 in TOTAL OFFENSE 

turds are #15 in TOTAL OFFENSE

SACKS total:

AU: 32 / turds 30

INT total:

AU : 6 / turds 15

INT TD’s:

AU : 2 / turds 1

PD:

AU : 43 / turds 51

FR:

AU : 11 / turds 4

AUBURN is #10 in TOTAL DEFENSE

turds are #1 in TOTAL DEFENSE

PUNTING:

AU - 41 times for a 39.78 average (punted 3rd least amount of times in the SEC)

turds - 38 Times for a 43.11 average (punted least amount of times in the SEC)

PR’s:

AU - 18 for a 9.72 average and 1 TD

turds - 30 for a 7.77 average and 0 TD

KR’s:

AU - 18 times for a 22.23 yard average 

turds - 12 times for a 20.75 average 

FIELD GOALS:

AU - 19 of 25 for 76% long of 54, 4 of 50+

turds - 16 of 22 for 73% long of 48 , 0 of 50+

THE INDIVIDUAL STATS:

PASSING:

AU: JS - 181/267 for 68% 9.16 ypc, 16TD 4 INT, 161.49 QBR and sacked 25 times

turds: JH -123/200 for 62% 9.14 ypc, 14TD 1 INT, 160.38 QBR and sacked 19 times 

RUSHING:

AU - KJ: 1172 yards 130 ypg, 5.33 avg, 16 TD

- KM: 400 yds 36 ypg, 6.67 avg, 2 TD

- ES: 265 yds, 24 ypg, 12.05 avg, 1 TD

- JS: 102 yds, 9.27 ypg, 1.46 avg, 3 TD

- DB: 82 yds, 7.45 ypg, 6.32 avg, 0 TD

turds - DH: 855 yds 78 ypg, 8.22 avg 11 TD

- JH: 686 yds 62 ypg, 5.76 avg  8 TD

- BS:  503 yds 46 ypg, 4.93 avg  7 TD

- NH: 306 yds 28 ypg, 5.56 avg  3 TD

- JJ: 251 yds 28 ypg, 6.78 avg  1 TD

Wow, that's really interesting.  As is the strength of schedule comparison.

IMO, as always,  Alabama's greatest strength is their lack of weaknesses.  

Auburn exposed Georgia's weaknesses and then dominated them physically.  Yes, it was impressive, but it won't happen with Alabama.  I think we have a good chance to win, but I expect a dog fight.  I think it's a toss-up at best.

I don't get the confidence I have seen expressed by so many, including sports broadcasters.    :dunno:

I expect this game to go down to the last snap. Even if AU is fortunate enough to find itself up multiple scores with 4 or 5 mins left (i.e. 9 or 10 pts), it still plays into Bama's hands because of Hurts and his ability to convert and score with his legs.

The numbers that jump out to me are that AU has 2 more sacks than Bama but 9 fewer interceptions. Really disappointing that AU has so few interceptions for the pass rush that has delivered.

12 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It’s because AU doesn’t get their heads turned around enough on the one on one coverage.   Seems to me AU is taught more to play the receiver instead of the ball

Its because we play a lot more man and they play a lot of zone/match

23 minutes ago, CR said:

The numbers that jump out to me are that AU has 2 more sacks than Bama but 9 fewer interceptions. Really disappointing that AU has so few interceptions for the pass rush that has delivered.

I made a comment in the game thread Saturday asking if we had a DB that could catch the ball after a couple of drops.  They have dropped a lot of would be interceptions this year.  The pass rush has done its part the DBs just aren't finishing the job

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

turds: JH -123/200 for 62% 9.14 ypc, 14TD 1 INT, 160.38 QBR and sacked 19 times 

Hope we can add to that number, it shows that JH can be sacked, he can't be a threat on his back.

1 hour ago, CR said:

Also--remember our secondary seems to have a hard time catching the ball. Had we held on our interceptions, that number should be in double-digit plateau. 

