So glad not to be a Arky, UT, UF, FSU, A&M, Ole Miss, MSU fan right now. Sure I've left a few out

augolf1716

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Arizona St, Nebraska, but man a lot of openings and a small pool of good candidates...somebody is going to make a hire they regret...i wonder who?

FSU comes to mind but I expect at least 3 will make hires they regret UT is already on that list sort of

Prediction:   half the new coaches hired before Christmas will be fired within 5 years.....

The new signing period has really made things exciting with the coaching carousel. Teams can't wait for the top tier coaches still playing for the championship.  I prefer this craziness than waiting for signing day in Feb.  I can see how some recruits would want to wait however when being recruited by hot seat coaches. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Arizona St, Nebraska, but man a lot of openings and a small pool of good candidates...somebody is going to make a hire they regret...i wonder who?

Tennessee already has! Lol

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Prediction:   half the new coaches hired before Christmas will be fired within 5 years.....

Probably more than half. Some of these teams are expecting titles or bust. After firing Sumlin at 51-26, you think A&M will keep a caoach for more than 5 years without a title.

57 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Probably more than half. Some of these teams are expecting titles or bust. After firing Sumlin at 51-26, you think A&M will keep a caoach for more than 5 years without a title.

True...I was probably  being optimistic ....Once the wheel is set in motion there is probably no stopping it...a new pattern for coaching expectations...and actions if expectations are not met.

Archived