I'm saying it now

doverstutts

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Random question - I totally believe LSU did that, BUT did the announcement of JJ leaving assist with that as well? 

no.   The entire fan base and country pointing out that he lost the game and not the players or other coaches did it.  If he followed what he was told the path would be a perfect record right now

11 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Actually- he "gussed it up" pretty good tonight a couple times. If we would've lost some of us would've piled on. Not tonight though! Atta boy Gus. Feed me my Crowe now!

One of the calls you could say that about was the QB draw. It worked fabulously the first time he called it. You probably didn't even notice it the second time because it got stuffed at the LOS and we punted. The thing is, that one time it worked was one of the key plays in the game. Gotta let Gus be Gus some of the time.......

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Yeah, Gus seems to have learned a valuable lesson against LSU.  He has opened up the offense and hasn't backed off in the 2nd half in any game since.  He has also started using the middle of the field more, and that has opened up the passing game a little more, especially on 3rd downs. 

That is Chip and we are finally seeing Chip's offense

I was right there with you. Gus deserved every single bit of harsh criticism that was lobbed his way after that debacle in Death Valley. We were watching that game at a beachfront condo in Orange Beach and I had to leave to go walk for fear I'd get us kicked out.  That loss was squarely on his shoulders and we all could see why it happened.

The key was going to be how he responded.  What did Gus learn.

For a brief moment I started worrying during the TAM game that history was going to repeat itself, but those fears were quickly vanquished and Gus has been on full throttle ever since (well, maybe not the entire first half of the ULM game). How he's responded since that loss has won me over.

I was in Chicago for the Clemson game. Nosa Eguae was there. He said then that Auburn's D was for real and he was adamant that Auburn would win the SEC.  Great guy, and absolutely loves Auburn. So does Justin Garrett, who was also present. 

I admit I wasn't sure about that after the game, and we haven't won the SEC at this point, but we have won the West and are one step closer. 

I stuck with Gus -- as long as he was letting CCL call the offense. But after halftime, when Gus said we gotta run the ball in the second half, run the ball, my heart sank. I was afraid he was taking over the reins and wanted to go conservative, the way he did at LSU, and just "hang on" for the remainder. Sure glad that didn't happen.

18 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Random question - I totally believe LSU did that, BUT did the announcement of JJ leaving assist with that as well? 

I can't answer that even if I know. It didn't hurt is all I will say. 

Archived