Alabama DB allegedly punches Auburn fan

abw0004

I don't know how to embed videos from articles so a mod can feel free to fix this   Until then, here is the article/video:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/watch-alabama-db-tony-brown-appears-hit-auburn-fan-iron-bowl-loss/

don't condone his actions, if thats what happened, but it illustrates perfectly why fans do NOT belong on the field or any playing surface after the game.   Everybody knows the opposing fan base is going to talk trash to the other teams players and nothing good will ever come from that.   Stay in the damn stands where you belong.

Just now, WarTiger said:

don't condone his actions, if thats what happened, but it illustrates perfectly why fans do NOT belong on the field or any playing surface after the game.   Everybody knows the opposing fan base is going to talk trash to the other teams players and nothing good will ever come from that.   Stay in the damn stands where you belong.

Agree 100%. That is on us and that dumb fan just as much as it is on the player. 

I put the fan more at fault than the player. They should not be on the field. Did the Alabama player over-react? Yes, but that is a very emotional moment for any football player. I'm not justifying it I'm just saying the fan should never have been there and it never should have happened.

wrong its on the player.  you are in charge of your own actions not anyone else.  yes it wouldn't have happened if the fans weren't on the field. But it wouldn't even be rumored to have happened if the player checked himself and didn't  act like a child. 

The comments are ridiculous. They are calling us classless for rushing the field and endangering players. What the heck.

They are the biggest bunch of sore losers. I hope the SEC comes down on that classless Tony Brown. 

I didn't see anything this fan did to provoke Brown, although something could have happened before the video. No excuse for punching a fan like that. I hope Saban deals with him.

46 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

I didn't see anything this fan did to provoke Brown, although something could have happened before the video. No excuse for punching a fan like that. I hope Saban deals with him.

More ice cream?

You absolutely cannot put this on the fan if he didn't single him out and overtly provoke him.  Blaming the 'fans' for rushing the field, is like blaming a 20 year old for being sexually assaulted for sneaking into a 21+ only bar.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Fans have no business on the field.  It creates a dangerous situation for everyone.  I don't know what you do to stop it particularly when it's the last home game of the season but it needs to stop.  The coaches and players need to have the opportunity to congratulate each other and get to the locker room without that chaos.  They used to line up a lot of law enforcement to stop it and I wonder why they don't do that anymore.  I remember a police dog taking a swipe at Jerraud Powers one time.  

Isn’t this the Tony Brown that was in trouble at Bammer before he’d even gone through a practice as a freshman? Seems like he had some kind of issue back when...

17 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Agree 100%. That is on us and that dumb fan just as much as it is on the player. 

BS!

T Brown searches the fan out and cheap shots him from behind.  That is all on a player who can't handle the emotions of defeat.  You see other bama players shaking hands and congratulating players as well as fans.

There is no doubt that fans do not belong on the field after the game for this very reason. Emotions are high.

Still, Brown tracks that kid down and sucker punches him.

The comments about no class....... ok back had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing. Should we start with sexual assault? Killing traditions and landmarks and then making t-shirts about it to wear to Auburn? Throwing women across the floor in season openers? Shooting opposing fans over a football disagreement? Shooting your own fans for not caring enough? Attacking college students at the Sugar Bowl?  Maybe song choices at athletic events like Take the Money and Run and tossing out fake bills,  or Dixie Land Delight where the lyrics are changed to chant F Tennessee and Auburn and if you were there in 14 you know the whole stadium chanted it for a entire quarter break. Spray Paining Roll Tide on Auburn's campus? Assaulting street poles!?!?!?!

Love the cow college lines, do these people not understand that in the state of Alabama agriculture is big and there are a very large number of Alabama fans that attend Auburn to earn those degrees lol. They give more credit to their lowlife trash fans than they do to the ones that try to make an honest living.

But we all know what this really boils down to..... and that is these people have run their mouths about Auburn and the greatness of Alabama for 3 years. It is now time to pay the piper and they are too ***** to do so and instead have decided to whine.

7 hours ago, tiger88 said:

I put the fan more at fault than the player. They should not be on the field. Did the Alabama player over-react? Yes, but that is a very emotional moment for any football player. I'm not justifying it I'm just saying the fan should never have been there and it never should have happened.

No, justifying it is EXACTLY what youre doing. Makes no difference what was said. All you have to do is walk away - not go after someone and assault them. 

I get mad all the time. I don't hit people, even if I think they deserve it. Even if they did something to me. 

I don't even care what they do. Spit? Throw a punch? If you want to get back at them, go grab a cop. Or, just be the bigger man and walk away. That wasn't even defending oneself - that was either an unprovoked lashing out or an act of petty revenge. 

High emotions because you lost is not a justification or excuse, and no amount of someone else being in the wrong makes that kind of action right. 

21 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

No, justifying it is EXACTLY what youre doing. Makes no difference what was said. All you have to do is walk away - not go after someone and assault them. 

You can play semantics and use all caps, I know what my thoughts are and you don't. What the player did was wrong. I said that. I said I feel the fan is more at fault. They shouldn't be on the field, period. If they weren't somewhere they absolutely should not be, this doesn't happen. 

