Getting this off my chest

abw0004

Entire team.  Gus included deserve Kudos getting off the mat after LSU.  For those angry about the LSU loss was clearly right for being disappointed but the constant complaints about things like injured QBs Gus had no control over that cost the team games.

but let’s re-unite and be the family again and go win 3 more games this season.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, corchjay said:

Entire team.  Gus included deserve Kudos getting off the mat after LSU.  For those angry about the LSU loss was clearly right for being disappointed but the constant complaints about things like injured QBs Gus had no control over that cost the team games.

but let’s re-unite and be the family again and go win 3 more games this season.  

Re-unite? I never un- united but(myself and others, mostly others) were heavily criticized for our  thoughts. I will not let the offenders forget it. They really don't deserve enjoy this.

Just now, alexava said:

Re-unite? I never un- united but(myself and others, mostly others) were heavily criticized for our  thoughts. I will not let the offenders forget it. They really don't deserve enjoy this.

Trust me I was attacked to but let bygones be bygones.  It was mostly youngins and we have to understand a different mindset.  I was very frustrated after LSU... and I mean very frustrated!!  

But different personalities make this a good board.  

Now it’s time to move forward we still have bigger games to go.  We’ve only beat our rivals and with good teams I want to beat our rivals and win championships 

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At first I was annoyed by the second half game plan, but the I realized it was brilliant. We learned that the refs were going to let Bama's secondary interfere with our receivers on the long ball, so we weren't going to make a bunch of quick strikes, and we were going to have to play through holds which could hurt us at any time. So we played to win time of possession, knowing our O was powerful enough to get us 3 points every drive. The key was to require our D to make the minimum number stops. So we played the clock on first down, and sometimes second, and then emptied the playbook when we needed to move the sticks.

I get the clock management. 

I also saw bama loading the box, thus preventing us from making yards on first and second downs.  It all looked very 'LSU-gamish' to me.  You're saying that was the plan?

Gus lead-squatted against LSU and lost.  That was bad.  He squats against bama and now it's brilliant?  If Gus wanted to squat 2 plays and trickerate a 1st, you'd think he'd give his best back some rest and instruct his QB to snap the ball with fewer than 5 seconds left on the play clock...

More Chip, please!

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Trust me I was attacked to but let bygones be bygones.  It was mostly youngins and we have to understand a different mindset.  I was very frustrated after LSU... and I mean very frustrated!!  

But different personalities make this a good board.  

Now it’s time to move forward we still have bigger games to go.  We’ve only beat our rivals and with good teams I want to beat our rivals and win championships 

I remember your frustration. it wasn't much different than mine. i will move foward but at times will remind those who that don't deserve this. the unflattering pictures and videos.......

54 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

What a joke of a thread. Don't be that drama queen guy. Lol. Let's celebrate and move on. Gus crapped the bed for a long time before he righted the ship. His criticisms were mostly justified. 

Very few wanted Gus to fail and like myself are extremely happy for him and AU that he turned the corner, it seems. Don't try to interject yoirself as some key part of this situation, it is ridiculous. 23 and this lionheart need thicker skin if they want to be regular posters here. I respect 23 and what he brings, usually skimmed pat the other guys posts. 

I'm not sure you actually read the context of the thread or know who lionheartkc or austudnt23 are.  Lionheartkc has been a regular poster longer than you have so I don't know why you are going after them.  

If you actually read the thread, this was directed at the posters who were downright appalling in how they treated others on this forum that supported Gus during the hard times.  

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I also saw bama loading the box, thus preventing us from making yards on first and second downs.  It all looked very 'LSU-gamish' to me.  You're saying that was the plan?

Gus lead-squatted against LSU and lost.  That was bad.  He squats against bama and now it's brilliant?  If Gus wanted to squat 2 plays and trickerate a 1st, you'd think he'd give his best back some rest and instruct his QB to snap the ball with fewer than 5 seconds left on the play clock...

More Chip, please!

Yes, I'm saying that was the plan. We never got less than 2-3 yards on first until the final drive with Martin, and several time Kerryon got 5-6. We also knew they couldn't stop us from at least getting in field goal range. If we played wide open like the first scoring drive, we'd keep giving them the ball back and risk another hold on every play drive. We had to maximize the number of rushing plays per drive to run the clock.

This was nothing like LSU. Unlike LSU there was a plan to move the sticks and an urgency to score on every drive. Also, unlike LSU the plan was to help the D, not to rely on it.

Finally, get over the "who's calling the plays" thing. That whole conversation has been BS from the beginning and now it's just sad.

18 minutes ago, AURealist said:

More Chip, please!

If I may throw my hat into the ring.  The way I looked at it was all of the momentum was on our side.  Alabama was making mistakes all over the place, so if simply running it would win us the game, then let's not fix was isn't broken.  The key to that sentence is we need to keep some plays in the book for UGA, especially if KJ is a no-go.  We did this for the last UGA game and we were able to break out the KJ pop-pass for a touchdown that Alabama was not ready for.

19 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I'm not sure you actually read the context of the thread or know who lionheartkc or austudnt23 are.  Lionheartkc has been a regular poster longer than you have so I don't know why you are going after them.  

If you actually read the thread, this was directed at the posters who were downright appalling in how they treated others on this forum that supported Gus during the hard times.  

It is an unneccessary post in my book for the reasons stated. I know very well who 23 and lh are and I wasn't going after them in any way. Just saying that with trolls and vicious fans a talk board can be very harsh at times. If you want to stand up and state opinions, you have to be able to deal with the down side of that, or else you'll ended up leaving for a while or permanently like they did. 

Nothing about this thread will keep the exact same things or worse from happening when the program is not performing up to expectations. I wish you could flip a switch and banish trolls and hateful people, but you can't. 

