2020 SDE Andy Boykin (Arkansas)

ellitor

I would not mind seeing a battle Royale between bowl cut and Garner...

That being said I don't think now is the time. I stand behind CRG. He's a man of his word. If this kid can't see it, he's probably a young man not ready for coach G.

Edited by Randman5000

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 DE Andy Boykin

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Looks like AU may becoming back around on this guy...

I really liked this kid, hope he comes around!

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 SDE Andy Boykin

I really hope we sign him. This will take some of the sting of losing out to the turds on Robinson and Kennedy. He will be a huge get no doubt.

47 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I really hope we sign him. This will take some of the sting of losing out to the turds on Robinson and Kennedy. He will be a huge get no doubt.

We already have those replaced with T. Simpson and C. Riley.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

We already have those replaced with T. Simpson and C. Riley.

Question....on a player to player comparison star rating

Simpson....9733 /4 star...  Riley.....8942 / 4 star

Robinson...8976 / 4 star... Kennedy 9629 / 4 star

pretty much an even trade as far as star rating factors go.. Not saying we went backwards, but we held our own with these recruitments.  Not a bad swap whatsoever!
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Question....on a player to player comparison star rating

Simpson....9733 /4 star...  Riley.....8942 / 4 star

Robinson...8976 / 4 star... Kennedy 9629 / 4 star

pretty much an even trade as far as star rating factors go.. Not saying we went backwards, but we held our own with these recruitments.  Not a bad swap whatsoever!

You have the wrong score for Robinson. His score is 97.04. Not an even trade ratings wise.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You have the wrong score for Robinson. His score is 97.04. Not an even trade ratings wise.

my bad!  Thanks for the correction. I like to get things right and appreciate this my friend!

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

my bad!  Thanks for the correction. I like to get things right and appreciate this my friend!

You're welcome!

• Like 1

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

de-committed from Auburn 10 months ago, but his interest in the Tigers remains.

In fact, the four-star defensive end from Troup (LaGrange, Ga.) has Auburn back in a familiar spot.

“Auburn is my clear leader right now,” Boykin said. “They are No. 1. Even after I de-committed, they stayed on me like I was still committed, like I was still family. That means a lot.”

So does his relationship with Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner. The two have developed a strong bond during Boykin’s recruitment.

“Coach Garner has been staying on me pretty hard, making sure I keep my grades up and my head on straight,” Boykin said. “Coach Garner knows about my area a lot because he recruits it. He knows a lot of recruits from this area don’t make it out, so he’s making sure I keep my head on straight. He wants me to be a good man and a good football player.”

Boykin has been a frequent visitor to Auburn over the past two years and made another trip earlier this month for Big Cat. Boykin spent more time with Garner during the visit.

“We bonded a lot,” Boykin said. “He told me that if I wanted to become a better man and a better football player, then come to Auburn. But wherever I go, he said me and him would still have a good relationship and he’d be a father figure for me.”

His relationship with Garner is a big reason Boykin has Auburn back on top. Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida round out Boykin’s top five.

“I visited Georgia Tech and I’ll go this summer to Tennessee, Bama and probably Florida,” Boykin said. “And I may go back to Tech, too.”

Boykin is taking his time making his second commitment. He wants it to be the last.

“I want to commit on our Senior Night when we play Cartersville (Nov. 8),” Boykin said. “But if I don’t do it then, I’ll probably just wait until Signing Day.”

Rivals rates Boykin, who is 6-foot-4 and 260 pounds, the No. 13 strongside end in the 2020 class and No. 31 overall player in Georgia.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

“We bonded a lot,” Boykin said. “He told me that if I wanted to become a better man and a better football player, then come to Auburn. But wherever I go, he said me and him would still have a good relationship and he’d be a father figure for me.”

I don't care if it results in more wins for us or not. This makes me so proud as an Auburn fan and I will forever admire Gus for building this kind of program. This isn't just some slogan. This is real. I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

His relationship with Garner is a big reason Boykin has Auburn back on top. Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida round out Boykin’s top five.

“I visited Georgia Tech and I’ll go this summer to Tennessee, Bama and probably Florida,” Boykin said. “And I may go back to Tech, too.”

Glad to see Tech making some recruiting waves.  Time for Tech to start making something of themselves.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Glad to see Tech making some recruiting waves.  Time for Tech to start making something of themselves.  

Johnson "retiring" was the best thing that could of happened to Tech.  Nobody wanted to play in that boring offense that dates back to the Civil War.  I 'm curious to see how Jamious Griffin pans out for them.  He has to be the highest rated recruit they've gotten in awhile. 

• Like 3

Just now, atl-tiger said:

Johnson "retiring" was the best thing that could of happened to Tech.  Nobody wanted to play in that boring offense that dates back to the Civil War.  I 'm curious to see how Jamious Griffin pans out for them.  He has to be the highest rated recruit they've gotten in awhile. 

Agreed. Never bought the Paul Johnson "thing". I mean, I guess at Tech if you can find a niche and a creative way to recruit around their admissions standards and win 8 games a year, that's not awful. But why put such a low ceiling on it? Why not be a team that can build and be a threat in the division every 4 years or so? Griffin, DeyDey Thomas, Calvin Johnson... hell, they crank out more NFL WRs than we do. And they don't necessarily have to play defense more than twice a year. 

18 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

IMO, it sounds like AB doesn't won't to deal with a coach that's as tough as CRG is.

Did you even read the article? 

You sure make some WtF comments, but this is about the worst you have ever done. 

Either you didnt read the article, or you have absolutely no reading comprehension.

This was just a very bad take.. Even by your standards.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:06 PM, auburn4ever said:

IMO, it sounds like AB doesn't won't to deal with a coach that's as tough as CRG is.

Image result for top notch gif

Edited by ALLINtheFamily
  • Love 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:06 PM, auburn4ever said:

I would think that AB would welcome coaching from CRG. He is one of the best of the best out there as far as DC's goes.

have seen very little of CRG, CKS, CMW and CWM, 

where are these guys - as we need defensive help too and they seem to off in never land, 

or is it just me? 

11 minutes ago, Roos said:

have seen very little of CRG, CKS, CMW and CWM, 

What do you mean you have seen very little of them? Unless you work in the athletic complex you aren't going to see them much.

13 minutes ago, Roos said:

as we need defensive help too and they seem to off in never land, 

or is it just me?  

It's just you. You know RG typically gets good booms late in the cycle. As for Crime Dog & Woodson they are working their asses off. May not see much results from high school DBs in this class as this is a weak DB class but they are working. Steele helps with all D recruiting as he has always done.

• Like 2

No I am never in the athletic complex, but I just have not heard their names very much was what I was saying, 

I know RG is a top recruiter and Woodson & McGriff aren't bad either but I thought they usually had 1 or 2 committed by know,

just concerned about the DL & CB's after a great June it would be nice to keep our momentum going, 

thanks 

3 minutes ago, Roos said:

I know RG is a top recruiter and Woodson & McGriff aren't bad either but I thought they usually had 1 or 2 committed by know,

They do but like I said this is a weak DB class. They may only take 1 high school CB & S & look to juco or grad transfer market to fill the rest of the needs.

5 minutes ago, Roos said:

just concerned about the DL

No need to yet. RG often runs late as has been documented many times.