Getting this off my chest

abw0004

I just had to get this off my chest as I have been carrying it with me since the LSU game: Now you guys understand why I have been in Gus Malzahn's corner since day one and never waivered.

But that was not the main reason for this post.  Most of this season some of you have been downright rude to the few posters who disagreed with you and backed Gus.  I am not talking about those who argued with me or the other few Gus-backers, but those who thought it was a good idea to throw homophobic slurs, sexist slurs, and other derogatory names at us.  The funny thing is those same people are praising Gus right now.  Some of you were the reason we did not hear from lionheartkc and austudnt23 for months, two of the most respected posters on this forum.

Im not looking for an appology or anything, just for you to consider this moment when we go through adversity again.  Tomorrow I will post my traditional "My thoughts from inside the stadium," like this thread never happened.

But I will say, I told you so.  :jossun:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you are one of my favorite posters -  probably because we were the last two on the bus. ??? 

With all the negativity on this board, sometimes a little sunshine is always needed. 

I have missed some of the respected posters as well and look forward to your  recap! 

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am not talking about those who argued with me or the other few Gus-backers, but those who thought it was a good idea to throw homophobic slurs, sexist slurs, and other derogatory names at us.

I don’t know what posts you are talking about but did this post really need to come out today? 

I am aware that you are the same person that gloated that other Auburn fans aren’t as loyal as you and the others probably took offense to that. 

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know what posts you are talking about but did this post really need to come out today? 

I am aware that you are the same person that gloated that other Auburn fans aren’t as loyal as you and the others probably took offense to that. 

I believe he is getting a slight case of warblogle syndrome.  Where you constantly brag and boast that you are the best fan ever and in return come off as a complete ass

Pretty sure I've been on the bus the whole time, along with a few others. Did I have my doubts? Yes, but my main beef is that these coaches and players, especially, deserve our respect for their hard work, even if it isn't 100% successful. I did not even get on the board for almost a week after the LSU game because my heart could not take the nastiness that I was sure was there. Sunshine pumper, because that's just who I am. :jossun:

P.S. I don't think it is gloating.  I think it is time for self reflection. If you are going to win with grace, you gotta try to lose with grace. Love all of you, though, because we are like a family with different personalities.  War Eagle!!!

24 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I just had to get this off my chest as I have been carrying it with me since the LSU game: Now you guys understand why I have been in Gus Malzahn's corner since day one and never waivered.

But that was not the main reason for this post.  Most of this season some of you have been downright rude to the few posters who disagreed with you and backed Gus.  I am not talking about those who argued with me or the other few Gus-backers, but those who thought it was a good idea to throw homophobic slurs, sexist slurs, and other derogatory names at us.  The funny thing is those same people are praising Gus right now.  Some of you were the reason we did not hear from lionheartkc and austudnt23 for months, two of the most respected posters on this forum.

Im not looking for an appology or anything, just for you to consider this moment when we go through adversity again.  Tomorrow I will post my traditional "My thoughts from inside the stadium," like this thread never happened.

I will admit that i the end you  were right about Gus and I was wrong.  Gus was high risk high reward.  If he quit being stubborn he would be great.  After LSU, many including myself doubled down that Gus would not change.  He did.  I am happy. Gus is happy too. 

Gus wants to win more than he wants to be an the "Offensive Genius" 

As far as the future?  I will put up with 8-5, 7-6, 8-5 if every fourth year Gus can deliver a season like 2013, 2017. 

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

At the end of the day 99% (because I swear there are legit trolls on here) want what’s best for AU. Everyone just expresses that differently. 

I hope a few more commits roll in this week! 

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The mods had to take down the posts that I was referring to.  And this thread was not directed at you either.  You simply disagreed with me, which was fine and a good conversation was had of it. 

15 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I believe he is getting a slight case of warblogle syndrome.  Where you constantly brag and boast that you are the best fan ever and in return come off as a complete ass

I would love for you to point out where I "constantly" keep bragging and boasting.  I even welcome you to look at my post history on my profile to make it easier for you. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

The mods had to take down the posts that I was referring to.  And this thread was not directed at you either.  You simply disagreed with me, which was fine and a good conversation was had of it. 

I would love for you to point out where I keep bragging and boasting.  

I said a slight case, but really I just wanted to use my warblogle syndrome line......no harm intended, just trying to be a bit funny.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I said a slight case, but really I just wanted to use my warblogle syndrome line......no harm intended, just trying to be a bit funny.

Ah okay.  At first I was like "I thought he/she and I were on good terms?  We even liked each other's stuff."  All good my friend.  

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Ah okay.  At first I was like "I thought he/she and I were on good terms?  We even liked each other's stuff."  All good my friend.  

