Tuberville with some great comments today

AUApostle

I like Tubbs but "loose" comments like "checkbook" don't fit as an AD.  It's a kind of thing that put departments in chaos (think other, um less funded, sports.)  On the other hand I also think Gus has had to deal with meddlers too - more to Tubb's point..  

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Tubbs, come on now. Let him get a SEC championship first. You don't get rewarded for beating your rivals once every four years. 

Your point is a good one, but I'm curious about the context of the comments. As in... was the question that led to them looking forward: "What if Gus wins the SEC Championship?" or "What if Gus wins out this season?" If it was a question about Gus's situation right now then I totally agree with you.

28 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He said that on XM ESPNU Radio to Mark Packer...listened to it on the way home from work yesterday. That's probably where JayG got his quotes.

Yep. I heard the entirety of the interview as well. Tubs was definitely showing love to Gus and Auburn.

He may be right about the top 4 teams in the country, but that does not mean those 4 teams should play in the playoff. The "best 4 teams" thing always irks me. I think it should be the "most deserving 4 teams". Resume, head to head, conference champ, etc. are the least subjective measures we have available. 

15 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Per Jay Tate (Twitter) :

Looked like they played pretty good defense at the Citrus Bowl a few years ago there Tubby. Just saying

His comments really make you wonder how tense the relationship was between JJ and Malzahn.  Not to blame JJ ( I do not have enough knowledge to do that) but Gus’ on the field demeanor has been different since he announced his retirement. Just seems more relaxed.

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

His comments really make you wonder how tense the relationship was between JJ and Malzahn.  Not to blame JJ ( I do not have enough knowledge to do that) but Gus’ on the field demeanor has been different since he announced his retirement. Just seems more relaxed.

No doubt.

Archived