man i am so nervous

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

With JJ6 and a broken Sean White.  If he holds us to 20 or under I’ll say he’s got a bead on Gus.

Could be...but I think the plays are there.....the players need to execute.  

Actually I worry more about Gus trying to get too cute with some of the play calling than too vanilla.     As several have noted recently,  the team has been putting up plenty of points this season and should mostly stick to what got them to where they are today. ...  JMO

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus always seems to have something up his sleeve when he has a credible team against Bama. I am expecting nothing less.

7 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

It is a game.  Remember that. That's all you have to do. I want to win. If we don't, I won't lose sleep over it. Do your best and if they are better, there is nothing you can do. I'm going to enjoy it. 

no disrespect at all but bama is never just a game to me. i grew up hating bama because of their classlessness and never giving the credit auburn deserves when we win.

The key to victory will be containing Hurts running on 3rd downs and getting the defense off the field.  

9 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

It is a game.  Remember that. That's all you have to do. I want to win. If we don't, I won't lose sleep over it. Do your best and if they are better, there is nothing you can do. I'm going to enjoy it. 

This is the perspective I WANT to have...but the culmination of everything since 2010 is so far under my skin that I am over-the-top emotionally invested. I will do my part from the Auburn Arena,  Charmin in close proximity, and do my best to fly like an eagle, no matter what the results. I believe!! Isaiah 40:31, prayers and peace for the Tigers.

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

My only concern is if Gus drops the ball and coaches a really bad game in order to put himself in an easier position to leave for the manure laden pig sty called Arkansas.

really? do you really think gus is going to throw a game to go to arkie? i know i put my foot in my mouth a lot but this one is pretty bad doc. GUS will never betray his players and he certainly does not need to do anything shady to go to arkie if he so chooses....kinda shocked hee.

I feel like our fanbase is a little overconfident, which only hurts the fanbase, not the team. OK, maybe more than a little overconfident. The team will be ready to play, Gus's teams always have been, even in losing efforts. The only thing I am skeered of today is what our fanbase will do to itself if we come up short. I don't think there will be shootings, teabaggings and trailer park beatings like there will be if we win, but we might leave some emotional scars on each other that could last a while.

Staring into the teeth of what could become a very bad basketball situation, with a new president who isn't yet a part of the family, we NEED this win to bring the family together and kill the Gus rumors. If we win out from here, that will salve a lot of basketball wounds next year, but the keystone is today. WAR EAGLE. 

22 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I feel like our fanbase is a little overconfident, which only hurts the fanbase, not the team. OK, maybe more than a little overconfident. The team will be ready to play, Gus's teams always have been, even in losing efforts. The only thing I am skeered of today is what our fanbase will do to itself if we come up short. I don't think there will be shootings, teabaggings and trailer park beatings like there will be if we win, but we might leave some emotional scars on each other that could last a while.

Staring into the teeth of what could become a very bad basketball situation, with a new president who isn't yet a part of the family, we NEED this win to bring the family together and kill the Gus rumors. If we win out from here, that will salve a lot of basketball wounds next year, but the keystone is today. WAR EAGLE. 

i was browsing through the rant and on the bama team page under injuries they posted a page or two of comments from au family and then called us one of the most arrogant boards ever or something real close to that.........

31 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I got most of my emotional investment out of the way when we beat Georgia. Today would be icing on the cake. If we win, I'll be pumped. If not, oh well, better luck next year. It is what it is and I'm not going to lose my mind over it unless something egregious happens and I get bent out of shape. At any rate, it's not the end of the world, win or lose. 

Of course I hope we win, but I'm not nervous at all. We'll see what happens but I expect a good game.

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was browsing through the rant and on the bama team page under injuries they posted a page or two of comments from au family and then called us one of the most arrogant boards ever or something real close to that.........

Pot meet kettle.  Their definition of arrogant is anything short of a rival's laying over, playing dead, or imitating Wayne and Garth's "We're not worthy!"

Image result for pot meet kettle

15 hours ago, 1856 said:

They've probably been fine to play for weeks, but Saban has been saving them

up to play in this game   He knew he could win the past couple of games without them  

they've struggled by bama standards on d and needed a miricle late td to beat miss state. So saban decided not only to not play some great players, but not have them practice until recently with non contact jerseys just to get in Gus head? and then also they will magically be in game day shape with no drop off for the iron bowl.  man we need someone that good at auburn 

Nervous, nervous, nervous.  I have a longstanding personal rule of no beer before 5:30PM.

I may have to make an exception.  I'm really nervous.

I wouldn't be so nervous, except I actually expect us to win.  I've already put my money where my mouth is.

We're gonna win.  But I'm nervous.

Ok before I was like c'mon the time needs come on by and now I'm like where has the time gone....Nervous as heck.

11 hours ago, triangletiger said:

No coach worth his salt would ever intentionally lose a game.  Besides, it wouldn’t make sense from a bargaining standpoint.  Gus (or Jimmy Sexton) is in a much better bargaining position, if we win.

Now that we have won the IB, we need to do whatever is necessary to keep Gus in the stable. Whatever Arkansas offers, we need to trump that enough to keep the pigs out of our golden stables.

19 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Now that we have won the IB, we need to do whatever is necessary to keep Gus in the stable. Whatever Arkansas offers, we need to trump that enough to keep the pigs out of our golden stables.

That should not be a problem.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

That should not be a problem.

I wonder now with us winning the IB, those at Ark who wants Gus will now look elsewhere. Gus has a lot on his plate now to get this team ready to win the SEC and enter the playoffs. Since the Lsu game, Gus has coached better than at any point in his career including 2013.

Archived