Ole Miss Sanctions

ausburn

17 minutes ago, TNtiger55 said:

Does the transfer rule only apply to rising seniors?

Yes.  Only seniors in 2018 can transfer without sitting out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I don't think the NCAA will do much more than Ole Miss self imposed.   

Ill go with a 15 scholarship reduction.  Too much SEC money for them to miss another bowl and the NCAA is likely getting a little scared given recent basketball events.  

Just think, it was about two years ago, Ole Miss whips bama two years in a row and they are sitting pretty. Then, the grim reaper, (aka, the ncaa) probably being prodded by the REC, comes calling and so Xanadu came crashing down.

13 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Just think, it was about two years ago, Ole Miss whips bama two years in a row and they are sitting pretty. Then, the grim reaper, (aka, the ncaa) probably being prodded by the REC, comes calling and so Xanadu came crashing down.

Ole Miss was walking around with a blinking sign on their back that said "WE'RE CHEATING SANCTION US PLEASE"

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I wonder now what happens to MSU? The ncaa didn't seem interested in dealing with them during the Cam fiasco. Now they will have to.

That's what's sad... the NCAA doesn't have to do anything. They have zero oversight.

22 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You could start with the first name on their roster, that kid is a handful to cover....

Image result for aj brown catch

Nope he's staying unfortunately 

It's a shame too

Every time the Mississippi schools get good, you can count on them getting nailed by the NCAA about 2 or 3 years later.  Right now it's Ole Miss.  In 2 years it'll be MSU.  Can't tell you how many times that's happened over the years.

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Ole Miss was walking around with a blinking sign on their back that said "WE'RE CHEATING SANCTION US PLEASE"

Well, when the Assistant Athletic Director is heavily involved in football recruiting to the point that he becomes Freezes #2 recruiter on the staff and he proceeds to and orchestrates a Booster/Recruit/Player scheme right out of his dang office for years then red flags are bound to pop up.

Freeze knew 100% what Farrar was doing.  Freeze even commented in the COI hearings that he was shocked when he got to OM and saw the levels some "Boosters" would go to interject themselves in the OM football program.

27 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Nope he's staying unfortunately 

This is a good thing. 

I hope every one of those kids go the same route (although I could understand why they might not).  The lessons learned will far exceed what most will gain on the football field.  The best thing is almost never easy, especially when you didn't even create the crummy circumstances.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's what's sad... the NCAA doesn't have to do anything. They have zero oversight.

Thanks alot. I was hoping you would make my day and tell me the ncaa would probably hammer the dawgs so bad you would see them featured in one of those aspca psa's they seem to run every 15 seconds.

But, after Leo Lewis spilled the beans about State giving him a large sum of money, I just don't see the ncaa turning a blind eye.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Thanks alot. I was hoping you would make my day and tell me the ncaa would probably hammer the dawgs so bad you would see them featured in one of those aspca psa's they seem to run every 15 seconds.

But, after Leo Lewis spilled the beans about State giving him a large sum of money, I just don't see the ncaa turning a blind eye.

I understand he got a "get out of jail free"  pass to tell his story.....maybe nothing happens to him or State.?

Archived