ausburn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It's not good. 

The core penalties, per a source close to Ole Miss:

• An additional bowl-ban year (2018).
  • Because of that total two-year bowl ban, NCAA rules state Ole Miss players are now free to transfer elsewhere without sitting out a season.
  • Probation running concurrently with current probation for a total of four years.
  • Financial penalties.
  • A total scholarship reduction of 13 over a period of years. That’s in addition to the 11 over four years that Ole Miss self-imposed, which already meant three or four fewer scholarship players per year.
  • Every coach named in the NCAA’s investigation has received a show-cause (essentially an NCAA blackball for a period of time). That doesn’t include new head coach Matt Luke, who wasn’t named. Former assistant David Saunders’ show-cause runs for eight years. Former staffer Barney Farrar faces five.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/1/16512428/ole-miss-ncaa-sanctions-penalties-investigation

We need to keep this list handy and then make billboards with it around the state of Alabama when Emmert/Saban finally decide to retire.

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So Mullen made a wise move but did Florida? This could get more interesting. Karma for the Cam mess? 

I'm not going to hold my breath. He seems to have a knack for walking away from obvious indiscretions. 

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not going to hold my breath. He seems to have a knack for walking away from obvious indiscretions. 

Not sure how this affects Mullen???

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Not sure how this affects Mullen???

You have to read the article.  Apparently the NCAA is focusing on the testimony of the player who also said Mississippi State paid him.

Bryan Matthews Retweeted

Per sources, Ole Miss was hit very hard by the NCAA COI. Still some confusion regarding scholarship totals, but the sanctions are very severe. 2-year bowl ban, show causes, vacated wins, etc. More at @RebelGrove https://olemiss.forums.rivals.com/threads/ole-miss-hit-hard.161405/ 

13 additional scholarschips on top of the 11 already self imposed. 

Will we be looking at the QB that finished the season?  We do pretty good with QBs on the after market.

.....meanwhile bammer just keeps chugging along, saying "rules? we don't need no stinking rules...".  :-\

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So is that a total of 24 of 4 years? That would be equivalent to an entire recruiting cycle

It will cripple them for this one. They won't be fully recovered until the cycle after the next (8+ years).

Wonder if we poach any transfers. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

.....meanwhile bammer just keeps chugging along, saying "rules? we don't need no stinking rules...".  :-\

Everyone in this conference does 70 in a 55. Ole Miss blew by everyone at 95 in a fire engine red lambo. They were guaranteed to get caught.

No matter what Luke is being paid it ain't near enough considering what has ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No matter what Luke is being paid it ain't near enough considering what has ahead of him.

It seems he is going to be a place holder.  Similar to Kiffen at USC.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It seems he is going to be a place holder.  Similar to Kiffen at USC.

Probably...but for 5 years ?.....all those scholarly losses will be hard to make up...don't have the recruiting power of USCw.

Equivalent to a good Sun Belt team for quite a while.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So is that a total of 24 of 4 years? That would be equivalent to an entire recruiting cycle

I think there is still some speculation over how the reductions will be spread out. I don't think its clear yet whether they will run concurrent with the 11 already self-imposed. Either way, you add those together with any current scholarship players who may leave, it is potentially devastating.  

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

what it looks like. I think we can count on a certain win against Ole Miss for a long time

20 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Everyone in this conference does 70 in a 55. Ole Miss blew by everyone at 95 in a fire engine red lambo. They were guaranteed to get caught.

That's actually a most excellent retort.  Well played!

War Eagle.....I still hate bammer. :cheers:

37 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

what it looks like. I think we can count on a certain win against Ole Miss for a long time

We need a vandy in the west too

10 minutes ago, TNtiger55 said:

Does the transfer rule only apply to rising seniors?

Some speculation about whether it applies only to players whose eligibility runs during the bowl ban.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Good, because we're about to get a North Mississippi Community College. 

Now that's funny and true. 

Archived