Ohio State or Bama?

weathergeakal

Ohio State or Bama?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Ohio State or Bama?

• Ohio State
    • Bama

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

Miss State didn't play much worse against Auburn than Georgia did and Georgia is the #6 team right now. . 

Neither did Louisiana Monroe. Hell, why are we comparing which team bent over and took it the hardest? We beat MSU by 39 points...

7 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Miss's backup is a JUCO who had already started like 5 games. I'd argue that Ta'amu is about as good as Shea Patterson has been.

Hot take. Shea Patterson was top three in the SEC before he went down.  The Ta’amu guy is going to waste away his collegiate eligibility backing up Shea.

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Do you think that if both Shea Patterson and Nick Fitzgerald had been able to play in the game that Ole Miss would have still won? I don't.....  Fitzgerald is more important to Miss State's team. Fitzgerald was less than 100 yards from breaking Cam Newton's SEC QB rushing record.

Maybe. Maybe not. As I said though, the team isn’t all that solid if the team can lose a rivalry game against a bottom of the barrel Ole Miss team that only had 5 wins at the time. If anything it was hanging on by a thread and the thread being the starting QB. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Neither did Louisiana Monroe. Hell, why are we comparing which team bent over and took it the hardest? We beat MSU by 39 points...

Hot take. Shea Patterson was top three in the SEC before he went down.  The Ta’amu guy is going to waste away his collegiate eligibility backing up Shea.

Maybe. Maybe not. As I said though, the team isn’t all that solid if the team can lose a rivalry game against a bottom of the barrel Ole Miss team that only had 5 wins at the time. If anything it was hanging on by a thread and the thread being the starting QB. 

Hanging by a thread?

Miss State won 7 of their 8 games by double digits. They beat LSU and Texas A&M worse than we did. Just because we beat them by 39 points doesn't mean Miss State is not a good team. Since we beat Georgia by 23 points, I guess that means Georgia's not a very good team using your logic. Following your logic would mean that Auburn should not be in the top 4 since we have 2 losses and our best wins are over overrated Georgia and overrated Alabama teams

I mean Miss State almost beat Alabama right? So us beating Alabama shouldn't be looked at as anything special.

26 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Since we beat Georgia by 23 points, I guess that means Georgia's not a very good team using your logic.

It means that Georgia cannot be the number 1 team for sure. And it means that we are simply just better than Georgia. I never said that Georgia wasn’t a solid team though so. The “logic” that you’re using is something I’ve never argued. Miss State has received a couple bad whoopings ( by Auburn by 39, which is pretty damn bad) but the loss to Ole Miss also has to be taken into consideration. 

Miss State won 7 of their 8 games by double digits. They beat LSU and Texas A&M worse than we did.

They did beat LSU, while LSU was in a slump very early in the season. That is about all they did. They also only beat Arkansas by only a TD and only beat UMass by 11.

Following your logic would mean that Auburn should not be in the top 4 since we have 2 losses

I’ve never advanced such logic. I don’t think you know what the word “logic” means. 

I mean Miss State almost beat Alabama right? So us beating Alabama shouldn't be looked at as anything special.

If this is your “logic”, I can see the problem now. 

Whatever the case, agree to disagree, friend. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It means that Georgia cannot be the number 1 team for sure. And it means that we are simply just better than Georgia. I never said that Georgia wasn’t a solid team though so. The “logic” that you’re using is something I’ve never argued. 

They did beat LSU, while LSU was in a slump very early in the season. That is about all they did. They also only beat Arkansas by only a TD and only beat UMass by 11.

I’ve never advanced such logic. I don’t think you know what the word “logic” means. 

If this is your “logic”, I can see the problem now. 

Whatever the case, agree to disagree, friend. 

It's not my "logic". I don't agree that Georgia is overrated or Alabama is overrated. That's not my view. What I've been doing in my responses with you is arguing from the position you're taking with Miss State...... I'm showing how absurd your "logic" is about Miss State when you apply it to other teams based solely off of a couple of games. 

We only beat Mercer by 14 points. You can nitpick at things all you want. The logic that Miss State isn't/wasn't a good team this season based off of the 2 or 3 games you've highlighted doesn't validate your argument.

30 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

It's not my "logic". I don't agree that Georgia is overrated or Alabama is overrated. That's not my view. What I've been doing in my responses with you is arguing from the position you're taking with Miss State...... I'm showing how absurd your "logic" is about Miss State when you apply it to other teams based solely off of a couple of games. 

We only beat Mercer by 14 points. You can nitpick at things all you want. The logic that Miss State isn't/wasn't a good team this season based off of the 2 or 3 games you've highlighted doesn't validate your argument.

They beat LSU by 20 in week 3 before LSU turned it around during the Auburn game. Other than playing admirably against a softened and injured Bammer defense, what else did they do other than get blown out by the two best teams in the conference and lose to one of last placed teams in the conference? Between the Auburn and UGA games, the combined score would be 80-13. Yikes!! So let me ask you, do you consider Auburn’s and Georgia’s football teams good? If so, how on God’s green earth can you put Auburn, UGA, and Mississippi State in the same category when the H2H matchups clearly show a distinct hierarchy? 

My view is based on the way Mississippi State performed against Auburn, UGA, Ole Miss, Arkansas( which I don’t know if you know this, they also sucked,) and UMass. “Couple games”  isn’t the equivalent of a five game sample size. 

If you want to draw any conclusions from Moo State beating up on Kentucky or BYU, go right ahead. 

