Ole Miss Sanctions

ausburn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I wonder if it was telling that OM promoted their interim HC to HC in advance of this news?  The best they could do.

I'm not expecting much from the NCAA. But ol miss is a school that would probably get hammered while others do as they please. Plus they did beat bama 2 years in a row. Never good when it comes to NCAA investigations 

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'm not expecting much from the NCAA. But ol miss is a school that would probably get hammered while others do as they please. Plus they did beat bama 2 years in a row. Never good when it comes to NCAA investigations 

They are getting hammered. Matt Luke is their HC.

As expected... they've probably had these sanctions ready to roll for months, but they wanted to give the current players a chance to play out there season and a whole off-season to find somewhere else to go.

Any players we wouldn't mind picking up?

I don't think the NCAA will do much more than Ole Miss self imposed.   

Ill go with a 15 scholarship reduction.  Too much SEC money for them to miss another bowl and the NCAA is likely getting a little scared given recent basketball events.  

As a reminder for those who may not have been around...If the fellow from the NCAA that announces the sanctions passes out?  It's probably not going to be a very good day for anyone in red, white and blue...

Image result for david berst smu

27 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

The fact that we've had to wait this long makes me think it's going to be less than everyone expects. LOL 

Like the pols in DC....announced it on a Friday when everyone is gone...or in this case, is in Atlanta getting ready for the championship.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Like the pols in DC....announced it on a Friday when everyone is gone...or in this case, is in Atlanta getting ready for the championship.

Exactly.

Ole Miss buddy just messaged me they're getting the death penalty... Came here for details. Anyone? Not sure if he was just being negative Nancy...

1 minute ago, looney said:

Ole Miss buddy just messaged me they're getting the death penalty... Came here for details. Anyone? Not sure if he was just being negative Nancy...

doubt that

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

doubt that

It's not good. 

The core penalties, per a source close to Ole Miss:

• An additional bowl-ban year (2018).
  • Because of that total two-year bowl ban, NCAA rules state Ole Miss players are now free to transfer elsewhere without sitting out a season.
  • Probation running concurrently with current probation for a total of four years.
  • Financial penalties.
  • A total scholarship reduction of 13 over a period of years. That’s in addition to the 11 over four years that Ole Miss self-imposed, which already meant three or four fewer scholarship players per year.
  • Every coach named in the NCAA’s investigation has received a show-cause (essentially an NCAA blackball for a period of time). That doesn’t include new head coach Matt Luke, who wasn’t named. Former assistant David Saunders’ show-cause runs for eight years. Former staffer Barney Farrar faces five.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/1/16512428/ole-miss-ncaa-sanctions-penalties-investigation

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It's not good. 

The core penalties, per a source close to Ole Miss:

• An additional bowl-ban year (2018).
  • Because of that total two-year bowl ban, NCAA rules state Ole Miss players are now free to transfer elsewhere without sitting out a season.
  • Probation running concurrently with current probation for a total of four years.
  • Financial penalties.
  • A total scholarship reduction of 13 over a period of years. That’s in addition to the 11 over four years that Ole Miss self-imposed, which already meant three or four fewer scholarship players per year.
  • Every coach named in the NCAA’s investigation has received a show-cause (essentially an NCAA blackball for a period of time). That doesn’t include new head coach Matt Luke, who wasn’t named. Former assistant David Saunders’ show-cause runs for eight years. Former staffer Barney Farrar faces five.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/1/16512428/ole-miss-ncaa-sanctions-penalties-investigation

Sounds about right thanks barn. Ole Miss is going to be in a mess for a number of years. 

On top of all that, the knowledge that my buddy, one of their biggest fans, is a bit of a drama queen. Got it. Haha...

Not a "death penalty" by SMU standards, but the loss of scholarships, in addition to the freedom for players to transfer is a big, big deal. This is a bad, bad result for Ole Miss. I'm expecting Bjork, and probably Vitter to be fired shortly. 

13 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

The fact that we've had to wait this long makes me think it's going to be less than everyone expects. LOL 

We had to wait this long to protect the innocent players. Had they pulled the trigger pre-season, those kids would have been left flapping in the wind. Now if what's being said is true, they can find a new home.

So Mullen made a wise move but did Florida? This could get more interesting. Karma for the Cam mess? 

Archived