Tennessee to hire Purdue's Jeff Brohm

triangletiger

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

They are too stubborn and arrogant to hire a coach from another in-state school.  

Won’t be surprised if he’s plan B for

arky

Big Orange Dumpster fire in the most pure sense. Nobody wants it. Surprised Sumlin / Miles have not been contacted yet. 

Sumlin was just named as a target.  

Les Miles might be the perfect candidate up there.  Late in his career and a chance to put a big name program back in the tracks before going out.  Still have to deal with bammer though.  

If you're going to hire crazy, might as well hire crazy that already understands the SEC in Miles. Leach likely won't go well if hired. I live in Big Orange country and the rapid fire face palming is hilarious. 

To be fair, we were all having a hoot with UAT’s coaching search in December 2006, when Rich Rod turned them down. Not saying Leach is Saban caliber but still.

On 11/29/2017 at 3:47 PM, gr82b4au said:

This makes JJ look like the best AD ever. 

I don't know if I put him at the best, but he sure looks compared to Currie.

20 hours ago, around4ever said:

What part of this firing and search has Tennessee not screwed up?  This is the craziest coaching search fiasco I have ever seen. 

I agree.

Tennessee: Vols AD John Currie has been fired, according to a tweet from Chynna Greene of WVLT-TV in Knoxville.

Twitter world.?  Time will tell

Somebody has to get the blame for this mess...might as well be him....so now they need an AD and a coach...:nopityA:

8 minutes ago, ausburn said:

Tennessee: Vols AD John Currie has been fired, according to a tweet from Chynna Greene of WVLT-TV in Knoxville.

Twitter world.?  Time will tell

Local TV news station in Knoxville

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Tennessee-fires-John-Currie-461271603.html

2 minutes ago, ausburn said:

Maybe thread title should be changed to Never Ending Story... Tennessee search

I was coming here to basically say the same thing. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost. 

Tennessee: If the Vols fired AD John Currie for cause they potentially owe him nothing. However, Jesse Simonton tweets, per his contract, if he is being fired for convenience, the Vols owe his $100,000 for each of the next 54 months (for those slow at math, that’s $5.4 million). Clearly John Currie leaned on his friend Jeff Long’s advice when structuring his contract.

Archived