Who will be this Iron Bowl's unlikely hero?

WFE12

I think a lot of guys will have a big day. I really think this being Tre Mathews last game at AU field will propel him to do good things. Look for him to be in the backfield on some blitzes as well as stacking up Harris and Scarbough in the gaps on run defense. Look for Chandler on the wheel route also. KJ has over 100 yards rushing and JS has over 200 in the air. At least 3 sacks 3 TFL and 2 turnovers for the defense. This game I hope will be one of Auburn folklore that I’ll tell my great grandkids about in the future . WDE

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Just don't pass it to him on a wheel route.  My heart can't take it.

Haha to be fair didn't he house a wheel route last weekend? His blocking is pretty bad but his quick burst will be needed this weekend.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Martin. 

I want that soooo bad. Use him for check downs like last game. Use him for outside runs, though bama is quick to close out on those he has the speed to get to the outside. He needs to be utilized. Too electric to sit on the bench.

6 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Nate Craig is going to have some catches in big moments.

NCM will make fantastic blocks and spring Stove loose for long gains

3 hours ago, CountStandya said:

Barrett....has speed and speed.

Was going to be my pick too, one area to attack this Bama D is in the flats with the swing pass. Texas AM had quite a bit of success doing it. 

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Just don't pass it to him on a wheel route.  My heart can't take it.

That one he dropped in the A-Day, not only could I have caught it, he'll I could have thrown it to him.

Chandler Cox. Four catches for 128 yards and 3 TD's. Five rushes for 90 yards and another TD. 17 crushing blocks. Beyond that, I got nuthin'.

I hope Auburn's head coach will be the hero. If it is 4th and one at midfield, Malzahn, trust your vaunted power rushing attack to make the 1st down. And trust your defense to cover your a$$ if the offense does not make it.

Most of those are not "unlikely heroes".  Media reports of staff recruiting an Aussie punter makes our walk-on have a monumental game against Bama. Now THAT's unlikely...but possible.

Ok guys, here’s the scenario: UAT has just tied it up late. They pooch it, and Ryan Davis scoops it up and takes it all the way back!

”THERE GOES DAVIS...AGAIN!”

Really, really hoping for a lot of Sensei Mud action, consistently and just when it's needed the most.

Archived