Chip Kelly to Florida?-Edit-UCLA takes him

SCBusPilot

If you had told me in 2008 that people would be turning down the Florida job...

This is why I’m not quiiiite sold on Dabo to UAT as some are.

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

Florida reportedly has told Chip 'thanks but no thanks'.  

Apparently there was an agreement in principle last Friday but part of the agreement was Kelly had the opportunity to talk to two other schools. WTH? SMH. Why would UF do that?  Anyway, he had a week to let UF know.  The week was up and they told him to take a hike. 

Maybe he wanted to see just how bad they wanted him and how much room they would give him. Seems like they (Florida) failed the test . 

11 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Maybe he wanted to see just how bad they wanted him and how much room they would give him. Seems like they (Florida) failed the test . 

Chip out window shopping......looking for a bargain....and UF maybe not wanting to feel like they were being jerked around. And of course the UF "offer" could be used to pressure some other schools (more preferred perhaps) to improve their offers.  What's been going on just sounds like hard ball negotiation to me.  

Hoped he would take the UF job but it was a big risk for him in my view.  

30 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Mark Richt and Jim McIlwain also say hi. 

SEC East or SEC West...very few coaches are going to make a career in the conference...JMO.

Still would liked to see a guy like Chip with his kind of past college performance see what could be done there.t

West coast seems to fit him better as does living in a larger city. I respect him for taking the job that he believes suits him better.

• stoic-one changed the title to Chip Kelly to Florida?-Edit-UCLA takes him

Instead of dilly-dilly, officials at UCLA are saying Kelly-Kelly. I've never understood that commercial or officials at UF allowing Kelly to job hunt he accepted the Gators job.

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Instead of dilly-dilly, officials at UCLA are saying Kelly-Kelly. I've never understood that commercial or officials at UF allowing Kelly to job hunt he accepted the Gators job.

UF is the same school that guaranteed money to muschamp even to take another job. Or something like that. 

I am not surprised by Kelly going to UCLA. The SEC kitchen can get pretty warm, just ask Urban Meyer. I think Kelly just opted for a softer market just like Urban did. JMO

WDE

1 hour ago, Slammer1 said:

I am not surprised by Kelly going to UCLA. The SEC kitchen can get pretty warm, just ask Urban Meyer. I think Kelly just opted for a softer market just like Urban did. JMO

WDE

Exactly! 

It would be great for college football if UCLA is relevant again. They have some sweet facilities in the works, a big deal with Under Armour, Southern California and fertile recruiting ground. Hope Chip can get them back to being a big time program.

Archived