Let’s just celebrate the win. Gus’s head was called for mainly in week 2 and after the LSU game. It’s a catch 22 because we knew we had the talent to dominate Bama and UGA so the fanbase wasn’t being unreasonable demanding changes. At the same time, we had to remember that Gus got us the talent to put us in that position and was running a clean program. With that said, on October 30th, after the Arkansas win, I said firing Gus felt forced but if we may do so, we needed to do it quickly because I knew a bunch of jobs would be coming open quickly.   Most fans are that way. Most are not going to assault your integrity, or your loyalty. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Let’s just celebrate the win. Gus’s head was called for mainly in week 2 and after the LSU game. It’s a catch 22 because we knew we had the talent to dominate Bama and UGA so the fanbase wasn’t being unreasonable demanding changes. At the same time, we had to remember that Gus got us the talent to put us in that position and was running a clean program. With that said, on October 30th, after the Arkansas win, I said firing Gus felt forced but if we may do so, we needed to do it quickly because I knew a bunch of jobs would be coming open quickly.   Most fans are that way. Most are not going to assault your integrity, or your loyalty. 

You made good points too, as did @DAG when we had our conversations.  I admitted that serveral times.  A few times at the end of those conversations I told you I was on your side as you convinced me.  The reason why I posted it now, if you recall that thread I made right after LSU, I got absolutely trashed on it.  I did not have a rebuttal to any of it, with the exception of those really nasty posts where the mods had to come in and delete them and put those guys on a break.  I instead held my tongue and decided to wait to see how we did.  I also wanted to do it today so it wouldn't take away from my traditional home game Monday thread "My thoughts from inside the stadium."

You do bring a good perspective, which is why I never understood why you took your hiatus.  

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You do bring a good perspective, which is why I never understood why you took your hiatus.  

It’s because I was trying to teach a pig how to sing. It made me frustrated, and it frustrated the pig. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s because I was trying to teach a pig how to sing. It made me frustrated, and it frustrated the pig. 

But that was the prettiest pig you had ever seen!  :Sing:

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

I will admit that i the end you  were right about Gus and I was wrong.  Gus was high risk high reward.  If he quit being stubborn he would be great.  After LSU, many including myself doubled down that Gus would not change.  He did.  I am happy. Gus is happy too. 

Gus wants to win more than he wants to be an the "Offensive Genius" 

As far as the future?  I will put up with 8-5, 7-6, 8-5 if every fourth year Gus can deliver a season like 2013, 2017. 

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Gus changed? :headscratch:

I think Chip is calling plays of superior design, but I don't think 'Gus has changed'.

Consider:

1) 14 runs on 17 first downs in the 2nd half.

2) 13 consecutive 1st down run plays. 

3) Tapping one back to run 12 of those 14 1st down run plays.

That looks like LSU game 'lead-squatting' type coaching to me. In all I'm very glad we're running Chip's plays and KJ is impervious to injury.

What a joke of a thread. Don't be that drama queen guy. Lol. Let's celebrate and move on. Gus crapped the bed for a long time before he righted the ship. His criticisms were mostly justified. 

Very few wanted Gus to fail and like myself are extremely happy for him and AU that he turned the corner, it seems. Don't try to interject yoirself as some key part of this situation, it is ridiculous. 23 and this lionheart need thicker skin if they want to be regular posters here. I respect 23 and what he brings, usually skimmed pat the other guys posts. 

25 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I think Chip is calling plays of superior design, but I don't think 'Gus has changed'.

Consider:

That looks like LSU game 'lead-squatting' type coaching to me. In all I'm very glad we're running Chip's plays and KJ is impervious to injury.

I am trying to be optimistic!  But yeah, that did happen.  We will see what the future holds.   Also Gus has never developed a high school qb, but we won.  I can only hope Gus will be putting more trust an responsibility in Chip.

i have always been a Gus fan. The Clemson loss didn't change that. The LSU loss had me straddling the fence for a couple weeks but i never called for his firing. I do not understand how a lot of people here who flat out been hating on Gus for 3 years can actually enjoy this success? You all know who I'm talking about, no name calling needed. I would be ashamed if i had been that critical and arrogant AND NOW WRONG..... Those are the folks who should take a break like 23 did.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I have been mostly on the Gus bus, but jumped off after LSU. I take great pride though, in knowing I never name call or denigrate others who may disagree with me in person or on a message board. Civility should always be followed, especially among Auburn folks. 

7 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I am trying to be optimistic!  But yeah, that did happen.  We will see what the future holds.   Also Gus has never developed a high school qb, but we won.  I can only hope Gus will be putting more trust an responsibility in Chip.

I hear you and agree.  More Chip = better offense.

30 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Consider:

At first I was annoyed by the second half game plan, but the I realized it was brilliant. We learned that the refs were going to let Bama's secondary interfere with our receivers on the long ball, so we weren't going to make a bunch of quick strikes, and we were going to have to play through holds which could hurt us at any time. So we played to win time of possession, knowing our O was powerful enough to get us 3 points every drive. The key was to require our D to make the minimum number stops. So we played the clock on first down, and sometimes second, and then emptied the playbook when we needed to move the sticks.

We have some fans who act like bammer’s. When things are good they can’t take a criticism about the team. When things are bad you can’t say good about the team without being heckled. It is what it is. No need for people to be rude, but it’s a forum and expected. 

I personally always liked Gus but at times have wanted a premature coaching change. We say things out of frustration, but all we want is Auburn to win. With that said let’s win Saturday and keep folks on the Gus bus, and keep posters out of hiding.

After Auburn beats Georgia, Clemson, and Oklahoma over the next month Jay Jacobs last act will be backing the brinks truck up to Gus’s bank of choice and start dumping the $$$

Archived