man i am so nervous

aubiefifty

I ran into a big sidewalk bammer today.  He is always a cocky guy talking about how great uat is and all that.  He actually admitted that he is nervous about this one.  He wasn't nearly his cocky self. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really sickened watching Cole Cubelic when he said there was a good chance Gus might go to Arkansas.  I know Cole is an Auburn man and is reporting what he thinks, but the timing is really crappy. He did say he thinks Auburn wins 27-21 of which made me feel a bit better.

I am not really nervous over the game and think we can take care of business. My only concern is if Gus drops the ball and coaches a really bad game in order to put himself in an easier position to leave for the manure laden pig sty called Arkansas. If this happens, I hope he is out the door before the Sunday paper hits the driveway. I want Gus to stay and take this program to the level it should be, but if he wants to leave then get the heck out of town asap.

If he leaves, please no Petrino. There are far too many really good young coaches out there that can get the job done and better than Gus in my opinion of Gus is not up to the task.  I would grab the Memphis coach as quickly as possible or Matt Campbell, or Justin Fuentes. I hope we win out and all of this will not matter whatsoever. However, we need to have a solid backup plan for getting the best coach out there.

If Gus goes to Arkansas, he will never be able to bring in the level of talent he has been able to land at Auburn, and will face years of 7-5 type seasons. Maybe 7-5 seasons are what will satisfy the pig nation but not the Auburn nation!

I get nervous about the officiating in games like this.  SEC officials are notoriously bias towards bammer.  It makes for a much steeper hill for Auburn.

I am pleased Auburn will have a team capable of going toe to toe with bamr. After suffering through the last 3 years. (Although I do get a bit nauseated when thinking of our Punt and Kick off units)

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Relax fellas, we will be fine. It will be a tough game, but we will be fine.

I like your confidence, wish I could feel the same.

2 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I get nervous about the officiating in games like this.  SEC officials are notoriously bias towards bammer.  It makes for a much steeper hill for Auburn.

This is so true. 

8 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Not in Auburn. I enjoy home cooking. Both teams might as well be on equal footing . Look for a clean called game

14 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I am pleased Auburn will have a team capable of going toe to toe with bamr. After suffering through the last 3 years. (Although I do get a bit nauseated when thinking of our Punt and Kick off units)

I agree. We may win or we may lose But at least I feel like we have the players to play with them this year. That is something we have not had for years. 

You guys that live in GA got yalls' shine and bragging rights earlier, we alabamians and especially those living in "bammerham" need ours. Tired of the cheeky, snide jokes and big brother antics. No way we lose with that homecrowd, this talent, and everything ahead of us. It is natural to think that Gus will go back to his idiotic ways but I'm willing to again have confidence in the team.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

"Reports" now that all three injured Bama LBs will play tomorrow 

Fake news. If a couple make the field, they will not be in game shape. Trollers gonna troll.

Bama will be a tough nut to crack, but as long as we contain Hurts and force him to beat us via air, we are going to win this thing convincingly. I feel very good about this game. 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

"Reports" now that all three injured Bama LBs will play tomorrow 

I swear I predicted this the other day.

No excuses, play like a champion. 

I don't honestly care who plays for them tomorrow or who doesn't.

Tomorrow is about Auburn. We Comin' regardless and they are going  to find out come game time.

WDE! 

40 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

they wouldbbe dumb to play them. no chance they are in game shape esp being in non contact at practice. just doing whatever they can to play games and get folks hyped up

They've probably been fine to play for weeks, but Saban has been saving them

up to play in this game   He knew he could win the past couple of games without them  

14 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I swear I predicted this the other day.

No excuses, play like a champion. 

Bet you someone else is nervous too...admit it or not.  Always fun to dig up a little somethin' somethin'...

Nick Saban admits that he'll never get over Auburn's Kick-Six

USATSI_9800345-718x490.jpg

"Alabama coach Nick Saban doesn’t have to deal with losses very often, but when he does, they’re usually in big games.

Earlier this week, Saban discussed last year’s last-second title game loss to Clemson, telling ESPN.com he puts it up there with a College Football Playoff semifinal loss to Ohio State and Auburn’s dramatic “Kick-Six” victory in 2013:

“I’ll never get over it because you never do with those kind of losses,” Saban told ESPN this week. “I never got over the returned field goal at Auburn. I never got over playing poorly against Ohio State and losing that game late. And then in this game, we didn’t play very well, and Clemson did when they had to. That’s what eats at you. We didn’t play that great against Washington, either (in a 24-7 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl win) in the semifinal.

“Something happened to our team from the SEC championship game to the playoff. You look at the Clemson game, and our really good players didn’t play very well. But Clemson was a damn good team. They were the best team we played against with the best quarterback, and where we needed to play well, we didn’t.”

Since taking over the Alabama program in 2007, Saban has a record of 114-19, with six of those losses coming in his first year in Tuscaloosa.

With five national championships — four of which have been with the Crimson Tide — Saban has a lot to be proud of, but it’s clear those devastating losses stick with him.

Even if the Crimson Tide go undefeated and win the national championship each of the next three seasons, Saban will likely still be talking about the Kick-Six and what Alabama could have done better in last year’s championship game.

Of course, if a team is able to hand Alabama another brutal loss in 2017, that will likely take over Saban’s mind and drive him toward madness (or retirement, whichever comes first).

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-admits-hell-never-get-auburns-kick-six/

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am a big boy and can lose with grace but losing to them just kills my soul. and i am an old hippie, might not drink a whole lot but i might smoke one if i got one   lol. and not sure about my big boy pants BIRD but i got my big boy depends ready.......snickers......

:o

It is a game.  Remember that. That's all you have to do. I want to win. If we don't, I won't lose sleep over it. Do your best and if they are better, there is nothing you can do. I'm going to enjoy it. 

Gus has been awful against defenses that pruitt was the DC of. His best showing against him was the natty game in 2013. All downhill vs him after that game. Gus needs to re write that script today.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus has been awful against defenses that pruitt was the DC of. His best showing against him was the natty game in 2013. All downhill vs him after that game. Gus needs to re write that script today.

With JJ6 and a broken Sean White.  If he holds us to 20 or under I’ll say he’s got a bead on Gus.

I am surprisingly calm.  I am cautiously optimistic that the team Gus put on the field a couple of weeks ago against UGA will make a reappearance.

wde

9 hours ago, doc4aday said:

. My only concern is if Gus drops the ball and coaches a really bad game in order to put himself in an easier position to leave for the manure laden pig sty called Arkansas..

No coach worth his salt would ever intentionally lose a game.  Besides, it wouldn’t make sense from a bargaining standpoint.  Gus (or Jimmy Sexton) is in a much better bargaining position, if we win.

Archived