SECCG - Pregame Sights & Sounds

RunInRed

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Are we in whites or blues for this one? I’m pretty sure that the east and west take turns being home teams. I’m being lazy not googling for answer.

b

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Auburn 6 said:

Here's a link to some of the food options and pricing.  Definitely very reasonable compared to most venues. 

http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc.com/2017/07/13/what-are-concession-prices-at-mercedes-benz-stadium-for-the-2017-season/

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/food-beverage/

Nice... I seem to remember paying something like $3.50 for a bottle of water the last time I was in the Georgia Dome, and that was probably close to 20 years ago.

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

$8 for a really good bbq sandwich I think, $9 for a 20oz premium beer... not bad.

You'd pay that here in KC at most of our barbecue joints outside of a stadium.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You'd pay that here in KC at most of our barbecue joints outside of a stadium.

For the record, when I say "good bbq", I'm speaking in relative terms ;)

(but Fox Bros really is legit TX style bbq)

36 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Are we in whites or blues for this one? I’m pretty sure that the east and west take turns being home teams. I’m being lazy not googling for answer.

Blue, it's an odd numbered year so we're the home team.

edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Championship_Game#Home.2Faway_designation

As of the 2016 contest, the designated "home" team is 15–10 overall in SEC championship games.

The SEC Championship game has featured a rematch of a regular season game a total of seven times (1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2017). The team which won the regular season game is 5–1 in the rematches, the lone exception being in 2001 when LSU defeated Tennessee in the championship game after losing to them in the regular season.

20 hours ago, hjhuber23 said:

This may be a little bit off topic, but does anyone know what sections Auburn has in Mercedes Benz Stadium? I figure about half the stadium is for the schools and the other half is corporate and PSL holders.

I found a chart that lays out the seating allotment for each team for anyone else that is interested.

MBS-PublicV1-2.jpg

What is interesting to me are the ticket prices shown on the chart . I bet nobody got a ticket at that price in the last six months. I hope those buying their tickets through the two schools don't get screwed by the process .

Considering the magnitude of the game and ticket prices for even ordinary games these days, the published prices are not too bad. It is after the ticket services get their hands on them that things go crazy. 

11 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Cool! Thanks @hjhuber23! We've got tickets somewhere in that place. We haven't found out where yet.

Yes, thanks @hjhuber23!  This helps me so much!  Im in section 119 so I guess I will be sharing the section with GA fans!  ?.    Oh well, at least I'm in the building, right?   #wareagle 

1 hour ago, Jenfletcher said:

Yes, thanks @hjhuber23!  This helps me so much!  Im in section 119 so I guess I will be sharing the section with GA fans!  ?.    Oh well, at least I'm in the building, right?   #wareagle 

Good!!  That means two or four (or however many tickets you have) less UGA fans in the stadium. 

Has anyone ordered their tickets through the AU ticket office? Are you a TUF member? We are awaiting an email with our printable tickets and we haven't gotten it yet. Has anyone received their ticket email yet? Just a little nervous. I want to make sure we get them!!!

49 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Has anyone ordered their tickets through the AU ticket office? Are you a TUF member? We are awaiting an email with our printable tickets and we haven't gotten it yet. Has anyone received their ticket email yet? Just a little nervous. I want to make sure we get them!!!

The emails are supposed to go out before midnight tonight. You should be able to go into your TUF account online to see your seats. 

I just scored tix! How do we get in Fromm’s head without the JH crowd! I was part of an epic HS state champ game where the crowd started chanting “FRESH-MAN” and it screwed the qb up so much he couldn’t hit his mama for a hug. How bout it? I’m going crazy in there short of getting thrown out

1 hour ago, WDE Matty said:

I just scored tix! How do we get in Fromm’s head without the JH crowd! I was part of an epic HS state champ game where the crowd started chanting “FRESH-MAN” and it screwed the qb up so much he couldn’t hit his mama for a hug. How bout it? I’m going crazy in there short of getting thrown out

Won’t be room in Fromm’s head for you. Holland and Coe already reside there .

12 hours ago, WDE Matty said:

There will be enough Auburn fans there to make it hard on their offense. That building is LOUD. 

(It will definitely work the other way against our offense.)

15 hours ago, Jenfletcher said:

You and the other AU fans will have the section all to yourselves midway thru the 4th quarter!!  :wareagle:

19 hours ago, Auburn 6 said:

Here's a link to some of the food options and pricing.  Definitely very reasonable compared to most venues. 

http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc.com/2017/07/13/what-are-concession-prices-at-mercedes-benz-stadium-for-the-2017-season/

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/food-beverage/

If the menfolk here are taking their wives, I can vouch for Molly B's Kitchen in the endzone on the "open" side.  You need to make a reservation (at least you did for the Garth show there last month, so I presume it's the case for football as well).  You can get a table and actually overlook the field.  It's definitely more pricey than the regular food options, but the food is outstanding and you will win bonus points from your bride.  

They planned pretty well for crowds in the stadium so entry/exit isn't bad at all.  The crowd for Garth was much larger than what will be at the game Saturday (given they have thousands of seats on the field area when they do concerts there), and we had no complaints having to wait too long to exit the building.    

Parking tip - don't park right across the street from the stadium.  There were long lines trying to exit that lot.  We parked in the yellow lot, which is on Northside Drive, right across the street from the World Congress Center and it is a very easy walk to the stadium. (Yellow lot is on the top left side of this link).  Do not allow your wives to wear high heels however as the walk to/from the stadium will have them walking barefooted due to the blisters.     

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/parking-and-transportation/stadium-parking-lots/

10 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Do not allow your wives to wear high heels however as the walk to/from the stadium will have them walking barefooted due to the blisters.     

Good stuff. Also, ladies, *check the bag policy*. They have some things in place to help avoid confiscating your purse but definitely know what you're getting into. 

If you're comfortable with an extra couple blocks of walking, I always park at a little lot at Ted Turner and Trinity. Only like $10. Also makes it extremely easy to get back on I20. 

Archived