Trump Mocks Warren as ‘Pocahontas’ at Navajo Veterans’ Event

homersapien

You Fox viewers probably missed this:

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday transformed a White House ceremony to honor Navajo veterans of World War II into a racially charged controversy, using the event as a platform to deride Senator Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas.”

Standing in the Oval Office alongside three Navajo code talkers, whom he called “very, very special people,” Mr. Trump dispensed with his prepared remarks and took aim at Ms. Warren without naming her, resurrecting a favorite nickname as the veterans stood stonefaced.

“You were here long before any of us were here,” Mr. Trump said to the veterans, ages 90 and older, who wore their military uniforms for the occasion, juxtaposed with turquoise and silver, hallmarks of Navajo culture. “Although we have a representative in Congress who, they say, was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas.”

He made the remarks while standing in front of a portrait of President Andrew Jackson — a favorite of Mr. Trump’s — who served as the nation’s seventh president and signed the Indian Removal Act of 1830, which resulted in the mass displacement and deaths of Native Americans often referred to as the Trail of Tears.

The comment made for an awkward moment during an otherwise uplifting event, organized to pay tribute to the contributions of the young Native Americans recruited by the United States military to create top-secret coded messages used to communicate during battles. And it was the latest instance of a president who relishes any opportunity to land a hit against a political opponent, veering sharply off-script with divisive speech and quickly setting off a furor.....

Read the rest at: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/us/politics/trump-elizabeth-warren-pocahontas-navajo.html

Trump is an embarrassment to the country. 

Homey, it is uncanny how you can be baited every single time....you'd think the law of averages would come into play at some point...but no...you have not made contact since the campaign....I can't decide if you are really Wolf Blitzer,  Elizabeth Warren's communications director (or maybe Fauxahontas herself) or maybe you're John Podesta.....

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Seriously 78...they've never going to do that....they just have too much invested in the esteemed Senator (and by that I mean the phony as a $2 bill Senator) to call her out for the fraud that she is...she's one of the club....that's just not done...the bigger the phony , the more they rally around them to protect them...

31 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Homey, it is uncanny how you can be baited every single time....you'd think the law of averages would come into play at some point...but no...you have not made contact since the campaign....I can't decide if you are really Wolf Blitzer,  Elizabeth Warren's communications director (or maybe Fauxahontas herself) or maybe you're John Podesta.....

:dunno:  I have no idea what you are talking about.

16 hours ago, japantiger said:

Love it!!! LMAO

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Even when it would be so easy to be an adult, this jackwad doesn’t pass up a chance to be a dick head. 

Who are you calling names?

My take on it all is:

1.  Sure, not presidential 

2. It was a Jab at Elizabeth Warren (who lied and used native American culture to advance herself).  Not a Jab at the Navajos expense.

3. If you were a Navajo Indian, which of these would you think you would list in order from most offensive to least:

A. Trump using the name "Pocahontas" to take a Jab at Elizabeth Warren. 

B. The notion that they are so sensitive and unable to recognize the Joke and who the Jab was for and the reason for it, that               they now just devastated.

C. The Media and outlets like these pushing "answer B" and using it and the Navajo people as means to bash a political        opponent.

Im going C,B,A......Id be willing to bet this is not the big deal to the Navajo as some would like it to be.

28 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

My take on it all is:

1.  Sure, not presidential 

2. It was a Jab at Elizabeth Warren (who lied and used native American culture to advance herself).  Not a Jab at the Navajos expense.

3. If you were a Navajo Indian, which of these would you think you would list in order from most offensive to least:

A. Trump using the name "Pocahontas" to take a Jab at Elizabeth Warren. 

B. The notion that they are so sensitive and unable to recognize the Joke and who the Jab was for and the reason for it, that               they now just devastated.

C. The Media and outlets like these pushing "answer B" and using it and the Navajo people as means to bash a political        opponent.

Im going C,B,A......Id be willing to bet this is not the big deal to the Navajo as some would like it to be.

Wow!  Now there's some spin. :laugh:

He used a ceremony meant to honor Navajo war heros to take a cheap political jab at one of his opponents.  Period.

Wow!  Now there's some spin. :laugh:

He used a ceremony meant to honor Navajo war heros to take a cheap political jab at one of his opponents.  Period.

I gotta admit, Ive only seen the clip where he makes the Jab, but I assumed it was a small moment in the ceremony honoring the Code talkers.  What else did he say? 

Quote:  With this, I still say that if anyone is using this ceremony, its those using it bash Trump. 

Yeah, how dare the American people hold their president responsible for what he says.

That's so passe'.  :-\

Ok,  I agree it shouldn't have been said, even if it was only a jab at Elizabeth Warren.  I just dont think it amounts to anything more than that.   The ceremony was actually pretty good outside of all that! 

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

No or I wouldn't ask. Afraid to say?

I am not afraid of anything but snakes and my wife. go back and read all the posts, it is obvious.

Just now, homersapien said:

You're afraid of snakes?    

Just till I see them. Then I can deal with them. My son and I killed a cotton mouth November 4. I had to have stepped on it. Luckily he was 10 feet behind me and saw it. 

8 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

No or I wouldn't ask. Afraid to say?

Since you didn't quote anyone, why should it be obvious? It followed a post of mine is why I ask so I take it was aimed at me. Hope not.

Archived