Heron and adios Lebo

tigeraddikt

Dang we have talent on the floor. Heron plays so smooth and under such control. Bryce Brown has developed into a complete player, and our guard play has been outstanding. Okeke is young, but talented with such a high ceiling. Barring injury, I really think Heron and Bama's Sexton will be a 2-horse race for SEC POY. It's great to be good at basketball again! (I know it's early, and we flamed out during conference play last season, but we're deeper and more talented this year.) Fingers crossed...

Also, I read yesterday where Lebo just up-and-quit abruptly after a rough start at ECU this season. He had like 1 decent year there early on where they won 20-something games and elected to go to some scrub post-season tourney, but he's been under .500 for the past several seasons. I think the quote was that he was essentially burnt-out on coaching and wanted to do something else. He seemed to be a decent guy, so I wish him well in whatever life holds for him next.

Last night was the kind of game we blew leads last year and lost.

lots of improvement across the team.  Spencer seems to be about where he was.  I’d hoped to see a more consistent offense from him.  He shows it with plays here and there.  He is one who may greatly appreciate having Wiley back so he can play the 4.  He just doesn’t seem (in my poor opinion) to have a down low game.

anfernee seems to have improved on his offense and not all dunks.

was a fun game last night.  Got a chuckle when we started to sit on the shot clock the last 8 minutes.

As long as AU doesn't run in to too many teams that have true 4 and 5s then, they will be able to compete with who they are playing. I have watched aTm and they are going to give AU a ton of trouble. It's hard for the guards to penetrate and harder for the front court guys to rebound with teams who have real size. I don't know how representative aTm is of roster size in the SEC, so it might not be too big a deal in SEC play. Seeing how uat almost came back and beat a ranked Minnesota with only 3 players, I think they are going to be a very tough win.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:16 PM, jared52 said:

As long as AU doesn't run in to too many teams that have true 4 and 5s then, they will be able to compete with who they are playing. I have watched aTm and they are going to give AU a ton of trouble. It's hard for the guards to penetrate and harder for the front court guys to rebound with teams who have real size. I don't know how representative aTm is of roster size in the SEC, so it might not be too big a deal in SEC play. Seeing how uat almost came back and beat a ranked Minnesota with only 3 players, I think they are going to be a very tough win.

Agreed, TAMU has been playing like a potential Final 4 team so far. Gonna be tough for the whole league this year.

Archived