LSU changed Gus.

weathergeakal

As some had stated a couple of weeks back. LSU changed Gus. He has realized that he isn't an OC. He is an HC. He is a heck of a motivator and he just out coach Saban and Saban Jr. Even if we lose Sat. He still has proved to me that he has changed.

I’ve noticed more of a fire to Gus and like it. He seems more aggressive in how he coaches and interacts on the sidelines. Off topic but he reminded me of Kevin Sumlin before. Kevin Sumlin always seemed to have the same reaction no matter what. When UCLA came back to beat them he should of called a timeout and fired his team up instead he just watched it happen with little emotion. Gus seems to have an “edge” about himself now.

I agree that LSU changed Gus. He has said as much himself. I have heard him say he had a mistake taking his foot off the gas, or playing not to lose. I only wish he had learned the lesson after the 2014 NC game against FSU. At any rate, I think he learned that he is NOT an offensive genius and he hired an OC and he has to let that OC do his job. If AU has an offensive genius on its staff, it has become obvious it's Chip and not Gus. But I give props to Gus for making necessary changes, finally.

Archived