2019 4* OLB Mohamoud Diabate (Florida)

CR

Does anyone know if AU is recruiting this LB from Auburn High School? He's quite a player and I havn't heard him mentioned much with AU. Just curious. Thanks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CR said:

Does anyone know if AU is recruiting this LB from Auburn High School? He's quite a player and I havn't heard him mentioned much with AU. Just curious. Thanks.

Yes but he's in the 2019 class & there's not a lot of pub for most 2019 prospects yet.

• 8 months later...

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

AU making up ground here. The light to him ending up in the class can be seen now.

We need an “Well that’s interesting” emoji or one that’s says “Hhhmm”.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

AU making up ground here. The light to him ending up in the class can be seen now.

Hope this happens. I still don't get the slow play here but this guy is a player and a great kid. 

11 minutes ago, CR said:

I still don't get the slow play here

Agreed. My personal opinion is to give an early contingent offer to any kid in your local area that there might be the slightest idea you may want him at some point.

Just think. If MD hadn't camped at LB for us in June we wouldn't have offered. He mainly plays DE for AHS & was not offered there by AU.

A different perspective and as someone who grew up in Auburn.  The thought of going away to school is really the initial desire. No reason to recruit a kid who wants to leave, atleast not early in the process.  

Give him the space to explore a world outside of AU,  then have him feel the love late,. And fall back in love with Auburn as I did.

Auburn High kids usually want to experience something different. Auburn is all around them all the time and the thought of going out of town for college is a real draw.

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Auburn High kids usually want to experience something different. Auburn is all around them all the time and the thought of going out of town for college is a real draw.

I wonder if the kids from Tuscaloosa, Athens, Norman. Austin, Norman, Baton Rouge, Columbus,  Ann Arbor.......etc feel the same way about the towns they are from? :dunno:

57 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

I wonder if the kids from Tuscaloosa, Athens, Norman. Austin, Norman, Baton Rouge, Columbus,  Ann Arbor.......etc feel the same way about the towns they are from? :dunno:

I think they do, by and large. Disclaimer: I haven't looked into it deep enough to bother counting noses.

1 hour ago, WaynesAUworld said:

AU leads for this kid FWIW. 

10 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Maybe but MD was really hurt for a while we were so late to offer related to a number of other teams.

59 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU leads for this kid FWIW. 

Good.  We need some length at the linebacker spot.  T-Wills linebacker recruiting is like Bowdens running back recruiting.  Talented players but the little man syndrome.

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Good.  We need some length at the linebacker spot.  T-Wills linebacker recruiting is like Bowdens running back recruiting.  Talented players but the little man syndrome.

AU wants him at the Buck position. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I thought Hall was the Buck we wanted and MD was able to show he could play in space as a real linebacker at camp and was the reason for the offer.  

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Weird. He has said OLB in interviews.

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I thought Hall was the Buck we wanted and MD was able to show he could play in space as a real linebacker at camp and was the reason for the offer.  

Hall & Wooden at the Buck with Wooden potentially growing into a SDE.

Archived