Goodbye, Al Franken

NolaAuTiger

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm going to fold this one into the main Al Franken thread.

And there have already been multiple calls for his resignation.  I think this seals the deal though.

Yep. We now have a pattern. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Franken is hit by another accuser. How many will it take in his case before the left  and others call for his resignation.? He is a sitting Senator for goodness sake. Roy Moore has been crucified and is only a candidate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/20/second-woman-alleges-al-franken-groped-her.html

I don't know.  It's hard to say - how many accusers does Trump have now?   

And we have hard evidence on both.  Sounds to me like both should go.  

Another false equivalency is what this looks like. Was what Franken did right? Not at all. Have countless men done this or worse, in this country. Absolutely. Franken taking a stupid picture being a goofball is NOT the same as what Roy Moore, Harvey Weinstein, and even Donald Trump have done. Franken has apologized and been forgiven. It's over with, as far as I'm concerned. And if we as a country are going to boot a hard working senator who genuinely seems to care about the well being of the American people, over this, then Donald Trump needs to be gone too. The right seems to think that all bad things are equal. And Donald laying into Franken on twitter but not even commenting on Roy Moore is very telling. The guy doesn;t give a s*** about the accusers. Just his own agenda.

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Another false equivalency is what this looks like. Was what Franken did right? Not at all. Have countless men done this or worse, in this country. Absolutely. Franken taking a stupid picture being a goofball is NOT the same as what Roy Moore, Harvey Weinstein, and even Donald Trump have done. Franken has apologized and been forgiven. It's over with, as far as I'm concerned. 

You seem to have missed the news that a 2nd woman has come forward accusing Franken of groping her.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I don't know.  It's hard to say - how many accusers does Trump have now?   

And we have hard evidence on both.  Sounds to me like both should go.  

PT's standards of proof differ depending on what side the accused is on.  Thus, the accusers of Weinstein, Franken, and other libs are given the benefit of the doubt and even one accusation is enough to cast suspicion.  Nine accusers can come forward about Roy Moore and sixteen about Trump, but the presumption is that it's a Soros-funded conspiracy to take good conservatives down.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

You seem to have missed the news that a 2nd woman has come forward accusing Franken of groping her.

Yea I hadn't seen anything yet about that. Haven't really been keeping up with the news the past few days. Nevertheless, it still doesn't change the fact that a false equivalency has been created. And with the president, somehow its even worse to be Al Franken and have these issues than to be himself with many more of the same issues. Also in his mind, Franken's situation is worse than a man who has had 9 women come forward saying Moore did the same when they were minors. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea I hadn't seen anything yet about that. Haven't really been keeping up with the news the past few days. Nevertheless, it still doesn't change the fact that a false equivalency has been created. And with the president, somehow its even worse to be Al Franken and have these issues than to be himself with many more of the same issues. Also in his mind, Franken's situation is worse than a man who has had 9 women come forward saying Moore did the same when they were minors. 

You won't get any disagreement from me about Moore or Trump.  But nonetheless, one is a mistake, two is a pattern.  Franken has to step down.

Franken Second Accusation being met with Silence on Capital Hill.

Add 2 More

Total of four... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

While some are applauding him for asking for the Ethics Investigation, I suddenly came to the realization that he will likely skate on all this. If Hastings and Rankel can skate, he certainly will too.

WTF is wrong with these people????

• 2 weeks later...

Franken's making an announcement tomorrow. Unless it's "I resign," it's meaningless. 

Archived