Auburn Up to #4 in Latest AP Poll!

Zeek

Slowly sliding in, I know it's not too exciting because we are a "control your own destiny" scenario but it's still awesome!

Really felt like the season was doomed after the LSU game but man what a turnaround! I'm in the camp that believes Gus finally handed over the reigns and that's been tremendous.

Here's hoping we can be healthy enough to finish the season that should be known as, "The Year the World Didn't End":Sing:

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I saw where Herbstreit put us at #1. :o Of course, I don't think we will be there in the real rankings      Kirk must have been feeling guilty about picking Bammer   

Yeap. We're getting some love out there as #1 in spite of our record. And considering our defense/o-line/qb, I don't really disagree. We may not win out, but whoever takes us down better pack a lunch.

We have had the talent to be the number 1 team all season, the man in charge was the only thing holding us back. That no longer appears to be the case. I think we have a legit argument for number 1, but I’m anticipating number 3. Behind 1.Clemson and 2.Oklahoma 

I’m guessing the CFP top 4 will be:

1. Clemson

2. Oklahoma 

3. Wisconsin 

4. Auburn 

If that’s the case, we just need everyone in the Top 4 to win next weekend.  I’d love for us to get another shot at Clemson and Oklahoma.

58 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

This poll doesnt matter but it's nice to see. I think you could make an argument for UGA to be ranked over Bama 

I agree. Not off of quality of the team but off of realistic path to finish in the top 4.

3 hours ago, triangletiger said:

If that’s the case, we just need everyone in the Top 4 to win next weekend.  I’d love for us to get another shot at Clemson and Oklahoma.

Yeah, I don't want Bama in the playoff.

4 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

Yeah, I don't want Bama in the playoff.

THIS. I don't want us to play the refs and them all over again.

Here's the scenario I'm worried about:

• OU and Wisc win their games and are in the CFP at #1 & 2.
  • #7 Miami beats #1 Clemson in a classic.
  • Miami jumps to #3, and Clemson falls to #4, bumping SEC champ AU to #5 due to Clemson's H2H win in Sept.

This is the only way I can see us possibly missing the CFP if we win Sat.

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

...Its loser leave town each game.

!!!

"Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you

Georgia,
Georgia,
No peace, no peace I find
Just this old, sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind"

We would be ranked No. 1 right now if we hadn't layed the egg in 2nd half of LSU game assuming everything else happened the same.  However I think we would probably have lost to one of the No. 1's so really everything has worked out for the best so far.

21 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Yeap. We're getting some love out there as #1 in spite of our record. And considering our defense/o-line/qb, I don't really disagree. We may not win out, but whoever takes us down better pack a lunch.

I look at it this way.

Clemson lost to unranked 4-8 Syracuse.

Oklahoma lost to unranked 7-5 Iowa State.

Wisconsin is undefeated, but somehow managed to not play the 3 teams in the Big 10 that don't suck (we'll see if they can survive Ohio State). 

Auburn lost to the #1 and #17 teams by a total of 12 points, and beat the #1 team twice in 3 weeks. 

Personally, I think that it should be:

1. Clemson (because they beat us)
2. Auburn
3. Oklahoma
4. Wisconsin

3 hours ago, msza said:

• Miami jumps to #3, and Clemson falls to #4, bumping SEC champ AU to #5 due to Clemson's H2H win in Sept.

Shouldn't happen. Even though Clemson beat us head to head, they would have 2 losses and no conference championship. No way they stay ahead of us in the CFP if we beat a #5 or #6 Georgia on Saturday and win the SEC. Auburn would have passed the eye test with flying colors. In that scenario, I'd expect us to go to #3 with Oklahoma at #1, Whiskey at #2, and Miami at #4.

I just want us at #2 or #3. I want to play in Pasadena again so we can redeem ourselves. If it's Oklahoma in Pasadena, all the better to beat them to avenge the Sugar Bowl and the 2014 BCSCG. Maybe the committee will make the right call and award Auburn with #3 tomorrow night by the quality of the wins, or at least up to #2 or #3 by Sunday IF we beat the dwags again.

3 hours ago, msza said:

There is a zero percent chance AU would be left out if we win. I repeat ZERO.

I would rather AU end up at #1 or 4 so we get to go to Sugar Bowl.  That will definitely be an easier trip for most people. 

Lowest price for Championship tickets on VIVD seats is over $1000 per seat.

23 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I saw where Herbstreit put us at #1. :o Of course, I don't think we will be there in the real rankings      Kirk must have been feeling guilty about picking Bammer   

We should be if you remove all the PC crap of today. There's no other team in the country hotter than Auburn right now. If we are lucky enough to run the table, I'm willing to bet it would be the most unpecedented run in CFB history. With defeating #1, #1, #6, #3,#1 Or #2 in near consecutive week's  is a feat no one else will ever be able to match in our lifetimes. 

Archived