Are the stars aligning?

JMassie11

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I legit don't care about playoffs. I want to beat Bama. And then get UGA again. 

I do prefer this over the playoffs.  After we beat them, then I will anticipate taking revenge on whoever is in the playoffs.  We are bound to have 1 to 3 teams we want another shot at.  

45 minutes ago, AURex said:

Last time Auburn beat Bama, it was the "kick six" game. If Auburn wins by a miracle or by a field goal or something, the 1-loss Bama will be in the playoff. To secure it's spot in the playoff, Auburn needs to beat Bama convincingly and then beat UGA again convincingly.

This committee favors conference championships very highly. If AU wins out, we are in. Period.

It's going to be the ACC champ, the SEC champ, Oklahoma and Wisky, barring  major upsets. USCe beating Clemson and then Clemson beating Miami could knock the ACC out. TCU beating Oklahoma in the Big 12 game could knock the Oakies out.

But none of that matters to Auburn. Win two and we are in, lose one of them and we are out. That's cut and dried.

Priority #1 - Beat bama!!!!

If we don’t get in, that’s on us. We gave the lsu game away.  If that didn’t happen, we wouldn’t be having this conversation!  Beat bama and let the chips fall where they may!  

13 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

We posters are not playing so can look ahead and I'm noticing today some media w/ votes and/or influential microphones like ESPN's Rece Davis and Fox Sports announcers are already backing off the notion of a 2 loss SEC champ Auburn in the playoff over either team in the ACC title game or "a second SEC team" (presumably Bama even if they lose to Auburn) or an Ohio State that wins out. Here we go again....

rat poison!

12 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The stars will have nothing to do with anything come Saturday afternoon.  That Kevin Steele defense is going to bring down hell on Jalen Hurts, the likes of which he's never dreamed of in his worst nightmare.  

Yep...Really need to take Jalen out his game. Am hoping we can do it.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

This committee favors conference championships very highly. If AU wins out, we are in. Period.

It's going to be the ACC champ, the SEC champ, Oklahoma and Wisky, barring  major upsets. USCe beating Clemson and then Clemson beating Miami could knock the ACC out. TCU beating Oklahoma in the Big 12 game could knock the Oakies out.

But none of that matters to Auburn. Win two and we are in, lose one of them and we are out. That's cut and dried.

You are 100% correct. It is up to Auburn to take care of itself. If we do, we are in, if we don't we are out. That simple.

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Same. I'm not a trash talker..sometimes I joke around a little. It would be glorious to win and listen to the silence.

It sure would be nice to silence them today. They do tend to tuck their tale and hide when it happens. Silence would be golden!

13 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Y'all have taught me all sorts of good things about POINT OF VIEW.

"...Davis graduated in 1988 from the University of Alabama, earning bachelor of arts degrees in both Broadcast News and Public Affairs..."

I went to HS with Rece. He was a nice, unremarkable guy. I can't remember him ever not wearing bammer gear to school. He does a great job of hiding it, but he is bammer to the core, and came of age in a HS that had, as best I recall, about 4 AU fans in around 550 total students, 9th-12th grade. Bammer players being "taken care of" was an accepted a fact of life. Everyone talked about it openly.  

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Priority #1 - Beat bama!!!!

If we don’t get in, that’s on us. We gave the lsu game away.  If that didn’t happen, we wouldn’t be having this conversation!  Beat bama and let the chips fall where they may!  

Would have been good to beat LSU but either way, I think we are in the same position....gotta beat bama and win the SEC to  make the playoff. No point in dwelling on the past.....the future is all that matters now

Gus passed his 1st game that presented him a huge opportunity to prove he can win a big game against a rival with flying colors a couple of weeks ago.  I hope that Gus shows up again today.

wde

15 hours ago, AUBwins said:

After we beat them, then I will anticipate taking revenge on whoever is in the playoffs.  We are bound to have 1 to 3 teams we want another shot at.  

Revenge?  Yes and my wish:

Bama gets in and the nation screams "Bias". 

We get into the playoffs by beating UGA TWICE. and face Clemson in round one.  Dispose of the "copy cats".

Bama loses BIG in round one so there is no more "benefit of the doubt" for them, for a long,  long time.

We play OU for the NC and embarrass them and their cocky QB.  I live in the OU region and see way too many OU folks

50 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Revenge?  Yes and my wish:

Bama gets in and the nation screams "Bias". 

We get into the playoffs by beating UGA TWICE. and face Clemson in round one.  Dispose of the "copy cats".

Bama loses BIG in round one so there is no more "benefit of the doubt" for them, for a long,  long time.

We play OU for the NC and embarrass them and their cocky QB.  I live in the OU region and see way too many OU folks

I would not be opposed to this at all

Archived