Tennessee to hire Purdue's Jeff Brohm

triangletiger

No deal according to ESPN. Now going after Doeren at NC State. Is there something worse than a dumpster fire cause that's what UT is at this point, at every level of their football administration. 

14 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

No deal according to ESPN. Now going after Doeren at NC State. Is there something worse than a dumpster fire cause that's what UT is at this point, at every level of their football administration. 

Maybe its just me but I'm putting this on the fans who allowed Clay Travis to stampede them into their protest.   Though I guess kat has somewhat of a point...maybe it ought to be on the administration..... after all it was them who let about 100 people and a couple of publicity seeking pols push them into this mess.  

It's gonna cause them to grossly over-pay to get someone to come to work for this spineless organization.  JMO

1) They need to fire the AD too. Who will they get? No idea but this guy needs to be toast. 

2) They need to stop the leaks to Clay Travis and every other media outlet. It needs to be done in 100% secrecy from this point on and only announce it when the INK IS DRY. Don't tell ANYONE. 

This makes JJ look like the best AD ever. 

The NC State coach is sounding more likely.....apparently he was almost out the door earlier before a few good wins but contract discussions reported by Charlotte paper to be at stalemate so maybe UT is in the picture. ...get him on the rebound perhaps?

1 hour ago, wakeriderof87 said:

Supposedly they reached a deal with Brohm, then the chancellor refused it and they offered brohm smaller contract.  Of course Brohm walked.

No way Currie survives this right?

This looks really bad on Currie. Kinda feel bad for the guy. He did bring Schiano in through the back door though and that set up the fallout. But having rich tradition in football and getting turned down by a Purdue football coach doesn’t mix and that’s not all on Currie. 

Actually, I'm kinda surprised that Chizik has not been mentioned for any of these jobs. He has a BCS championship ring and although fired by Auburn, did okay as defensive coordinator at UNC. But maybe at this point, he's just happy being retired. After all, he's 55 and a multi-millionaire. As Ronald Reagan once said, "Hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?"

I just don't want UT to get down their list to Steele, because they've already contacted him. I want to keep Steele at Auburn.

Weird. Why don't they go after Chad Morris, Brent Venables, or Scott Frost????? All great hires. Hell talk to Tee Martin. 

Tennessee seems like a mess right now

Guess I am not blaming Currie that much.    Someone hired him to do a job and then cut him off at the knees. If I were him I would force UT to fire me ...take my money...and let the mob sort it out. JMO.

Not so fast my friends. They have talked with David Cutcliffe, Mike Gundy, Chad Morris, Kevin Steele, Jeff Brohm and are now looking at NC State’s Dave Doeren!!! The roof the roof the roof is on fire, we don’t need that mother................. well you guys know the rest.

Sources tell @WRAL the deal on the table for Doeren from NC State is for five years at about $3 million per year, plus incentives. It also offers N

I don’t know what the Tennessee numbers look like for Dave Doeren but @PackAthletics upped their offer to 5 years at 3 million per year w/ incentives. Currently earns 2.2 mill. Also an increase to salary pool for assistants.

Tennessee screwed up royally letting the details of the proposed Gundy package leak ($7M/year for six years). Every prospective coach knows how much money UT has.

9 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Tennessee screwed up royally letting the details of the proposed Gundy package leak ($7M/year for six years). Every prospective coach knows how much money UT has.

What part of this firing and search has Tennessee not screwed up?  This is the craziest coaching search fiasco I have ever seen. 

5 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Mike Norvell would be a home run hire for them but they’re striking out 

They are too stubborn and arrogant to hire a coach from another in-state school.  

Tee Martin may be one of a few that would take it....and even he may not. Crazy stuff in the Big K.

Archived