Plays you want to see...

bigbird

Lots of Bama turnovers...mounting collection of Auburn interceptions, blocked kicks, batted-down balls...build that Picks for Kids fund! Lots of elf weeping and gnashing of teeth.

:wareagle:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:37 AM, johnnyAU said:

Play action pass to TE straight up the seam.

to Jalen Harris...we have woefully misused him

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:43 PM, bigbird said:

...against bama this Saturday. List your plays.

I want to see the fake WR screen-n-go

walkthrough011609-1.jpg

We've set it up all year long. I'd love to see it the 1st play of the game.

love that concept... praying we throw two passes to Harris

out of the regular tightend set; up the seam and crossing underneath

Just now, 1913-14 said:

love that concept... 

hated defending it and hate even more trying to coach to defend it.

36 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Can't find it, but Jason Campbell's ball fake behind the back circa 2003/2004? 

Or D Craig’s in the sec championship game against Tennessee.  Sickest play action fake ever

I’d like to see Braden Smith pulling into some of Bama’s linebackers.

Any chance we should double Ridley? Maybe if we are getting enough push up front?

On offfense. Assuming their linebackers are still out (even if the play I can’t imagine they’ll be 100%). I think it’s important to run the ball ALOT because we saw the success miss state had and I believe we have better running backs. Once they place a safety in the box to stop the run similar to what LSU did. I think we can maybe take a couple shots downfield because Jarrett has a rocket arm and can make the throws.  I think it’s important to keep our offense at a very fast pace to prevent the defense from reacting in time. On defense,  I think we need to not allow hurts to beat us with his legs. We need to at the very least contain him. Carlton davis needs to be physical with his coverage of Calvin Ridley even if it means getting a holding penalty now and then. Need to not allow 20+ yard passes. Bama can kill you with those. 

I’d say try to force hurts into making mistakes but he’s a very disciplined player and a very talented player. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. I think he’s only had one interception this year. 

39 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I’d like to see Braden Smith pulling into some of Bama’s linebackers.

Any chance we should double Ridley? Maybe if we are getting enough push up front?

Like I said. I think we need physical coverage on him. If we get a pi or holding call. So what it’s better than getting burned. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd like to see this too

If we were to do this with KJ and he actually rolled through the line and rubbed the LB, I don't think there would be a defender around him until he came back out on the field for the next series.  We max protect so much with our RBs in the middle then roll them to the edge, that something like this would be completely against the grain and would blow everyone's mind.  Including mine!

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

If we were to do this with KJ and he actually rolled through the line and rubbed the LB, I don't think there would be a defender around him until he came back out on the field for the next series.  We max protect so much with our RBs in the middle then roll them to the edge, that something like this would be completely against the grain and would blow everyone's mind.  Including mine!

Actually this play would work even better with KJ in the wildcat and tossing to Jalen Harris. It worked so well for K-State because their QB does run a lot so the LB bit on it hard. And KJ has yet to throw out of the wildcat. Surprise the world!

10 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Actually this play would work even better with KJ in the wildcat and tossing to Jalen Harris. It worked so well for K-State because their QB does run a lot so the LB bit on it hard. And KJ has yet to throw out of the wildcat. Surprise the world!

Like the last play of the Sugar bowl last year for anyone that was watching or cared to watch at that point of the game.

I want to see us play with fun and controlled anger.  Be the more physical team in every regard on every play.  No stupid penalties because of emotions.  Just play the next play good or bad.  Those will be key plays.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, Tiger said:

We haven't had someone pump fake like that since Chris Todd left. Sold the hell out of it

Todd was like a magician when it came to selling a fake. He owes a huge amount of his stats to people not knowing where the ball went. Stidham is getting better at it, especially with the RPO, but he could learn a few things from Todd in that regard.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Todd was like a magician when it came to selling a fake. He owes a huge amount of his stats to people not knowing where the ball went. Stidham is getting better at it, especially with the RPO, but he could learn a few things from Todd in that regard.

Didn't Todd play baseball too? Or chose football over baseball? He could sling it!

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Todd had huge hands.  So did Cam.  Not sure Stidham does.  But a shoulder fake can work to just doesn’t look as pretty

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

Didn't Todd play baseball too? Or chose football over baseball? He could sling it!

Maybe before he came to Auburn... he was most well known for having a shoulder injury that he never 100% came back from, even when he was our QB.

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe before he came to Auburn... he was most well known for having a shoulder injury that he never 100% came back from, even when he was our QB.

There are a few I get mixed up from back then. I'll see if I can figure out who I'm thinking of.

Edit: It was Brandon Cox that was a pitcher in HS.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

I want to see us play with fun and controlled anger.  Be the more physical team in every regard on every play.  No stupid penalties because of emotions.  Just play the next play good or bad.  Those will be key plays.

This

On 11/20/2017 at 10:43 PM, bigbird said:

...against bama this Saturday. List your plays.

I want to see the fake WR screen-n-go

walkthrough011609-1.jpg

We've set it up all year long. I'd love to see it the 1st play of the game.

Me like...me like!

Archived