Matt Lauer is the latest to fall over sexual misconduct allegations

TitanTiger

I said a week or so ago that if any prominent man had skeletons like this in his closet, he better get ahead of it - publicly apologize for past behavior immediately and at the same time make personal apologies privately to anyone you can specifically remember.  It doesn't appear that Matt got the memo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/business/media/nbc-matt-lauer.html

The alleged assault happened three years ago at the Sochi Olympics in Russia.  And apparently the NY Times and Variety magazine had been investigating Lauer on this stuff for a few weeks to a couple of months when the victim decided to come forward to NBC management.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt-lauer-allegedly-sexually-assaulted-female-staffer-during-olympics/

"Giving sex toys and telling a co-worker how he wanted to use the toys on her."

Drops his pants and demands sex act. Threatens retribution for not following thru.

"The Lauer Game: ****, Marry, or Kill" for identifying his co-anchors and co-workers...

******* Wow......

Lauer may set a new standard for creepiness.

Lauer will not be missed by some of his co-workers. Former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann tweeted: “Matt Lauer was remorselessly vindictive and tyrannical to everyone at NBC News and management repeatedly enabled him and buried the issue.”

Numerous other current and past “Today” staffers also expressed surprise at NBC chief Lack’s claim that this was the first complaint against Lauer in 20 years, with one insider telling us, “Everybody knew about Matt’s behavior, and everyone had to put up with it because he was so powerful, and well protected by management.”

But an NBC spokesperson said, “We can say unequivocally that, prior to Monday night, current NBC News management was never made aware of any complaints about Matt Lauer’s conduct.”

A spokesperson for former NBC News boss Jeff Zucker, who now runs CNN, also insisted there were no complaints about Lauer under his reign. 

You can read management's line of BS falling apart already. Especially Zucker.

Its official, he did set the new LOW in creepiness.

'They all knew': Media elites roared in laughter at obscene 2008 'roast' sending up Matt Lauer's office sexcapades

Last week, NBC’s own Joe Scarborough, who attended the roast but said he left early, feeling uncomfortable, brought it up on “Morning Joe.” Lauer’s peccadillos, he said, were not just known about. At the roast, they were celebrated.

“The whole theme was that he does the show and then he has sex with people, with employees,” Scarborough said. “So was this whispered behind closed doors? No. It was shouted from the mountaintops and everybody laughed about it.”

Speaker Martha Stewart joked, “I hear NBC executives call Matt the ‘Cock of the Rock,'” according to The Voice.

Another of the roast’s speakers was current CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker --- then the chairman of NBC Universal -- who last week adamantly denied that he had any ideaabout Lauer’s in-office sexcapades.

“It’s just good to see Matt up here and not under my desk,” Zucker said from the podium. “I don’t want to say Matt is a germophobe, but he’s the only guy I know who uses Purell both before and after he masturbates.”

Zucker also made a pointed allusion to Lauer’s marital problems.

“Matt was having some trouble at home with the wife,” he said. “He was sleeping on Bryant Gumbel’s couch.” Lauer and Gumbel,  a former “Today” host who is black, are known to be close friends. “What’s more boring than that?” Zucker joked. “Two white men watching golf.”

But the most cringeworthy comments, in hindsight, were made by Lauer himself, who spoke at the end of the roast. The “Today” star alluded to sex with two former colleagues, Couric and Curry.

“Let me just say that I saw that colon a lot before the rest of you saw it,” Lauer said in an anal sex joke about Couric (who famously underwent a colonoscopy on air).

But the twice-married Lauer wasn’t finished joking about sleeping with female contemporaries.

“What’s with all the small-d--- jokes? It was fun to look over and see Ann Curry laughing… like she doesn’t know how big my d--- really is,” Lauer said, wrapping up an event that The Village Voice called “three hours of d--- jokes.”

Archived