UAT Basketball... WTH?

around4ever

It was really just the knee jerk reaction of wanting to break up a fight....I said it last year....Petty and Sexton aren't a joke. Petty is the best high school player I've ever seen come out of the state of Alabama.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It was really just the knee jerk reaction of wanting to break up a fight....I said it last year....Petty and Sexton aren't a joke. Petty is the best high school player I've ever seen come out of the state of Alabama.

Sounds right....wondering why he did not end up at one of the top programs....Duke, UK, KU or someone like that?   

They offered at least Kansas and Kentucky did. I would imagine Avery Johnson and knowing he had a super class coming in with him had something to do with it but I don't know

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

They offered at least Kansas and Kentucky did. I would imagine Avery Johnson and knowing he had a super class coming in with him had something to do with it but I don't know

Yeah, I think  you do know...

On 11/26/2017 at 11:55 AM, cole256 said:

I’m all for rules about keeping the bench from coming on the court during an altercation but it appeared to me that most of these guys were only a step on and not going further.

the rule is what it is but I think most of these kids weren’t looking to be malicious.  I’d like to see that rule adjusted slightly to allow the ref some judgement.

20 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m all for rules about keeping the bench from coming on the court during an altercation but it appeared to me that most of these guys were only a step on and not going further.

the rule is what it is but I think most of these kids weren’t looking to be malicious.  I’d like to see that rule adjusted slightly to allow the ref some judgement.

It's pretty simple though. If you cross the line ("leave the bench") you get ejected. If I'm a walk on who never gets to play, I'm sitting my butt on the bench and getting some quality minutes. :D I might even push a couple of guys on the floor to make sure I'm guaranteed to play.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:56 PM, mustache eagle said:

I agree because you're taught to be so close as a team it's only natural to jump up to help your brother....but it's the rules

I can see them getting petty easy....now I don't know about sexton. I don't know how they recruit that area. But Avery Johnson all over Mark Sears right now and I started a post about him as well and he has auburn ties....but they are recruiting the hell out of him

47 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

there's no way they got petty and NBA top 5 pick sexton legally...

With Avery Johnson, I could see it legitimately happening.

Archived