Alabama DB allegedly punches Auburn fan

abw0004

49 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

It is Auburn Universities responsibility to protect the student athletes of both programs. Keeping fans off the field is part of that responsibility.

I can remember games where they lined the student section endzone with security guards and dogs and they dropped and cuffed anyone that tested it.

We can disagree and that is cool, I believe in personal accountability also but I also believe in organizational accountability.

Still think a trained athlete at a high level has to be the better man regardless or doesn't belong on the field.

I see your point. It is a good one. The good news is we probably won't have to worry about this again until 2019 Bama game. 

I'm the polar opposite of you guys. No one is at fault. I don't have a problem with folks rushing the field, and I really don't care about Tony Brown pushing a guy from behind (except that pushing someone from behind is a punk move... step to his face man). The kid wasn't hurt, and it didn't really escalate beyond that.

My position:  no fault!

Rushing the field is something that happens in college sports. It shouldn't happen all the time, but it is part of the games. Still, if you get on the field, stay clear of the opposing team or risk getting pushed, bumped, shoved, etc. That's the deal. They're bigger than you. Taunt at your own risk.

I had a really good friend who used to talk constant smack to opposing basketball players on the baseline at Auburn. I mean, they were 12-18 inches away. If they hit him, they're getting tossed, but he's risking it by talking smack in someone's ear. There is a price to pay both ways (the player getting tossed/suspended; my friend getting his jaw broken). He was willing to roll the dice, which is the same deal for any fan rushing the field and taunting an opposing player. I'm okay with everything that happened in that video.

18 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Y’all see if you can find a cleaner version.  I saw the clip on tv ...

y’all look at the guys shirt collar.  It sure looks like a red and white collar to me.  My teenage kid even agreed with me.  I think he got heckled by a bammer fan.

That may explain why he seemed to single the guy out from 15 yards away, when there had to be a dozen Auburn fans within 10 feet of him he could have sucker punched...

21 hours ago, tiger88 said:

I see your point. It is a good one. The good news is we probably won't have to worry about this again until 2019 Bama game. 

Hoping by 2019 we will be running a streak and not feel the need to jump the field.

21 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Y’all see if you can find a cleaner version.  I saw the clip on tv ...

y’all look at the guys shirt collar.  It sure looks like a red and white collar to me.  My teenage kid even agreed with me.  I think he got heckled by a bammer fan.

Could have. The kids are coming from the Bama side. In the video on Al.com you can see a kid bounce by Brown and yell wooo War Eagle and is told to move on by a trooper and Brown turns and starts to walk and a state trooper grabs him. Then as the camera follows Owens #79 is about to head back to the field and the cops stop him and say let it go. Starts at about the 1:10 mark. Most the words you make out are wooo and War Eagle throughout the video from Auburn people.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/11/video_shows_alabama_db_tony_br.html

nobody hurt or killed. it'll be ok. no arrest, no civil suit. just suspend the bammer player from the seccg and move on..... well nevermind.

i will not give brown a pass. he stayed in trouble at bama. and i believe he beat up one of his own teammates.i might have that wrong but it was something bad and with his teammates making fun of mr mud that  is ok with him right? he should be able to take it as well right? no excuses for him. but i also agree the fans should not have been on the field but i consider them different issues. sometimes these things like rushing the field happen and you just cannot stop it. and i am sure all players have certain guidelines on how to act etc. plus i am willing to bet bama fans have rushed a field before right?

Archived