I’ve been on the Gus bus from day one, and I’ll be there through good and great, not good and bad. I love the way he holds his team together in tough times and does his best to run a clean program. I can handle some “growing pains “ to keep a coach like him and his staff at my alma mata, “The” university of Alabama , Auburn University!!! War Eagle ? 

For the record, since my name was brought into the main argument, I took a leave of absence not because I was being attacked... I wasn't. I took a leave of absence because I didn't need the massive, often unsubstantiated negativity in my life. There area lot of people here who go negative at the drop of a hat and run with every crackpot theory that someone come's up with and preach it as truth. There is no point in me trying to explain things to those types of people, and no reason for me to read about the sky falling when I can focus on the positives elsewhere.

I honestly decided to call it a day when Bird and Loof went anti-Gus. I felt that if I disagreed with them, I was too far outside of the overall thinking around here to be of any value.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

For the record, since my name was brought into the main argument, I took a leave of absence not because I was being attacked... I wasn't. I took a leave of absence because I didn't need the massive, often unsubstantiated negativity in my life. There area lot of people here who go negative at the drop of a hat and run with every crackpot theory that someone come's up with and preach it as truth. There is no point in me trying to explain things to those types of people, and no reason for me to read about the sky falling when I can focus on the positives elsewhere.

I honestly decided to call it a day when Bird and Loof went anti-Gus. I felt that if I disagreed with them, I was too far outside of the overall thinking around here to be of any value.

Did @McLoofus actually go anti-Gus though? I never got that vibe. I know he probably, like most of us, we're done giving him the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise. Many of us did not want to see CGM fail, but we weren't going to idly act like there weren't things absolutely problematic. If people behind the scenes had never put the flame to Gus's feet, this new, hardcore and straight mouth Gus would never have appeared. It seems to have worked out for both sides and people need to acknowledge that.

31 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yes, I'm saying that was the plan. We never got less than 2-3 yards on first until the final drive with Martin, and several time Kerryon got 5-6. We also knew they couldn't stop us from at least getting in field goal range. If we played wide open like the first scoring drive, we'd keep giving them the ball back and risk another hold on every play drive. We had to maximize the number of rushing plays per drive to run the clock.

This was nothing like LSU. Unlike LSU there was a plan to move the sticks and an urgency to score on every drive. Also, unlike LSU the plan was to help the D, not to rely on it.

Finally, get over the "who's calling the plays" thing. That whole conversation has been BS from the beginning and now it's just sad.

The bolded part is what I believe is the difference since the LSU game.  In fact, its the difference looking back, since the Clemson game in 2016.  Gus used to score as much as he could, because he didn’t trust his D in 2013 (he did sit on the lead in the NC game though) and 2014.  In 2016 he still didn’t trust his Offense and relied on the D to keep it close.  That strategy was held until the LSU game this year.  

Whether it was finally giving JS and Chip a vote of confidence or Gus seeing the light, things have changed.  The play calling in certain situations are completely different and that play calling kept Bama guessing and enabled Auburn to get those 5-6 yard carries, unlike the 1-2 against LSU.

24 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If I may throw my hat into the ring.  The way I looked at it was all of the momentum was on our side.  Alabama was making mistakes all over the place, so if simply running it would win us the game, then let's not fix was isn't broken.  The key to that sentence is we need to keep some plays in the book for UGA, especially if KJ is a no-go.  We did this for the last UGA game and we were able to break out the KJ pop-pass for a touchdown that Alabama was not ready for.

We definitely had the momentum and bama was definitely making mistakes. 

Can we not keep plays in the playbook without running into a stacked line over and again with our best remaining back?

Not saying it didn't work.  Just saying the method was the same as vs. LSU when Auburn was ahead.  That the difference was not so much in what AU did, but that LSU never imploded. 

Just not believing what was bad then is somehow genius now.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did @McLoofus actually go anti-Gus though? I never got that vibe. I know he probably, like most of us, we're done giving him the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise. Many of us did not want to see CGM fail, but we weren't going to idly act like there weren't things absolutely problematic. If people behind the scenes had never put the flame to Gus's feet, this new, hardcore and straight mouth Gus would never have appeared. It seems to have worked out for both sides and people need to acknowledge that.

This.

wde

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Underrated comment

Ridiculous that our fanbase can’t just be happy with a win without saying “I told you so”

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I don't remember anybody getting heavily criticized.

I just wanna say "told you so" to the people that were calling for Stidham's head earlier this year. The o-line was atrocious early this year. I said then what I'll say now. It doesn't matter if you have Peyton Manning at QB if there's no blocking. Not a coincidence that Stidham came on when the o-line came along 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ridiculous that our fanbase can’t just be happy with a win without saying “I told you so”

Amen

wde

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I can understand why he's doing it. It comes because of two reasons imo. People (even on internet boards) are treated differently, and the less popular posters are attacked harshly when they give a different opinion. And nobody really keeps up with EVERY single post of someone else and there is simply times where there's more to a story about what a guy may post that other people simply doesn't know. But that's just my opinion

Gus, finally got smart. If there had not been that huge backlash from our fan base we would have finished much differently. Gus insisted on calling plays. The games we lost (that we shouldn't have) were because of him and his clipboard. As for Gus if he is smart he has learned his lesson and will back the bank trucks up at his coordinators houses. He deserved and still deserves every criticism he has received and will receive.  

6 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I just wanna say "told you so" to the people that were calling for Stidham's head earlier this year. The o-line was atrocious early this year. I said then what I'll say now. It doesn't matter if you have Peyton Manning at QB if there's no blocking. Not a coincidence that Stidham came on when the o-line came along 

Don't give him too much credit or them too much grief. He was rusty. The game was moving very fast for him as he got comfortable playing in a much more complicated offense than he was used to. They came along together.

Archived