If I happily point out that Mississippi State was the 4th best in the SECw, will that make you happy? Let's move on.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They beat LSU by 20 in week 3. The same LSU which lost to Troy a week later. Other than playing admirably against a softened and injured Bammer defense, what else did they do other than get blown out by the two best teams in the conference and lose to one of last placed teams in the conference? 

My view is based on the way Mississippi State performed against Auburn, UGA, Ole Miss, Arkansas( which I don’t know if you know this, they also sucked,) and UMass. “Couple games”  isn’t the equivalent of a five game sample size. 

If you want to draw any conclusions from Moo State beating up on Kentucky or BYU, go right ahead. 

If I happily point out that Mississippi State was the 4th best in the SECw, will that make you happy? Let's move on.

They beat LSU by 30. They beat Texas A&M by 21. They had some decent wins. They would have beaten Ole Miss had Fitzgerald not gotten hurt. 

I find it odd that you take exception to saying Miss State is a good/solid team. I've never tried to make out that Miss State is a great team or even borderline great. Just saying that they're a good/solid team is giving them too much credit in your view. 

You argue about all this yet at the same time argue that Ohio State should get into the playoffs for beating a Wisconsin team who's best win right now is over an 8-4 Michigan team who was playing their 3rd string QB against them. Give me a break..........

Miss State would probably be 10-2 or 11-1 if they had Wisconsin's schedule. 

6 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

They beat LSU by 30. They beat Texas A&M by 21. They had some decent wins.

Their only decent win is against LSU.  Beating a 7-5 team which just fired their HC is about as “decent” as beating Kentucky as they both have the same amount of wins. Might as well claim beating them as your proof that MSU was good as well. 

find it odd that you take exception to saying Miss State is a good/solid team

I disagree with it; I don’t find exception with it. I think they are an average team in a weak conference and had a very low ceiling all year long even with Fitz. I pointed out five different games which showed how average their production was, and you point out two games, one against a struggling LSU, and another against a foe that just fired their coach. 

You argue about all this yet at the same time argue that Ohio State should get into the playoffs

Read the thread again and link where I said this. I explicitly said I could make a case for Bama to both, be left out of the playoff, and to be included into the playoff. I did point out that there are two key distinctions with Ohio State that the committee must consider: 1 they will have the quality win against Wisconsin ( which Bama won’t have) 2.and a conference championship (which Bama won’t have.) So you have a one loss team that is deserving and undeserving (weak SOS, no SECCG, failed eye test at times) at the same time, and a two loss Ohio State that is deserving only if they beat Wisconsin. 

Miss State would probably be 10-2 or 11-1 if they had Wisconsin's schedule.

1. If I wanted to know about if, woulda, coulda, and shoulda, I’d ask about them. 2. Why is Wisconsin’s schedule even relevant to the topic? You keep throwing red herring into the argument and they distract from the flow of the conversation. The Big 10 is weak  just like tbe SEC is weak, save for the top three or four. 

14 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I have friend who's dad used to go the BJCC when the Updykes played exhibitions against the old USSR national team and he would run around going nuts for the Russians.  He was an Auburn aerospace engineer and worked at Redstone, literally a rocket scientist, but he was absolutely crazy about Auburn and HATED bammer.

Image result for alabama russia basketball game

I was at BJCC that night for those two games. There was a rather large group of us Auburn fans there and cheering for the Russians. We fussed at the concession stand people because they didn't have any Russian flags for sale. It was a fine night in The 'Ham.

16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Their only decent win is against LSU.  Beating a 7-5 team which just fired their HC is about as “decent” as beating Kentucky as they both have the same amount of wins. Might as well claim beating them as your proof that MSU was good as well. 

I disagree with it; I don’t find exception with it. I think they are an average team in a weak conference and had a very low ceiling all year long even with Fitz. I pointed out five different games which showed how average their production was, and you point out two games, one against a struggling LSU, and another against a foe that just fired their coach. 

Read the thread again and link where I said this. I explicitly said I could make a case for Bama to both, be left out of the playoff, and to be included into the playoff. I did point out that there are two key distinctions with Ohio State that the committee must consider: 1 they will have the quality win against Wisconsin ( which Bama won’t have) 2.and a conference championship (which Bama won’t have.) So you have a one loss team that is deserving and undeserving (weak SOS, no SECCG, failed eye test at times) at the same time, and a two loss Ohio State that is deserving only if they beat Wisconsin. 

1. If I wanted to know about if, woulda, coulda, and shoulda, I’d ask about them. 2. Why is Wisconsin’s schedule even relevant to the topic? You keep throwing red herring into the argument and they distract from the flow of the conversation. The Big 10 is weak  just like tbe SEC is weak, save for the top three or four. 

Why is Wisconsin's schedule relevant? Because you want to discredit Miss State for beating weak teams and dismiss Miss State as an average team.

Let me ask it another way, what do you think Wisconsin's record would be if they played Miss State's schedule? I think Wisconsin would be 9-3 or 10-2 at best. They would have definitely lost to Auburn, Alabama, and probably Georgia. Miss State lost to all 3 of those teams and finished 8-4. I feel confident that Wisconsin would have been blown out at least 1 time if they played all 3 of those teams. 

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Why is Wisconsin's schedule relevant? Because you want to discredit Miss State for beating weak teams and dismiss Miss State as an average team.

Let me ask it another way, what do you think Wisconsin's record would be if they played Miss State's schedule? I think Wisconsin would be 9-3 or 10-2 at best. They would have definitely lost to Auburn, Alabama, and probably Georgia. Miss State lost to all 3 of those teams and finished 8-4. I feel confident that Wisconsin would have been blown out at least 1 time if they played all 3 of those teams. 

K,  night.

Archived