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

FIELD GOALS:

AU - 19 of 25 for 76% long of 54, 4 of 50+

turds - 16 of 22 for 73% long of 48 , 0 of 50+

I think one of the biggest advantages is this underlined number. If we can hold them when they're about at our 35 yard-line, Saban will have some tough decisions whether to try for a field goal, punt the ball, or go for it. If we play defense like we did to Georgia, it will play into our hands.

9 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Also--remember our secondary seems to have a hard time catching the ball. Had we held on our interceptions, that number should be in double-digit plateau. 

If they could catch they’d be WRs

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Its because we play a lot more man and they play a lot of zone/match

And, we are prone to the dropsies! 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Wow, that's really interesting.  As is the strength of schedule comparison.

IMO, as always,  Alabama's greatest strength is their lack of weaknesses.  

Auburn exposed Georgia's weaknesses and then dominated them physically.  Yes, it was impressive, but it won't happen with Alabama.  I think we have a good chance to win, but I expect a dog fight.  I think it's a toss-up at best.

I don't get the confidence I have seen expressed by so many, including sports broadcasters.    :dunno:

You just need to take the red shades off. D. Karnell and others on Fox sports are picking us and Oky for the final in the CFP. Uat hasn’t beat anyone of any caliber this year . There signature win right now is a 7 point win over msu. So I don’t get the confidence uat fans are feeling. Uat is no where near the caliber they have been. Their offense is a one man show. That’s where I get excited because our front seven are nasty and JH will spend a lot of time on his back come Saturday. WDE

7 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

I think one of the biggest advantages is this underlined number. If we can hold them when they're about at our 35 yard-line, Saban will have some tough decisions whether to try for a field goal, punt the ball, or go for it. If we play defense like we did to Georgia, it will play into our hands.

Maybe he’ll try another long field goal ?

10 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I expect this game to go down to the last snap. Even if AU is fortunate enough to find itself up multiple scores with 4 or 5 mins left (i.e. 9 or 10 pts), it still plays into Bama's hands because of Hurts and his ability to convert and score with his legs.

This . Stop hurts and stop bama. Period 

Front 7 of AU has to stay in their gaps and not allow Hurt to run free.

Stop the run and force Bama into 3rd and long.

AU "O" needs to run the ball and pass the ball well on 1st down.

Stay ahead of the chains and play clean, no penalties or TOs.

The best line play will win this.

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You just need to take the red shades off. D. Karnell and others on Fox sports are picking us and Oky for the final in the CFP. Uat hasn’t beat anyone of any caliber this year . There signature win right now is a 7 point win over msu. So I don’t get the confidence uat fans are feeling. Uat is no where near the caliber they have been. Their offense is a one man show. That’s where I get excited because our front seven are nasty and JH will spend a lot of time on his back come Saturday. WDE

If you learn to spell, people might pay more attention.

Wow!!

Did anyone else happen to see the Fox Sports special about the college playoffs today?

We are getting ridiculous love.  One part of the show had everyone on the panel pick the one team they thought would win.  Oklahoma got like 6 votes and Auburn got 2.  That's it.  

Basically, the two panel members who thought we would beat Bama picked us to go all the way.

I'd look for a link, but I'm too lazy. (After all, I saw it.)  ;D

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Been an Auburn fan long?  <_<

(I sincerely hope you are right, and if you are, I'll be the first back here to tell you so.)

Hurts being sacked 19 times jumps out to me. I didn't expect that. 

We need to add to that number and our boys need to dominate up front. On both sides

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Wow!!

Did anyone else happen to see the Fox Sports special about the college playoffs today?

We are getting ridiculous love.  One part of the show had everyone on the panel pick the one team they thought would win.  Oklahoma got like 6 votes and Auburn got 2.  That's it.  

Basically, the two panel members who thought we would beat Bama picked us to go all the way.

I'd look for a link, but I'm too lazy. (After all, I saw it.)  ;D

I saw it too, was surprised for sure. Oklahoma can only get so far with Baker Football and no defense. Hopefully we beat bammer of course beat uga again and then play Oklahoma in the playoff. He can be more frustrating to play than Hurts...I just want Holland to wreck him.

Archived