Auburn #2 in latest CFP rankings

AUDub

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

he'll play

Well, we should offer to play the game at Sanford Stadium.... ;)tired of hearing the neutral field stuff from Georgia folks. Never realized that it gave the beat down opportunity I saw three weeks ago.

Thanks brother Golf 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember that was when the media controlled it thru their polls. That’s exactly why the P5 commissioners took control . To assure that never happens again. Personally I agree. Either win you conference or you have no gripe. Put the best from at least 4 of the conferences to go head to head.

Yep. Should put an end to the perennial bickering about which conference is the strongest with the cross-contests.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well, we should offer to play the game at Sanford Stadium.... ;)tired of hearing the neutral field stuff from Georgia folks. Never realized that it gave the beat down opportunity I saw three weeks ago.

Thanks brother Golf 

Heck uat is claiming the same thing lol pretty sure Vegas just gives 3 points advantage for homefield and neither was in that range ?

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember that was when the media controlled it thru their polls. That’s exactly why the P5 commissioners took control . To assure that never happens again. Personally I agree. Either win you conference or you have no gripe. Put the best from at least 4 of the conferences to go head to head.

Until you can win yourself into the playoffs and win the championship without having to have someone vote for you we will always have problems.  I understand there are issues with polling and things like that in basketball but there are definitive ways to ensure you are in the field of 64.  Either win your conference or your conference tournament.  Until football makes it clear how exactly the path is we will continue to have these issues.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks brother Golf 

They just can't get over the fact that Coach SMART doomed them with his initial inane "Oh, the crowd doesn't matter anyway..." comment. He won't say it again. But, as the thread about the Bama fan's positive Auburn Iron Bowl experience elaborated, if West Vance is used to elevator music on gameday, then no wonder.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Until you can win yourself into the playoffs and win the championship without having to have someone vote for you we will always have problems.  I understand there are issues with polling and things like that in basketball but there are definitive ways to ensure you are in the field of 64.  Either win your conference or your conference tournament.  Until football makes it clear how exactly the path is we will continue to have these issues.

I agree and I think they are headed in that direction. I still think a 6 team play off is the answer the 5 P5  champions and 1 from the others and independents. Use the committee to set 1 thru 6 . 3-6 play in at the higher ranked field right after conf championship week. Then he he final four like it is now. No one can argue about records . Would be just like the pros.

I was thinking 4, maybe 3, nice to be 2.

Just take of our business and let the others figure the rest out.

WDE! 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I can’t take it. Anyone have a sleeping pill that would knock me out from now until Saturday at 3?

Just read Golf's post history

4 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I can’t take it. Anyone have a sleeping pill that would knock me out from now until Saturday at 3?

I have one with a 3:15 wake up call.........we will be up by 10 then 

30 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree and I think they are headed in that direction. I still think a 6 team play off is the answer the 5 P5  champions and 1 from the others and independents. Use the committee to set 1 thru 6 . 3-6 play in at the higher ranked field right after conf championship week. Then he he final four like it is now. No one can argue about records . Would be just like the pros.

My opinion is if you win you’re in.  UCF not getting in is a mess.  Not that they deserve it but if they can win all their games and still not get in them why so many teams.  

I give credit where credit is due.  Bear Bryant had the right idea trying to get the CFA or whatever it was called established to get out from under the NCAA.  Take the 64 teams that really have a shot and divide them geographically into 8 conferences.   Take the 8 champs and seed them that gives the press their reason for keeping up with all teams still.  Then play an 8 team playoff. Also could rotate conference challenges like big south vs Mississippi valley conf or whatever the names may be.  

After this weekend Clemson 1, Auburn 2, Bama 3 and somebody is 4.

We play Bama again and win, then play Clemson again and win. 

Everyone then agrees that we are #1 for this year and next year by default.

4 minutes ago, AUWALT said:

I want the top 4 to remain the way it is. Let bammer play in the sugar bowl vs tcu.

I want the top 4 to remain the same. I want to play Oklahoma, beat them, the beat the snot out of Clemson. War Eagle!

42 minutes ago, alexava said:

I want the top 4 to remain the way it is. Let bammer play in the sugar bowl vs tcu.

I agree with your sentiment but it won’t be the Sugar. Sugar is one of the playoff games. More likely bama gets loser of ACC championship in Orange.

The Top 4 are all Auburns 3 most recent OOC Losses

REVENGE TOUR!!!!!!

mwz4Ha.gif

3 hours ago, Jaxr29 said:

The Top 4 are all Auburns 3 most recent OOC Losses

REVENGE TOUR!!!!!!

mwz4Ha.gif

Yep, said this the other day in another thread. I want it to stay just as it is with maybe us moving to 1 and play wisky first.

11 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I'd like to please hear every scenario for West Vance missing out. I'll start. 

1. Committee, nation, universe fatigue.

No upsets in conference championships Saturday.

Its dangerous to be overlooking UGA. Given the outcome of the first game, this is prime for upset. We are better but this is football and KJ is injured. Hopefully Gus will have them pumped....again.

4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Yep, said this the other day in another thread. I want it to stay just as it is with maybe us moving to 1 and play wisky first.

Yeah the Gus Bus just got an Engine Upgrade.

A Badger won’t be be that big of a deal just a little speed bump but damn we’re starting to dirty up the bus with the pup and crimson puddle we left behind.

15 hours ago, AUWALT said:

Uat would still claim we got an advantage because we were the home team and they beat theirselves.Oh and we drugged their refs so they couldn’t get away with all their holding. I swear if we started making everyone wear boxing gloves the turds would be below .500 every year .

Archived