Bama Injury Update

RunInRed

22 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is bama we are talking about. There will always be excuses no matter what.

This X 100. If we win by 40, bammer will claim 2 national titles to make up for it. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if their injured guys play, they won’t even be close to 100%. Those were some legit injuries they had without enough time to recover. Minkah is the wildcard here.. he’s good enough at 90% but he could also be at 70% just wanting to play.

32 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

This X 100. If we win by 40, bammer will claim 2 national titles to make up for it. 

Working on memorizing Howard Roark's quote above. It delivers.

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Do you know the extent of Fitzpatrick?  For example, KJ was back on the field after his pull, but wasn't 100% for 3-4 more games.

Hamstrings are different than they use to be. They kind of linger just like before but now docs have these plasma injections and other options out there that get the athlete back to playing quicker, and the best way to treat them is to “play them out.” 

But to answer your question, i would have to expect that he would not be 100% this early and would probably be a little gimpy particularly when he starts and stops series/plays. His 80% is still really good though. 

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

Even if their injured guys play, they won’t even be close to 100%. Those were some legit injuries they had without enough time to recover. Minkah is the wildcard here.. he’s good enough at 90% but he could also be at 70% just wanting to play.

This^

I know what it's like to play while injured.  Considering their depth,  it's dumb to play them.  Personally, I'd rather have them play a "damaged" first stringer than a sound second stringer. 

That's the whole point of having good depth, and Lord knows they have it.

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think Mr. Holland could knock a few out of Mr. Hurts!  This should be our fight cry...."Knock the turds of the Turds at JHS this Saturday!"

God, please no. 

Let's keep that sort of stuff in the forum.  We don't want to become our enemy. ;)

just funning Homer.....you should know the Doc better ! You are right though in that it should be in the forum and not in the Rivals section.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Oh, I know,  I just had this sudden image of signs and T-shirts on GameDay.  ;D

That would make for some strange tee shirts!  All is good as we count down to the IB massacre of bammer. We will win and I know this in my heart of hearts!

Sounds like an old USSR misinformation campaign. Practice like everybody they have will play. The hamstring pull could take a while though depending on the depth and location. They are the kind of injury that if not fully healed can come back worse than the first time. If Alabama wants him in the playoffs they won't take a chance on him reinjuring it.

49 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

That would make for some strange tee shirts!  All is good as we count down to the IB massacre of bammer. We will win and I know this in my heart of hearts!

As much as I want to, I just can't work up that level of confidence.  I am in the "coin toss" camp.

But if we do win, I feel good about our chances in the re-do against Georgia.  For obvious reasons. ;D

52 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

The Massacre in Jordan Hare

Not quite sure why the coaches didn’t sit Williams for the ULM game.   It would have made the most sense and should have happened.  I know hindsight is 20/20 but it would have been a smart play by the coaches 

Man up. Punch em in the mouth. Win your individual battles. 

6 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

In this day and age, I don't know if that would go over too well.

How about the rise and fall of the turds at JHS Saturday Nov 25?

Okay, let's be objective.

If they have a bunch of injuries and we win. Yippee!

I they have a bunch of injuries and they still win ..... Is it Gus or the players or Chip Lindsey, or the terrible special teams, or ........

Let's be honest --- this is not a gimmee, even if All their starters are injured. Because they are like 5 deep in 5 star players.

On 11/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, SumterAubie said:

Who gives a crap ?

Some of the uaters disillusioned are actually claiming their med staff has access to meds and tech advancements, which others don't, which takes weeks off normal rehab time. 

And yes, they say this with a straight face and actually believe it! 

On 11/21/2017 at 12:16 PM, Howard Roark said:

The Massacre in Jordan Hare

On 11/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, SumterAubie said:

24 minutes ago, Aucater said:

Who gives a crap ?

Who gives a crap? About a teeshirt glorifying a massacre. Well ask the families of the Las Vegas murders. The families of the Texas church murders. The families of the Orlando NightClub murders. The murders at the Sandy Hook elementary school, and on and on.

Then get back to me.

Archived