Tennessee targets DC Kevin Steele

ScottsboroAuburnFan

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have heard that Steele went to Tennessee and is still big time in to their program and wants them to succeed. Have also heard that he would love to go back to UT if he thought he could help the program. 

I don't think he will get the offer and I would love him to get a nice raise and coach at AU until he retires.

42 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Mike Gundy played QB at OSU. He loves it,and he has built that program up piece by piece. The Cowboys have been his life's work. Why would TN think he'd want to leave now when his hard work is starting to pay off? He has everything he wants in Stillwater.  I'd be shocked if he ever left of his own free will.

I agree. Just saying UTENN is desperate and has gone after him. I am willing to bet they will overpay too.

I have a better chance of being UT's next HC than Coach Steele! Just kidding folks!   I just think his name is being tossed out there because he is an alumni at UT and he would be one of the last choices out there. He is a super DC, but is not HC material at this point in his career. He will stay DC at Auburn for the next 2-5 years and retire. He has a good thing going and he knows this.

Gundy could be the man. Honestly, I do not see why UT is not after Norvell at Memphis. He is going to be a super coach and a great find for any team looking to upgrade their HC position.

41 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Steele is not the hire that would make the AD, the alumni, or the fans happy.  Another wild protest.  

Kevin Steele's head coaching resume is even more dismal than Shiano's. Plus his name isn't John Gruden ?

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I agree. Just saying UTENN is desperate and has gone after him. I am willing to bet they will overpay too.

They will..........Gundy is looking at 

Auburn needs to do all they can to make sure coach Steele stays on the om Plains until he retires. We do need a Special Teams coach and a new WR coach.

59 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Grundy will be the guy at UT. Close to 6 million per year.

Born on a Monday?

Coach Steele was HC at Baylor from 1999-2002.  His record was 9-36 overall and 1-31 in the Big 12.  That is his only college HC experience.  Not exactly the type of HC that Tennessee is looking for.  I honestly think Coach Steele is at his last stop.  He will stay as long as Auburn wants him. 

If Steele really wanted to be a HC he'd have already tried again since his Baylor try at it. I'm pretty sure he's had the opportunity at some point.

I think Kiffen would be the perfect fuel for the Tennessee dumpster fire. LOL 

Bo Pelini

It's incredible that Miss St has handled their coach search in a way that should make UT jealous.
Can't see Steele getting in that mess at this stage of his career.

I WILL LOSE MY GOT DANG MIND if another schools complete incompetence and just overall general toxic environment results in the inability to hire a qualified candidate that they have to resort to hiring one of our coaches. Last year it was annoying enough Ole Miss being so radioactive they had to hire a position coach in Crime Dawg to come be their DC. This would be way way way worse. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Auburn needs to do all they can to make sure coach Steele stays on the om Plains until he retires. We do need a Special Teams coach and a new WR coach.

I'm doing it right now.

Coach Steel please please pretty please stay with us!

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

It would depend on where he is in life. If he needs more money and TN offered him $3 or $4 mil a year then I am sure he would listen. I think he is quite happy at the moment. As a matter of fact, during a broadcast earlier this year I think they said this was the best job he has ever had when referring to at any of the colleges he worked for in the past. 

Yes and Ok St has one wealthy oil man that has given over $500 million to modernize football facilities, stadium and etc. If they want Gundy to stay, then I don't think UT has anything for him. (T. Boone Pickens) Money literally grows out of the ground.

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I WILL LOSE MY GOT DANG MIND if another schools complete incompetence and just overall general toxic environment results in the inability to hire a qualified candidate that they have to  hire one of our coaches. Last year it was annoying enough Ole Miss being so radioactive they had to hire a position coach in Crime Dawg to come be their DC. This would be way way way worse. 

Yep, didn't know Gundy had turned it down already. Totally agree that UT is in total disarray. GwillMac6 says it best. Has T Martin been considered?

Just now, auskull said:

Yep, didn't know Gundy had turned it down already. Totally agree that UT is in total disarray. GwillMac6 says it best. Has T Martin been considered?

Apparently not so far. Like how far down the list is he? This is not even bias from me not wanting them to hire away steele. They should absolutely consider Tee before they do kevin steele.

Archived