Alabama Game Report Card

StatTiger

Stat, the last play of the game was nullified because of a penalty.  There was an Illegal Forward pass on hurts.  Flag was thrown.  That play technically never happened.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Stat, the last play of the game was nullified because of a penalty.  There was an Illegal Forward pass on hurts.  Flag was thrown.  That play technically never happened.

Pretty sure it was declined.

6 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

It did count. Cam Sims is credited for a 65-yard gain.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

Too bad....that juiced up their stats.....and at worst was a non-play and otherwise a meaningless play since the game was over when the guy hit the ground. ...basically a stat builder for bama and Hurts....making the game look closer than it was. 

Despite the passing grade on special teams, I think Fountain needs to go. If not for Carlson, our ST would have been a dumpster fire this year.

EDIT: Horton. Not Fountain.

Edited by caleb1633

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Despite the passing grade on special teams, I think Fountain needs to go. If not for Carlson, our ST would have been a dumpster fire this year.

Fountain is already gone. Analyst at Georgia. Horton is the special teams coach, at least on paper.

Just now, aufan57 said:

Fountain is already gone. Analyst at Georgia. Horton is the special teams coach, at least on paper.

Oops. I'll fix that. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

From the game log:

U 1-10 U32   ALABAMA drive start at 00:08.
  U 1-10 U32   Jalen Hurts rush for 2 yards to the UA34, PENALTY UA illegal forward pass
               (Jalen Hurts) 5 yards to the UA29.
  U 2-13 U29   End of game, clock 00:00.
--------------- 1 plays, minus 3 yards, TOP 00:08 ---------------
Receiving             No.  Yds   TD Long
----------------------------------------
Calvin Ridley           3   38    0   26
Damien Harris           2   20    0   12
Josh Jacobs             2    6    0    6
Bo Scarbrough           2    6    0    4
Jerry Jeudy             1   36    1   36
Robert Foster           1    3    0    3
Irv Smith Jr.           1    3    0    3
A. Pappanastos          1   -9    0    0
Totals...              13  103    1   36

4 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Oops. I'll fix that. Thank you!

Don't get rid of Horton completely. Need a special teams coach as the 10th on field coach

17 minutes ago, AubieRick said:

From the game log:

U 1-10 U32   ALABAMA drive start at 00:08.
  U 1-10 U32   Jalen Hurts rush for 2 yards to the UA34, PENALTY UA illegal forward pass
               (Jalen Hurts) 5 yards to the UA29.
  U 2-13 U29   End of game, clock 00:00.
--------------- 1 plays, minus 3 yards, TOP 00:08 ---------------

Receiving             No.  Yds   TD Long
----------------------------------------
Calvin Ridley           3   38    0   26
Damien Harris           2   20    0   12
Josh Jacobs             2    6    0    6
Bo Scarbrough           2    6    0    4
Jerry Jeudy             1   36    1   36
Robert Foster           1    3    0    3
Irv Smith Jr.           1    3    0    3
A. Pappanastos          1   -9    0    0
Totals...              13  103    1   36

OK...Gametracker still had that play in their stats earlier this evening....was about 40% of Hurts passing yards.

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic
3 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

At the time of my report, they still had the play listed in the final stats. I was not going to change my post until they edited their official game stats.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

At the time of my report, they still had the play listed in the final stats. I was not going to change my post until they edited their official game stats.

I've checked several places including the official NCAA stats and it still seems to be in flux.  As of now the NCAA link still shows Sims with that final 65 yard reception. So who knows? Not me. :)

http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fbs/2017/11/25/alabama-auburn/boxscore

Stat, our 1st TD Drive was a 94 yd scoring Drive.  Nobody in their right might would have expected that.   

Then, at the 6 min mark, before Kerryon went out,  we were running the ball to get AL to use their TO’s.   But make no mistake we were about to run it down there throat.   Been a long time since I have seen us be so physical.  

Edited by lala
  • Like 1

Bama averaged 7.2 yards on first down? That stat sticks out to me. Usually if you give up that much on first down you lose. 

14 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Bama averaged 7.2 yards on first down? That stat sticks out to me. Usually if you give up that much on first down you lose. 

ua only had 19 first downs, and one of them was a 65 yard pass on the last play of the game that should not have counted. They had some success on 1st down, but I don’t think that number gives an accurate picture. I prefer the “didn’t covert on 3rd down until the fourth quarter” number :-)

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

ua only had 19 first downs, and one of them was a 65 yard pass on the last play of the game that should not have counted. They had some success on 1st down, but I don’t think that number gives an accurate picture. I prefer the “didn’t covert on 3rd down until the fourth quarter” number :-)

If that included the last play of the game then it was really under 6 yards. That play was garbage and was illegal on top of it.

Also ... isn’t there a 10 second run off on an offensive penalty at the end of the game? Or so that pros?

bottom line - I don’t want those b@st@rds to have any extra stats.  One of the reasons I’m miffed about that bad snap they reviewed the 12 men on the field and replayed.

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 1