I'm not even saying the bama player shouldn't be punished, there might be some some potential crimial charges, who knows? Especially, if it was unprovoked.

I don't know if this person taunted or antagonized #2, and either way he wss no threat to him so his actions were ridiculous. 

I'm not freaking out because people rushed the field. I don't agree with it, though. I will say that if you rush the field and taunt the other team's players, you are a complete moron. 

Not legal justification at all. But man to man justification? It sure looks like he had been given a reason to hit the guy. Plus, since the guy wasn't knocked completely out, I'd bet it was more of a slap or a shove. Either way, it's legally inexcusable of course.And it's entirely possible Brown picked him from afar for no reason...doesn't seem that way though. We all hate Bama but doesn't that really mean "Bama" and not the actual players themselves face to face?

4 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

You can play semantics and use all caps, I know what my thoughts are and you don't. What the player did was wrong. I said that. I said I feel the fan is more at fault. They shouldn't be on the field, period. If they weren't somewhere they absolutely should not be, this doesn't happen. 

I'm not even saying the bama player shouldn't be punished, there might be some some potential crimial charges, who knows? Especially, if it was unprovoked.

I don't know if this person taunted or antagonized #2, and either way he wss no threat to him so his actions were ridiculous. 

I'm not freaking out because people rushed the field. I don't agree with it, though. I will say that if you rush the field and taunt the other team's players, you are a complete moron. 

The fault actually should be on Auburn University as the fan should not be on the field in the first place. That is really who should who receive the blame if you want to take it off the player.

The fan should know not to jump and run onto the field due to possible consequences. The player should know not to listen to fans and get off the field if he sees that happening. There are plenty of sports where fans are right on top of the players, in reach,  and they keep their cool.

I hope in the future that this is something AU will handle.

If you can't handle fans comments then you don't need to be in collegiate or professional sports.

16 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

The fault actually should be on Auburn University as the fan should not be on the field in the first place. That is really who should who receive the blame if you want to take it off the player.

The fan should know not to jump and run onto the field due to possible consequences. The player should know not to listen to fans and get off the field if he sees that happening. There are plenty of sports where fans are right on top of the players, in reach,  and they keep their cool.

I hope in the future that this is something AU will handle.

If you can't handle fans comments then you don't need to be in collegiate or professional sports.

The player is to blame as well. It's just a logical thing to me, nothing happens if the fan is where they're supposed to be.  If the fan taunted the player, I have little if any sympathy for him. If it was uprovoked I would have sympathy for the fan. 

It's Auburn's fault? No. I believe in personal responsibilty. It's the fans fault. Should we erect a 8 ft barbed-wire fence around the field? Should we hire a three deep layer of security guards to encircle the field after games that might result in big wins? 

The player punching him is beyond idiotic and maybe criminal. He should be held as accountable as those who make these decisions feel he should be. 

If this happened when I was at AU, I would be a drunk fool out on the field as well. I'm not crucifying any fans for being out on the field. I'm just saying if you come onto the field and something bad happens, it happened because you were somewhere you should not be. Had you not put yourself in that situation you would not be a victim. 

I have a funny feeling the fan didn't say anything worse than the player heard on the field during play or in his own locker room.  

The player showed horrible character to strike/shove/hit/??? Someone else.  Much less a fan.  Saban won't deal with that...come on.   It's Nick Saban.   Do you really think that is on his radar? 

I understand the historical significance: 1st time any team has beaten #1 twice in 2 weeks.  (Not counting some kind of playoff scenario).  It was a big deal, I understand why fans wanted to celebrate.  It was a very big deal.    

"Player safety" is not an issue.  That is a joke.   

I know most will disagree wtih me, I am not trying to convince you, just sharing a couple points.  

War Eagle!  We play UGA next week!!!

1 hour ago, tiger88 said:

The player is to blame as well. It's just a logical thing to me, nothing happens if the fan is where they're supposed to be.  If the fan taunted the player, I have little if any sympathy for him. If it was uprovoked I would have sympathy for the fan. 

It's Auburn's fault? No. I believe in personal responsibilty. It's the fans fault. Should we erect a 8 ft barbed-wire fence around the field? Should we hire a three deep layer of security guards to encircle the field after games that might result in big wins? 

The player punching him is beyond idiotic and maybe criminal. He should be held as accountable as those who make these decisions feel he should be. 

If this happened when I was at AU, I would be a drunk fool out on the field as well. I'm not crucifying any fans for being out on the field. I'm just saying if you come onto the field and something bad happens, it happened because you were somewhere you should not be. Had you not put yourself in that situation you would not be a victim. 

It is Auburn Universities responsibility to protect the student athletes of both programs. Keeping fans off the field is part of that responsibility.

I can remember games where they lined the student section endzone with security guards and dogs and they dropped and cuffed anyone that tested it.

We can disagree and that is cool, I believe in personal accountability also but I also believe in organizational accountability.

Still think a trained athlete at a high level has to be the better man regardless or doesn't belong on the field.

Y’all see if you can find a cleaner version.  I saw the clip on tv ...

y’all look at the guys shirt collar.  It sure looks like a red and white collar to me.  My teenage kid even agreed with me.  I think he got heckled by a bammer fan.

Archived