Tennessee targets DC Kevin Steele

ScottsboroAuburnFan

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, AURex said:

I live in Knoxville. I'm surrounded by the angst, the dismay, the frustration, the anger, the feelings of the locals when UT was relevant, competitive, a national power. I am sympathetic, but part of that is because UT used to be competitive with Bama. I'd like to see that again.

I don't think it's gonna happen real soon. UT is in deep doodoo.

I live here too and it is pathetic. They are completely delusional and stuck in the past. They think they are UT in 1997, not realizing that UT in 2017 is no where close to that. Last night, Johnny Majors said they were the 5th best coaching job in the SEC behind UF, UGA, LSU, and Bama, and ahead of AU of course. They really need some humble pie about who they are right now. 

We can officially remove UT as one of the SEC’s Big 6?  If they can’t lure Doeren away from NCSU then they should be relegated to the same level as the Mississippi schools...maybe lower.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

We can officially remove UT as one of the SEC’s Big 6?  If they can’t lure Doeren away from NCSU then they should be relegated to the same level as the Mississippi schools...maybe lower.

I just think that no coach wants to go deal with that AD that has shown he will fold to anything in hard times. they should fire him before they hire a new coach.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

They are the same as Missouri and Kentucky

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

SIAP, Breaking News.  Kim Jong-un has turned down UT’s head coaching job.

Now that's funny.

You know what isn't funny?   Ark is prob getting worried about filling their vacancy after seeing what is happening in K-ville

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I live here too and it is pathetic. They are completely delusional and stuck in the past. They think they are UT in 1997, not realizing that UT in 2017 is no where close to that. Last night, Johnny Majors said they were the 5th best coaching job in the SEC behind UF, UGA, LSU, and Bama, and ahead of AU of course. They really need some humble pie about who they are right now. 

This is ridiculous..    They need humble pie?   Geesh, just look at their win-loss record over the past 5 yrs.  Consistency?  Look at the recruiting

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Now that's funny.

You know what isn't funny?   Ark is prob getting worried about filling their vacancy after seeing what is happening in K-ville

I’m thinking they are waiting to see the results of this weekend’s game.  If we lose, they will ask Auburn if they can talk to Gus.  If we win, they won’t get permission. Arky would be best suited to look elsewhere. JMO.

16 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Now that's funny.

Why isn't that funny?

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m thinking they are waiting to see the results of this weekend’s game.  If we lose, they will ask Auburn if they can talk to Gus.  If we win, they won’t get permission. Arky would be best suited to look elsewhere. JMO.

Can you really give "permission"? I don't think it is up to the school unless they just want to fire him.

It seems that Ark is prepared to offer him a substantial amount of money in the next few days. They really want him. It is his home. I think we can beat the cash (up to a certain point) but I think Gus knows this is probably his last chance to go to Ark. If he truly wants out, this is it.Gus has all of the leverage at this point.

I also think whter he wins or loses AU will offer him a lot of money. I think he would prefer to stay and add to what he has built here. He has a good team coming back and the AU job is stable (right now haha). 

But Ark is home and they are practically begging him to come. See: home. http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/nov/30/hey-gus-hope-this-letter-finds-you-well/

Don't understand why they wouldn't at least look at Sumlin, or Les Miles(great recruiter) or Strong. Someone to get their program back on the right track! Hope they don't though! Talking about Tn

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Can you really give "permission"? I don't think it is up to the school unless they just want to fire him.

It seems that Ark is prepared to offer him a substantial amount of money in the next few days. They really want him. It is his home. I think we can beat the cash (up to a certain point) but I think Gus knows this is probably his last chance to go to Ark. If he truly wants out, this is it.Gus has all of the leverage at this point.

I also think whter he wins or loses AU will offer him a lot of money. I think he would prefer to stay and add to what he has built here. He has a good team coming back and the AU job is stable (right now haha). 

But Ark is home and they are practically begging him to come. See: home. http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/nov/30/hey-gus-hope-this-letter-finds-you-well/

Asking permission is the right thing to do in this type of situation, they don’t have to.  If they don’t it’s similar to a hostile takeover in business.  We’ll just have to see what transpires.  

Gus doesn’t seem like the type of coach that plays one team against the other, but I’m sure his agent is salivating.   If Gus goes to Arky, he would have shoot himself in the foot.  It would take him awhile to recruit to his standards when he has already developed his team and style at Auburn.

This and; can you really go home again?

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This and; can you really go home again?

I think he wants to stay at AU but we are going to have to pony up bigtime. The numbers that are rumored are staggering. 

21 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think he wants to stay at AU but we are going to have to pony up bigtime. The numbers that are rumored are staggering. 

At the same time he would give up everything he has built. It has taken five years to get to the point where AU has depth to compete with anyone. I don't know if that is possible at Arkansas. AU is also a better destination for assistants which helps when rebuilding a program.

I do agree AU will have to show him some love financially. At the same time he is still young and the earning potential at AU with what he has built is higher five years from now than if he starts over at Arkansas. There is also a reason all our former coaches want to stick around. There is something special about the Auburn area that cannot be replicated in many places. 

53 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Why isn't that funny?

Well, you know.   Embarrassing yes, but not funny if you're them.  I have a soft spot for the hogs.  I never want them to beat us, but I have ties to Ark back when they were doing good in the SWC.

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Well, you know.   Embarrassing yes, but not funny if you're them.  I have a soft spot for the hogs.  I never want them to beat us, but I have ties to Ark back when they were doing good in the SWC.

Ahh, didn't know that about you! 

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Now that's funny.

No, that is funny! 

They have had just as many issues with coaches as anyone.

If the dumpter fire smells like poo, which this one does, it's best to run away real fast. 

No one wants this, now terrible, UT job.  No way Steele signs up for that mess over there...

So their latest target is Sumlin...which is probably who they should've started with.  He can at least get them to be a solid 9 win team and if he ever figures out the importance of defense and a running game, then watch out.

3 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

At the same time he would give up everything he has built. It has taken five years to get to the point where AU has depth to compete with anyone. I don't know if that is possible at Arkansas. AU is also a better destination for assistants which helps when rebuilding a program.

5 years and the talent level from AU when he took over and arky now are very far apart. I would be shocked if he leaves. 

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

No, UT will always be part of the big 6.

Doeren has now officially turned UT down. I think they're going to have to sink down to the OC/DC level to find someone to say yes.

Archived